Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Ah right...., so when the case numbers don't give you the numbers that you were looking for, come out with this stuff and invent the numbers you do want instead. 

image.png.69beb9840d479100a7cf1f8227855a5f.png

Or there could be an eight-fold decrease as it's already burnt out 5-7 days ago...

When you have to resort to this sort of hypothetical pish to make a point then it's not a great look for the point.

Edited by Todd_is_God

2 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Our school filmed our wee ones nativity. It's great quality and means it can be shared with wider family. Much better. 

Ours have done the same with that and end term one. Skip through the 45min to bits involving mine!

28 minutes ago, pub car king said:

The piss weak press and media need to start challenging this robustly because its just a political pissing contest now which is having a far more serious effect in the quality of people's lives and their livelihoods.

That won't sell papers.

Imo, and I may be well wide of the mark here, a lot of people are now not going to be getting tested even if they have symptoms, because they are confident it will be mild and don't want to be stuck in isolation over Christmas.

Having had it after being double vaccd - Was a mild 48hr cold for me. I would never test again. I’d keep my head down and out of the way for a few days if I had visible symptoms and then carry on as normal.

Zero people got it from me. The reason I know this is I came back to Scotland for the weekend and caught it here at a Race night. Travelled back out to Switzerland on the Sunday, symptoms showed on Tuesday,Wednesday and I then tested positive. I had zero contact from my locator form despite having got off a flight a few days earlier. Zero follow up contact regarding close contact/ support etc after positive test. The few people I was working with were tested but all negative. No other known cases at my work either.

Forgive me for being cynical, but I’ve had enough. When in my experience 2 different countries clearly don’t give a fk, 2jabs plus infection is plenty. Normal service is being resumed.

30 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

It’s a political point made to the masses that eat up everything she says.

“If we were independent we could do this.”

While the money is not available from WM, it matters not if she actually intends to close sectors or not, as that’s not truly the point being made.

Yeah.... Her plan looks like..... Do X and Y. Claim credit if it all does well. If it all goes shit, claim you wanted to do Z

20 minutes ago, Matador said:

Having had it after being double vaccd - Was a mild 48hr cold for me. I would never test again. I’d keep my head down and out of the way for a few days if I had visible symptoms and then carry on as normal.

Zero people got it from me. The reason I know this is I came back to Scotland for the weekend and caught it here at a Race night. Travelled back out to Switzerland on the Sunday, symptoms showed on Tuesday,Wednesday and I then tested positive. I had zero contact from my locator form despite having got off a flight a few days earlier. Zero follow up contact regarding close contact/ support etc after positive test. The few people I was working with were tested but all negative. No other known cases at my work either.

Forgive me for being cynical, but I’ve had enough. When in my experience 2 different countries clearly don’t give a fk, 2jabs plus infection is plenty. Normal service is being resumed.

My missus tested positive a couple of days after we got home from Scotland last month. She was asked for her close contacts, which meant I got an email and had to isolate for 10 days, though they then changed that advice and said I didn't have to because I'd been vaccinated. She told them she had been in Scotland and asked if they wanted details of who we had been staying with, the girl told her it was pointless as they could only contact people in Switerland.

I tested negative a couple of times and stopped bothering. Her mum and sisters also tested negative.

Ever since the care home fiasco where they needlessly sent hundreds of vulnerable people to their deaths the SG have been on a damage limitation exercise with carefully stage managed PR releases ever since. Would be surprised if we’re not locked down by New Year.