Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Johnny van Axeldongen said:

Looking at the demographics for London (45% "White British" in 2011), I'd wager that a sizable chunk of that group are black or Asian. It's time to stop pandering to these clowns and label them conspiracy theorist anti-vax retards, like we do with whites, to guilt-trip/pressure them into getting vaccinated.

oof.gif.e69278f99ddeeeb85b87272382e75959.gif

This is all quite grim. If Whitty/WHO/most of the scientists are saying we're in a bit of soup, I'd be inclined to believe them over all the armchair immunologists. Trouble now is that with such a large sense of distrust all over, no government can successfully order a circuit breaker in time and expect to get the compliance required to have any effect. That notwithstanding, winter is always when the deck is stacked against in terms of all respiratory disease, so the frantic preparation for this (like so much of the handling of this pandemic) is utterly criminal.

Yet again, everyone is left to make their own risk/reward balance and the people in charge of being in charge are outsourcing responsibility for our actions. Wonderful. GL all.

11 minutes ago, Scorge said:

This is all quite grim. If Whitty/WHO/most of the scientists are saying we're in a bit of soup, I'd be inclined to believe them over all the armchair immunologists. Trouble now is that with such a large sense of distrust all over, no government can successfully order a circuit breaker in time and expect to get the compliance required to have any effect. That notwithstanding, winter is always when the deck is stacked against in terms of all respiratory disease, so the frantic preparation for this (like so much of the handling of this pandemic) is utterly criminal.

Yet again, everyone is left to make their own risk/reward balance and the people in charge of being in charge are outsourcing responsibility for our actions. Wonderful. GL all.

Shut up.

So im curious, any chance we can have a poll so we can see how "bad" it really is? are some of us just ignorant?

It would be:

1. Do you know someone who has directly died from covid
  2. Do you know someone who has become seriously ill from covid
  3. Neither of above.

Shut up.

Bit harsh mate, he’s got a bit of a point
We always come down hard on sturgeon for restrictions accusing her of needing to “care more” than Westminster . The rest of Europe or the world doesn’t need to care more than Westminster. Doesn’t mean i agree with lockdowns but there must be at least some logic if all those places feel the need to take action

11 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Bit harsh mate, he’s got a bit of a point
We always come down hard on sturgeon for restrictions accusing her of needing to “care more” than Westminster . The rest of Europe or the world doesn’t need to care more than Westminster. Doesn’t mean i agree with lockdowns but there must be at least some logic if all those places feel the need to take action

Nah, there probably looking at us and thinking no smoke without fire maybe we should do something too. Much like everyone has been doing since this shite started

12 minutes ago, red23 said:

So im curious, any chance we can have a poll so we can see how "bad" it really is? are some of us just ignorant?

It would be:

3. Neither of above.

meanwhile everyone, services, nations have been fucked over in a dozen ways by 21 months of mass hysteria

3 hours ago, Rugster said:

It was 15 minutes, it’s now 5 minutes in Scotland but sounds like england are booting you out as soon as the needle is extracted. 

Certainly wasn't that in Bedford today, sat for 15 mins after.

21 minutes ago, red23 said:

It would be:

3. Neither of above.

Yes for 1 and 2.

Two different men, both in their 50s.

It would be:
  3. Neither of above.
I know someone who died of covid although they did also have underlying health conditions which no doubt contributed to it.

3 other people I know ended up hospitalised with it, all 3 of them under 30 and no underlying conditions that I'm aware of. None of them vaccinated.

37 minutes ago, red23 said:

It would be:

3. Neither of above.

Yes to 1 & 2. 

37 minutes ago, red23 said:

It would be:

3. Neither of above.

1. Not personally but I know people who have lost friends/family.

2. Can only think of one, hospitalised.

Don’t know anyone who died or was seriously ill with Covid. Only know two people who had it, both neighbours, both had cold-like symptoms with one describing it as ‘mild’, while the other said it felt like the worst cold they’d suffered.

4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

His language may be unfortunate but the thrust of his contentions are probably correct and the reason that London has such high numbers.

He also missed the point.

If anything, many on the left will put out the most vile and divisive arguments out in favour of mandatory vaccinations - then try and wriggle out of it when you ask about the challenges of vaccine hesitancy among ethnic groups who have an inherent distrust of governments and authority. Completely tie themselves in knots over it.

I say “the left”, there’s nothing really left wing about them. Plastic lefties, as oaksoft calls them.