Coronavirus (COVID-19)

39 minutes ago, Elixir said:

How will the NHS ever cope!

Clapping and Quality Street are the fuel required.

Never mind that nobody actually tackled the twenty plus years of patients on corridors, nil places for rehabilitation of patients resulting in bed blocking, reduced capacity etc.

Protecting the nhs narrative only seems to have came about the last 12 months and all the problems are as a result of covid.

Trying to rewrite history.  Unbelievable the brass necks on them.  They did nothing for years to address the fundamental issues but alas its covid to blame not them.

Edited by Tynie Heep

3 minutes ago, Elixir said:

How will the NHS ever cope!

I'm looking forward to when they try to tell us there are 1,000s in hospital who have tested positive within the last 21 days yet fail to mention that the overall number of people in hospital is at a normal level.

If we are to accept that this variant is more transmissible, then more people would test positive at any one time. The greater the percentage of the population who would test positive means it is more likely that anyone going in to hospital would.

It doesn't mean more people are sick, it doesn't mean more people are needing hospitalised because of it, and it doesn't mean that more people are in hospital.

Consider the number in hospital in September. The 7 day average number of cases peaked at around 6,400 and the number in hospital / ICU at 1,057 and 86 respectively. There was absolutely no talk about restrictuons or hospitals being unable to cope then, so why now?

"It's Winter" isn't a good answer, because flu still appears to have fucked off. That's on the FM Nicola Sturgeon, and the former health secretary (also Nicola Sturgeon), to explain why they have reduced NHS bed capacity by over 10% over the past decade to the extent that it can't cope with even the prospect of a "bad winter"

5 minutes ago, Kima Greggs said:

Earliest I could book a booster at one of my first 3 preferred locations is January 16th.

It says on their website they are adding more appointments daily so if you're fussed about getting it sooner you might want to check back tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, Kima Greggs said:

Earliest I could book a booster at one of my first 3 preferred locations is January 16th.

I’ve tried up to roughly that date too for the nearest 3 to me and can’t get an appointment. Phoned the doctors and they told me just wait for them to phone me for it, they’re still doing over 40s.

I remember arguing with one of the many iterations of the caddy when he point blank tried to argue that pandemic planning was solely the responsibility of the UK government, if that is the case (and we know it isnt because there are several documents which show this) then why is the SNP holding an inquiry into its handling of the planning and management of the pandemic? 

24 minutes ago, Kima Greggs said:

Apparently they are doing walk ins at some site within Ocean Terminal if that's any use.

Despite previous moans about bookings, I'm in on the 20th for.my booster. GP sent out a message inviting us so was able to secure a slot. 

They called me pretty early for my dose so very much seem to work on the basis of if you're willing, come get it. 

Still.feel a bit weird that I'll be getting it whilst there are a lot of over 50s that won't have had it by that stage tbh. But I'll have done my bit to prevent the blonde oaf ordering another lockdown*. 

*LOL, makes no fucking difference. 

Edited by Michael W

21 minutes ago, 101 said:

It says on their website they are adding more appointments daily so if you're fussed about getting it sooner you might want to check back tomorrow.

I don't really mind waiting tbh. Gives me something to look forward to.

I'll probably buy a new outfit and take a picnic, make a day of it.

The funny thing about booster walk-ins is that they aren't advertised, it's all rumours.  I'm going to take my wife out to Ingilston tomorrow morning to see if she can get one but I've also head that OT are doing them but it's never confirmed.  A Scottish journalist posted on Twitter that she got one at a pharmacy on Great Junction Street.  Some people are saying that you need to not have an appointment to get a booster, but you can just cancel them while waiting in the queue surely?

I can't book a booster until 21st January which is when I will be 12 weeks post 3rd primary vaccine.

4 vaccines within a year! Super boosted. 

I paid for an immunity test again following my 3rd primary vaccine. The increase in immune response from 2nd AZ to 3rd primary which was pfzier was amazing. It went from 943 U/ml to >2500 U/ml (highest level that can be recorded). No idea what the numbers mean! 

1 minute ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I can't book a booster until 21st January which is when I will be 12 weeks post 3rd primary vaccine.

4 vaccines within a year! Super boosted. 

I paid for an immunity test again following my 3rd primary vaccine. The increase in immune response from 2nd AZ to 3rd primary which was pfzier was amazing. It went from 943 U/ml to >2500 U/ml (highest level that can be recorded). No idea what the numbers mean! 

Means your banned from driving for 12 months.