Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I have to fly to visit my in laws over Xmas. 

They want us to take a test before the flight and after when we arrive just in case we caught it on the plane. Also want us to wear masks in the car home until the 2nd negative test comes back. 

Absolutely mental and shows what 2 years of scaremongering has done to people. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

They want us to take a test before the flight and after when we arrive just in case we caught it on the plane. Also want us to wear masks in the car home until the 2nd negative test comes back. 

Would I f**k be doing that.  If I suggested testing or masking to my FiL before we visit at Christmas he’d laugh at me.

If anyone I know was that scared I wouldn’t be bothering to visit them.

Just now, Left Back said:

Would I f**k be doing that.  If I suggested testing or masking to my FiL before we visit at Christmas he’d laugh at me.

If anyone I know was that scared I wouldn’t be bothering to visit them.

We didn’t see them at all from December 19 to may this year when coincidentally our daughter was born. 

23 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Unless the furlough tap gets switched on they can do very little.

With any luck WM will realise this was all an overreaction next week and SG will be left looking like proper shit the bed fools.

I'm expecting them to announce something, but I also hope it is no more than vaccine passports for all enclosed public areas (except shops and churches, of course). I also expect them to require third doses if you are eligible (the app recently updated to be able to hold that info).

That way they can be seen to be doing something and can keep the flow of boosters (which clearly work) going.

It's also what they have been choking to do for ages.

They do realise If you catch it on the plane it's not going to show up on a test for days after.

2 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:
32 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

They do realise If you catch it on the plane it's not going to show up on a test for days after.

This is exactly what I said to the mrs and she just said ‘if it makes them feel better…’ 

No more restrictions.  Repeal the emergency covid regulations.

The economy has to keep going.  Fund the NHS, prepare them for the future.  For the next pandemic instead of this cutting budget shite then awarding billions to our mates.  Prepare now, open the economy fully. 

Get taxes in now and spend them in preparation.

4 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Spot on. If they want to incentivise third shots now, then they can't close anything. There needs to be a gain from getting the jag.

I can see them maybe going down the 2G route like Germany for absolutely everything. 2G+ for large events would be a faff (and largely pointless), but that is there too if they want to leave wriggle room.

That way they don't close anything, and they aren't wrecking the vaccine rollout.

The irony being this would do literally nothing to impact pressure on hospitals compared to if they had just kept society open as normal. Fuds.

4 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Hospital figures down yet again.

9EC79656-2FD6-46FD-BBEF-21D585AEAFD7.jpeg

Just thirty-shree punters in ICU. Let that sink in.

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Covering their arses as usual

Frankly, they should be in the dock if we're nowhere near even their 'best-case' scenario yet again. Their pathetic modelling is ruining lives and livelihoods.

42 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Still, better just shut everything down as a precautionary measure to keep people safe.

Odd that I didn’t see this being retweeted by those high profile figures who were quick to point to South Africa data a week ago 

Edited by Spider Rico

This may have been mentioned, apologies if it has, but has there been any announcement re finiancial assistance for anyone self employed or in the gig economy on account of needless 10 day isolation? 
Bad enough not getting paid if you're ill but sitting in the house when perfectly healthy and not being able to make money will be a bitter pill,  not everyone is on a salary or able to work from home. 
Pretty sure the new isolation rules are advisory as opposed to law so if you test negative after a contact carry on as usual as far as I'm concerned.

32 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Spent all day in Edinburgh today and it was mobbed. Daytime and just now. Nobody is listening to you Nicky. 😊

The only very slight fear I have about this, is that it becomes justification for extra restrictions.

Along the line of “look we asked you, but you didn’t listen, so now we have to force you.”

Edited by Abdul_Latif

There are around 10,000 smoking related deaths in Scotland each year and around 33,500 hospital admissions each year that are related to smoking.   Anyone got any idea the equivalent figures in Scotland are for Covid?   Given the restrictions that have taken place to date I’m assuming Covid stats must be at least ten times the figures for smoking?