Coronavirus (COVID-19)

23 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Telegraph saying up to six junior members of Boris Johnson's government are considering resigning their posts in order to vote against plan B on Tuesday.

If that’s true, I reckon that’s the beginning of the end to all this nonsense.

Conservatives, by inclination are freedom loving and don’t like being messed about by the state.

Unless Boris can get rid of these SAGE people he’s a goner and quite right too!

20 minutes ago, Left Back said:

So you admit she wants to shut down hospitality and these stupid fear mongering announcements persuading people to stay away are the only tool she has at the moment (apart from tools like yourself of course).

Again you can’t have it both ways.  Regardless of whether she gets any money from Sunak she wants to devastate the hospitality sector.  By hook or by crook she’s doing it so she can claim to be keeping people safe while also taking potshots at Johnson/Sunak.

Again, you are mistaken.  Possibly a complete lack of comprehension of language on your behalf, which would explain why you have totally  failed to follow NS’s briefing.  

1 minute ago, Wee Bully said:

Again, you are mistaken.  Possibly a complete lack of comprehension of language on your behalf, which would explain why you have totally  failed to follow NS’s briefing.  

Sigh.  This is hard work.

Are you now saying she doesn’t want to shut down hospitality?

We’re back to a yes or no answer btw.

2 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

It;s a different question, but happy to help again.

Yes.

So she doesn’t want to shut down hospitality, but she’s making announcements to advise people to stay away from hospitality and she’s asking the chancellor for money so she can at least shut down hospitality and possibly more (I didn’t get what you’re definition of going further was.  Life is too short for me to explore that).

Is this what you’re trying to tell us?

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

So she doesn’t want to shut down hospitality, but she’s making announcements to advise people to stay away from hospitality and she’s asking the chancellor for money so she can at least shut down hospitality and possibly more (I didn’t get what you’re definition of going further was.  Life is too short for me to explore that).

Is this what you’re trying to tell us?

I’m not trying to tell you anything of the sort.  That’s your tortured logic, not mine 

1 minute ago, Wee Bully said:

I’m not trying to tell you anything of the sort.  That’s your tortured logic, not mine 

No bother pal.  I think we’ve all discovered what your viewpoint is.

Hospitality sector is fine.  Won’t lose a penny because of todays announcement.  All christmas food and drink has been paid for in advance so they’re coining it in anyway.  They’ll be glad of a couple of easy weeks at work.

Sturgeon doesn’t want to shut hospitality.  She’s got the begging bowl out for some other reason.  Must be some other sector she’s trying to support that’s being worse hit than hospitality.

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

With our policy of if one person in a household gets the virus, everyone in that house has to isolate for 10 days regardless of vaccine status.

Isn't Scotland just going to shut down very soon or am I not understanding this right?

No that's the cunning plan from the geniuses at bedlam sorry Holyrood.

They're a shower of arseholes with Sturgeon the uber arsehole.