Coronavirus (COVID-19)

ICTChris

The bed wetters and grifters must absolutely hate the truly useful folk who *actually developed a vaccine* when they are quite clear Covid is well on its way to being a relative non-event.

Posted at 12:53

UK's Covid situation improving, says Pollard

We have some more from Prof Pollard's comments to MPs.

He says it is "inevitable" that there will be a lower level of asymptomatic Covid testing in the future, saying: "We are not going to be testing at this rate forever."

Pollard adds that the country is in "an improving situation" because of high vaccination coverage and the booster programme, which contributes to higher levels of population immunity.

"At some point we will reach a steady state with the virus," he says, before adding that experts do not know when that will be.

Some very good stuff being put to MP's today, like why we should soon be stopping the testing of asymptomatic people and how it is ridiculous comparing the UK to other countries using disingenuous measures. Pleasing.

2 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

Agreed.  What’s your point?

At no point have I offered a certainty.  I haven’t said “the drop off in attendance was due to a boycott”.  I have noted there was a boycott, and there are a lot of women stating that they do not feel safe in clubs just now, and asked whether that could have been contributory to the decline in footfall.

In other words, are there a number of factors at play, or is it “just” the vaccine passport causing it?

It's highly likely that what has happened is that within groups of mates who go to the clubs together, a few of them won't have doubly vaccinated. The rest of the group are highly unlikely to go in on their own and will do one of two things.

They'll either stay at home and get some cans in or they'll go to a club not enforcing the passports.

In other words, Frankie is being penalised for doing the right thing either way.

To try and drag the injection issue into something which is clearly (to anyone who can think things through) a vaccine passport issue is disgraceful head in the sand stuff. But you already know that. You are deliberately trying to muddy the waters to dilute the message Frankie is putting out there.

Now, perhaps one or two are scared of being injected by some random stranger but the catastrophic drop in takings within the last week alone cannot be anything other than the vaccine passports. You also clearly stated that only 1 or 2 people per club would be affected by the passports and that has been shown to be bollox. You denied it, had the evidence pointed out to you and then tried to claim you were just playing the averages game.

You are behaving once again like a grade A arsehole.

Why can you just not admit you are in the wrong here?

Edited by oaksoft

You are... spectacularly. Again.

And this is with three days worth of Welsh data - the most riddled part of the UK right now despite mandated mask wearing and vaccine passports. The real figure is more in the region of 36-37,000. Collapsing.

The fall in cases south of the border is down to fewer tests being done than a week ago, rather than some collapse. The test positivity is the same roughly. 

18th October, 779,000 tests. 25th October, 658,000 tests. 

The real drop will come in a couple of weeks, as the English half term effect kicks in. 

Just now, Michael W said:

Percentage of English people actually wearing masks on public transport and in shops: nowhere fucking near 81% and 76%.

Come on, you know by know these polls reflect what people want other people to do...

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Come on, you know by know these polls reflect what people want other people to do...

Mask for thee, not for me. 

If that amount of people do think that masks should be mandated, I'd be seeing those numbers when I'm out. But I don't. Presumably anyone that thinks they should be mandatory doesn't think this for the sake of it and instead that it would be a real benefit. 

I really don't see why anyone of the "they should be mandatory" persuasion would therefore decide that they will not be wearing until the government makes them mandatory, despite their views. If you believe there's a (public health) benefit to it, why aren't you contributing? 

I try not to subscribe to the "rigged polls" type comments because they are fucking tedious, but when they are so far outside of lived experience, you can't help but think they're a crock of shit. 

46 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You also clearly stated that only 1 or 2 people per club would be affected by the passports and that has been shown to be bollox.

Just to jog your memory, it was in relation to 550 people over the weekend being knocked back. 

The problem with you is that you are reading what you want to read, and not what has actually been written.  Classic playing the man, rather than the ball.

There is no “debate” on this thread.  There is shouting into the abyss

26 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The fall in cases south of the border is down to fewer tests being done than a week ago, rather than some collapse. The test positivity is the same roughly. 

18th October, 779,000 tests. 25th October, 658,000 tests. 

The real drop will come in a couple of weeks, as the English half term effect kicks in. 

Somewhat true - but hospitalisations are also starting to turn downwards which is a key indicator of when a fall is genuine or meaningful.

21 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

RE: Devi

Joking aside, how can it be that our 'experts' (who, remember, hold all the qualifications that @Bob Mahelp demands to see) consistently get it so wrong?

Just realised she's labelled an epidemiologist there too. 😂

16 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Percentage of English people actually wearing masks on public transport and in shops: nowhere fucking near 81% and 76%.

Yup, it's absolutely hilarious stuff having just come back from good old London town. It was as if Covid never happened. Hardly anyone wearing a mask.

31 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Oooh. Unlucky @oaksoft - looks like you're out of step with mainstream English public opinion. 

Hang your maskless head in shame! 

Reveal hidden contents

YouGov is utter bollocks however

The people who self select for these non election polls for YouGov are fucking weirdos tbf.

Edited by welshbairn

37 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Oooh. Unlucky @oaksoft - looks like you're out of step with mainstream English public opinion. 

Hide contents

been said already but f**k it

PISH!

if that many people wanted masks in england then there would be far more people doing it than currantly are

You just have to look at the small number of people who chose to wear masks outdoors in scotland to see how many would bother indoors if they weren't mandatory, i'd give them an extra 10 % since indoors is "higher risk"

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

43 minutes ago, Michael W said:

It’s nowhere near that.  I was down south last week and I would say on the Tube at rush hour is was probably 50%.  Outside London is was a fraction of that, and when the Tube was quieter, the mask wearing rate was a lot lower than 50%.  

8 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

It’s nowhere near that.  I was down south last week and I would say on the Tube at rush hour is was probably 50%.  Outside London is was a fraction of that, and when the Tube was quieter, the mask wearing rate was a lot lower than 50%.  

Yep, very similar to my experience as well. I go into London once or twice a week and I'd put it around 50/50 on trains (sometimes perhaps 60/40 in either direction) and a lot lower in shops, maybe around 20/25%  masked. Staff are also starting to stop wearing them. 

I have no recent experience with TfL services, where masks are still mandated*. Interesting to see, however. 

*You won't be fined as they don't have the power to do that, but if you're very unlucky, might be denied travel. The odds on this are however very small. 

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Reveal hidden contents

20 percent of people support 'Only allowing people to leave their homes for essential shopping, exercise and work'. Jesus Christ. 

12 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

20 percent of people support 'Only allowing people to leave their homes for essential shopping, exercise and work'. Jesus Christ. 

Dunno... I can think of quite a few folk who shouldn't be let out of the house.