Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Missed all this excitement today but just home from a great day out in Glasgow with the wife.

Never had a mask on all day either on train or in shops plus absolutely no challenge whatsoever.

Must say that the assistants in Glasgow are a lot friendlier than Edinburgh.

Witnessed the height of hypocrisy today.

In a brasserie off George Square and a table of women next to us having a great time shouting and cackling into each other’s faces.

Met up with them again at Queen St station all masked up on the platform and on the train.

What is that all about?

I’m making no comment on the rules being right, but that isn’t hypocrisy, that’s them simply following the rules. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/10/omicron-could-overwhelm-nhs-if-virulent-as-delta-neil-ferguson-says

10k hospitalisations a day by the modelling genius. Javid warned more stringent measures needed by the 18th.
Has this clown even been close to getting anything right at any point during the pandemic?

10 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/10/omicron-could-overwhelm-nhs-if-virulent-as-delta-neil-ferguson-says

10k hospitalisations a day by the modelling genius. Javid warned more stringent measures needed by the 18th.

Good things it's a glorified cold then isn't it, Neil?

5 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

But everyone is saying it is busy out?  Which is it?

Not everyone is saying it’s busy out so we’ll put  that one.down as another example of you being a tit.

Not everywhere is being paid in advance for a works do.  They’ll have a deposit.  They’ll have spent that on ordering stuff/paying staff  for the works do’s.  They’ll also be losing out on the drinks they would have sold before, during and after these works do’s.  

You don’t give a f**k about any of that as long as you can chip up to your next SNP meeting and tell all your pals how loyal a supporter you are.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Granted I'm not from a City but I have never heard of anywhere taking full payment for a meal beforehand. A deposit yes but not the full cost.

You're not seriously suggesting that hotels/restaurants/pubs are not going to be out of pocket as a result of this nonsense from SNP today?

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Not everyone is saying it’s busy out so we’ll put  that one.down as another example of you being a tit.

Not everywhere is being paid in advance for a works do.  They’ll have a deposit.  They’ll have spent that on ordering stuff/paying staff  for the works do’s.  They’ll also be losing out on the drinks they would have sold before, during and after these works do’s.  

You don’t give a f**k about any of that as long as you can chip up to your next SNP meeting and tell all your pals how loyal a supporter you are.

Yes - anyone organising a works night out pays in advance. Normally weeks in advance. 

But you don’t care about the facts as it doesn’t play to your narratives. 

4 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Yes - anyone organising a works night out pays in advance. Normally weeks in advance. 

For food aye, pretty much every time we’ve had to buy our own drinks 

This scoffing at hospitality and by extension the low paid workers who depend on it is weird.

5 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

You're being deliberately obtuse. Plenty of smaller workplaces will book a restaurant for dinner. They will pay a small deposit per head. They won't pay for everything up front.

4 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

No they don’t.  Having organised and used my credit card to pay for plenty in my time I know this.

How are you going to predict weeks in advance how many drinks people are going to have?

Just now, anotherchance said:

For food aye, pretty much every time we’ve had to buy our own drinks 

This scoffing at hospitality and by extension the low paid workers who depend on it is weird.

No one is scoffing.  Apparently it is busy out, and the foods all paid for.  

I’m merely suggesting it isn’t the holocaust that was being suggested earlier.  

Of course, I'm sure literally every restaurant/bar/pub/club/event host take all of their money in the two weeks before Christmas via deposits and pre-planned events. Absolutely nobody goes out this time of year and just spends money in a place because they feel like it, so nobody's going to miss that.

Just now, Wee Bully said:

No one is scoffing.  Apparently it is busy out, and the foods all paid for.  

I’m merely suggesting it isn’t the holocaust that was being suggested earlier.  

Anecdotal takes by some folk out on the lash, isn’t the same as real word reporting by business owners that they have had multiple last minute cancelled bookings at their busiest time of year with no window to cover those cancellations.

Show some compassion ffs.

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Of course, I'm sure literally every restaurant/bar/pub/club/event host take all of their money in the two weeks before Christmas via deposits and pre-planned events. Absolutely nobody goes out this time of year and just spends money in a place because they feel like it, so nobody's going to miss that.

People are notorious for going home straight after finishing their pre-paid meal as well.

29 minutes ago, RiG said:

Scotrail have cancelled their Santa Trains to / from Fife this weekend due to the FMs announcement. I cannot recall anything that would stop them going ahead with this event but then again Scotrail have form for cancelling trains for seemingly spurious reasons.

Scotrail were prominently quoted by Nicola a couple of times at lunchtime today as services have had to have been cancelled due to covid related staff absence.

And now they’re cancelling optional leisure services?. IDK, anybody got any idea who’s taking over the running of Scotland’s railways shortly? 

Be careful what you voted for…

3 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Scotrail were prominently quoted by Nicola a couple of times at lunchtime today as services have had to have been cancelled due to covid related staff absence.

And now they’re cancelling optional leisure services?. IDK, anybody got any idea who’s taking over the running of Scotland’s railways shortly? 

Be careful what you voted for…

Parks of Hamilton?

We were booked on a Santa Express special Christmas train with my wee boy tomorrow from Waverley over to Fife but they’ve now cancelled it “following the First Ministers press conference”. Really gutting, although the boy took it extremely well, meaning I can’t tweet the FM “thanks Sturgeon sons crying”.

There’s obviously going to be a big reaction to this outside any legal changes. Things are getting preemptively cancelled before they are banned.