Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 hours ago, superbigal said:

Has this phs letter to schools been posted. Worrying if pushed out to general public tomorrow.
44c570f7e36d5ff3174284ee665473a8.jpg

• ALL identified contacts of a person who may have the Omicron variant will be informed of this by phone, SMS or letter. They will be advised to self-isolate for 10 days. No contacts can shorten this ten-day isolation period, irrespective of vaccination status, age, recent positive or negative PCR or LFD result

I won’t be adhering to any new restrictions that I am able to ignore, including this bollocks. Until I see a single shred of evidence that this new variant is actually more dangerous then I’m not sitting in the house feeling absolutely fine for 10 days (obviously if symptomatic that’s different). 

56 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I genuinely believe that, if Johnson hadn't been outed as having a party last year and pressed Plan B as a diversionary tactic, then we wouldn't be getting stricter rules today.

Maybe I'm going mental after almost two years living under this. But it was so ridiculously predictable that we would have to go one step further than England 'because I make no excuse for caring more'. 

Utterly sick of this theatre.

My son sat a test at school a couple of weeks ago. He got 71%. My daughter, who is 5 years younger, said that when she goes to the high school, she'll take the same course and same test and get 72%. It's a running thing with her that she wants to beat him, but only just. 

Same with Sturgeon and BoJo. Our restrictions must be one degree harsher than England's as evidence of caring more. If Johnson announced an 11pm curfew, Sturgeon would order a 10pm curfew in response.

Just back from 12 nights in Florida, no vaccine passports, no QR codes, no panic, no track and trace and no bodies piling up on the streets. 

How anyone can support increased state sponsored control freakery is beyond me. 

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

I genuinely have the fear we're about to go into lockdown again. I don't think my mental health can take it any more.

Lockdown without financial support would see the SNP out of government by February.

There would be riots.

Simply not going to happen.

On 08/12/2021 at 11:12, Rugster said:

The problem is Sturgeon always seems to want to go one step further than Bojo the clown. Might mean something further for us on Thursday.  

Or Friday even. Disgrace if further restrictions are announced. I’ve already resigned from the SNP over the walking back of the unlocking but if she announces more restrictions today they’ve also lost my vote. I was still intending to vote for them because I want independence but it will be a spoiled ballot if she goes ahead now. 

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I genuinely have the fear we're about to go into lockdown again. I don't think my mental health can take it any more.

If the figures that the government are promoting about Omicron are accurate huge numbers of people are going to have to isolate anyway so it'll be hard for businesses to stay open.

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

If the figures that the government are promoting about Omicron are accurate huge numbers of people are going to have to isolate anyway so it'll be hard for businesses to stay open.

Not sure businesses won’t be able to stay open cause of rates of infection. England got through the “pingdemic”. I can’t see this being any worse.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Aye, no furlough = no lockdown.

Aye, but they are sneaky c***s. They already have employers telling their staff they shouldnt be doing this or that. Iv heard of at least 3 seperate workplaces who have seen fit to try and tell their employees not to have Christmas nights out. 

What will happen today IMHO is that they will try to bend the narrative to place the onus on businesses and the public. She will try to go as close to a proxy lockdown as possible by making it almost a stigma to do anything other than stay in the house.