Coronavirus (COVID-19)

A German court has ruled that a man who slipped while walking a few metres from his bed to his home office can claim on workplace accident insurance as he was technically commuting.

The man was working from home and on his way to his desk one floor below his bedroom, the federal social court, which oversees social security issues, said in its decision.

While walking on the spiral staircase connecting the rooms, the unnamed man slipped and broke his back.

I know it's in Germany but do any of you homeworkers have a spiral staircase or possibly a loose carpet to fall over between the bedroom and the home office - will homeworkers have to invest in those Slippery Floor signs?

See the source image

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

An aside, but this guy is one of a number of people on Twitter who I find very sinister for reasons I can't quite put my finger on.

I know people who know him, I’m sure he’s fine. But I know what you mean. He’s a bit histrionic, especially about Covid. 

Edited by ICTChris

4 minutes ago, btb said:

I know it's in Germany but do any of you homeworkers have a spiral staircase or possibly a loose carpet to fall over between the bedroom and the home office - will homeworkers have to invest in those Slippery Floor signs?

See the source image

That slippery floor sign man looks like he’s just pinged one into the top corner from 25 yards.

13 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

That can absolutely get to f**k.

It's a ridiculously short sighted measure IMO.

Will it make any difference to the spread of Omicron? More than likely not.

Will it put extra pressure on hospitality business that desperately don't need that? Yes.

I really do not like the way sweeping statements (and essentially restrictions) can now be dropped on a whim, with nothing to back them up, which have far wider consequences than at first glance. I don't own a hospitality business, but if I did i'd be absolutely fuming at the vital revenue this statement will remove.

Normalisation of interference in everyday life can absolutely get to f**k. Covid might not have fucked off, but neither is it anything like an emergency. I do not understand the widespread acceptance of this type of nannying.

53 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Also, Public Health Scotland have issued a media release "urging people to defer" attendance at Christmas parties due to Omicron.

My own work Christmas party, not in Scotland, has been postponed until the end of January.

Breaking: People urge Public Health Scotland, and an assortment of politicians and baldy speccy tubes to go fcuk themselves.

B147D391-BECE-4085-A040-6252CCAAF981.jpeg

Edited by pozbaird

8 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Don't agree with PHS making this statement. It should come from a politician who has had the opportunity to consider the economic impact on businesses that will lose out. 

But then they'd have to answer to the sector about financial assistance.

The official SG stance, as communicated by Clownshoes at 4pm, is "Don't cancel, just do them safely"

Absolute slimeball move from the SG

1 hour ago, Caledonian1 said:

This aged well Mr Cut and Paste

Sadly they didn't expect last year's Chrimbo parties to leak out and needed a distraction. Vaxxport extensions now inevitable here as Sturgeon couldn't possibly have us the same as evil England. Would still rather have had the near five months of normality they had compared to the ongoing shit show up here. Keep on simping!

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Christmas Parties in January are dreadful.

Another dagger into the hospitality industry then, with absolutely zero financial help in return.

Who do these fucking roasters think they are? The audacity, man.

I think a lot of people would be avoiding contact at the moment anyway to ensure they aren’t infected over Christmas.
My work Christmas meal was in November so Omicron wasn’t a thing. Halcyon days.
Only 15 out of 40 odds committed to going to ours next Friday for this very reason ie fear of testing positive ahead of Christmas day.

Less than an hour before the announcement, the Scottish government's National Clinical Director Prof Jason Leitch told Radio Clyde that people could still hold parties if they "do it carefully".
He said: "The present guidance today is to be careful - don't cancel your arrangements but think about testing,

Some lad is Jason