Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 hours ago, Detournement said:

The caffeine centric adventures of Pozbaird have been one of the highlights of the thread. 

A man who appears to be permanently prowling the coffee shops, cafes and tearooms of Scotland. 

Funnily enough, had a very enjoyable coffee today at the Kelpies. I don’t smoke, I’m not a big drinker, so I’m not giving up my caffeine for no-one. Ya boo sucks. 😎

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

That p***k Dr Hillary on Lorraine claiming that 90% of people in hospital are unvaccinated despite it actually being around 35% are unvaccinated yet he'll keep being put on TV, the state of Britain and their media.

I didn't see it but the Sunday Times had a front page story saying that last weekend. The figures they were using were Jan 1st-Jun 30th when the vast majority of hospitalisations were before anyone was fully vaccinated. Fake news of the highest order and obviously designed to deflect from the current split. The non publication of ICU vaxxed vs unvaxxed since the summer is another obvious propaganda move.

I was meant to have an annual Christmas night out this weekend with friends but it's been called off because some people are worried about having to self isolate. Fair enough and the bolder few are going to pub crawl but discussing Covid in that chat was eye opening. A few of them genuinely believed you couldn't transmit if vaccinated and all transmission was due to unvaccinated people.

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Folk can either do all they can to help slow the spread of the virus, or they can participate in encouraging others to help the virus spread.  Rational people will choose the former.

Well no, rational people do not accept the false binary choice that is presented by the Sridhar and Swinneys of the world, and look for evidence and cost/benefit analysis to guide their response - rather than braying, moralistic claptrap. 

9 minutes ago, Empty It said:

That p***k Dr Hillary on Lorraine claiming that 90% of people in hospital are unvaccinated despite it actually being around 35% are unvaccinated yet he'll keep being put on TV, the state of Britain and their media.

This annoys the hell out of me. 

35% unvaccinated in hospital - when 10% of the population at large are unvaccinated - tells a very, very powerful story. You are 3.5 times more likely to be in hospital if unvaccinated. 

But then they start throwing out garbage numbers to try to inflate it, and end up making people doubt all the numbers. 

17 minutes ago, Empty It said:

I'm glad you're not wasting your day away!

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

This annoys the hell out of me. 

35% unvaccinated in hospital - when 10% of the population at large are unvaccinated - tells a very, very powerful story. You are 3.5 times more likely to be in hospital if unvaccinated. 

But then they start throwing out garbage numbers to try to inflate it, and end up making people doubt all the numbers. 

Aye but the unvaccinated includes all the people too seriously ill to take the vaccine who are hugely more likely to be in hospital at any time.

For a genuine comparison you would need figures for vaccinated, unvaccinated by choice and unvaccinated on medical advice.

It's also a bit daft grouping a healthy 20 year old who has chosen not to take it together  with a heavy drinking and smoking 70 year old. Unvaccinated u50s are putting zero stress on the NHS.

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Aye but the unvaccinated includes all the people too seriously ill to take the vaccine who are hugely more likely to be in hospital at any time.

For a genuine comparison you would need figures for vaccinated, unvaccinated by choice and unvaccinated on medical advice.

I agree with these parts of your post.

6 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

The “Independent SAGE” weirdos sure have been emboldened this week haven’t they.

You can see the glint in their eye as they slither back onto our TV screens

If I were them I'd feel unsafe in public. The first time Whitty got mobbed it was jovial. Might not be the next time.

Can you bookmark posts? If so I'd like to bookmark this one, and come back to it on December 30th.

million daily cases in the UK by December 30th if this modelling proves to be, ahem, accurate. I'd very much like to come back here three weeks from today and see how we are doing.

Can you bookmark posts? If so I'd like to bookmark this one, and come back to it on December 30th.
million daily cases in the UK by December 30th if this modelling proves to be, ahem, accurate. I'd very much like to come back here three weeks from today and see how we are doing.
He must have went to the same school as Granny Danger.

I mean, this modelling is just mince. Cases are currently doubling every 1.68 days, and the extrapolation shown is if that carries on. Makes no notice of the fact that as the virus infects more people, and comes into contact with more protected/vaccinated people, there are fewer places for the virus to go. It will slow down and retreat. Like every other wave.