Coronavirus (COVID-19)

24 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Johnson spent 30 minutes throwing as many dead cats as possible into the conversation. The only time he wasn't an ignorant, arrogant, bumbling fuckwit was when he was licking the arse of that sneering woman.

I wonder about the dignity of Whitty and the other guy who cringingly stood there and went along with this charade. 

Vallance and, particularly, Whitty have never looked closer to throwing their hands up And saying "fúck this shit". Their professional reputations must be in tatters. 

What did people think Sturgeon would say after that announcement from Johnson? And I don't mean from a "She won't apologise for caring too much" angle.

I mean genuinely, when the FM of Scotland is asked, immediately after restrictions have been strengthened in England, "Might we have to strengthen our restrictions?", would you expect any answer other than "Yes, we might"?

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Vallance and, particularly, Whitty have never looked closer to throwing their hands up And saying "fúck this shit". Their professional reputations must be in tatters. 

Whitty looked really uncomfortable.  At times he seemed to be trying to protect Boris though which is certainly not his job.  He must be wondering if his knighthood is actually worth this shit by now.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

What did people think Sturgeon would say after that announcement from Johnson? And I don't mean from a "She won't apologise for caring too much" angle.

I mean genuinely, when the FM of Scotland is asked, immediately after restrictions have been strengthened in England, "Might we have to strengthen our restrictions?", would you expect any answer other than "Yes, we might"?

Has she got a statement out already?

11 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Witty used the phrase "mid point" in about 3 answers today so going by that rationale another 2 years with some restrictions in place. He was asked this very Q tonight (is this life as we know it living with Covid) but just waffled whereas Cunto the liar was trying to tell us these are not really restrictions, they were always intended hence the "plan B" yet when he announced plan B in the autumn it was described as almost a last resort tactic.

And what will be different after another two years when the NHS comes under the inevitable winter pressures? We are not at the midpoint when 95% of the UK population have had prior exposure, vaccination, or both, to covid. We're not exactly going to be any more immune x number of years down the line.

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

She wasn't asked, though.

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Our restrictions are still tighter than Englands.  Sky stated that the new rules in England don’t include wearing masks in pubs and restaurants.

3 minutes ago, Elixir said:

And what will be different after another two years when the NHS comes under the inevitable winter pressures? We are not at the midpoint when 95% of the UK population have had prior exposure, vaccination, or both, to covid. We're not exactly going to be any more immune x number of years down the line.

Unless there is a huge political change it will be this forever.

We live in the era of the biosecurity state. 

The absolute state of those comments under Sturgeon's tweets. Folk begging her for more restrictions. 

Here's an idea - just lock yourself in your own home. And if you're really bothered about masks, buy an FFP3 one, wear it and shut the f**k up. 

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

What is it with simps and irrelevant whataboutery?

So to clarify, you think the FM shouldn't have made a statement following an announcement by the Prime Minister because "she wasn't asked", and questioning your response is indulging in simping and whatboutery?

On the first point, I'd be extremely surprised if she hadn't been asked by multiple journalists for a response, and on the second, we know people would have slaughtered her for staying quiet if she hadn't.

But you stick to your cringeworthy patter, and declaring the pandemic over in the summer of 2020.

6 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Unless there is a huge political change it will be this forever.

We live in the era of the biosecurity state. 

I’m probably more tolerant than most on here of your outlandish takes, but that’s even a bit much for me.

I agree we are likely to end up more digitally tracked in the future, maybe even with some kind of social credit system, but I don’t believe it’s liked to or driven by Covid. 

The government have just shit their pants for fear of making the same mistakes as previous.

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

So to clarify, you think the FM shouldn't have made a statement following an announcement by the Prime Minister because "she wasn't asked", and questioning your response is indulging in simping and whatboutery?

On the first point, I'd be extremely surprised if she hadn't been asked by multiple journalists for a response, and on the second, we know people would have slaughtered her for staying quiet if she hadn't.

But you stick to your cringeworthy patter, and declaring the pandemic over in the summer of 2020.

Careful, mate, you'll be getting put up as the new WelshBairn. Todd is never, ever wrong. Do ask him his views on Climate Change, as well. 

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Met saying they will only investigate the party if the Cabinet Office finds evidence of wrong-doing for them.  Against their policy otherwise.

Furious sweeping under the carpet going on.

?

Are they suggesting that the police don't investigate crime unless someone else has investigated it first? 

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Your initial point suggested she was asked though... she wasn’t. 

I have no idea why she would be slaughtered for not commenting further on England following her lead.