Coronavirus (COVID-19)

ICTChris

12 minutes ago, superbigal said:

You are probably correct I did not see the 4am time.

As a code is all I give a flying feck about I will go with this mob as advised at £28.   

https://www.expert-medicals.co.uk/products/green-list-day-2-testing-package

If you need or want something more "reputable" ie when important you need results back to fly going out somewhere.   Then Randox with the Ryanair or Easyjet discount codes are £43.  Drop boxes all over the place,

Most places flying out just ask for an LFT if anything, found this one that looks ok for £23, and you get the certificate in minutes. https://www.chronomics.com/fit-to-fly-antigen

Randox worked fine for me, but I get a bit nervous when the sample has to be trucked down to the central belt from Inverness and presumably flown over to Belfast for processing, with the clock ticking down. They seem to have it all worked out though.

56 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

AlsoIrving is an absolute moon howler, 

Irving is one of the most entertaining players in the NBA. An incredible ball handler and point guard. 

However he's absolutely a fucking crackpot. Headed down the flat earth rabbit hole a while back and now he's got this nonsense going on. 

Have to laugh at the Italians. Talks of strike threats over workplace passport requirements. They have a defacto strike anyway with an estimated 3m+ workers not double vaccinated in non exempt occupations now unable to work. They haven't really thought this one through.
Perhaps people who ARE vaccinated but are against vaccine passports also wish to take action against discriminatory policy rather than simply shrugging and seeing those 3 million people shovelled onto the breadline?

Perhaps people who ARE vaccinated but are against vaccine passports also wish to take action against discriminatory policy rather than simply shrugging and seeing those 3 million people shovelled onto the breadline?
I dare say they do but it doesn't detract from the 3m who can't work, how do the Italians plug that hole even without strikes. The Italian govt need to act pronto is the point even without a strike. You can't just remove 3m+ people from the workforce at a stroke and expect an economy / country to keep functioning as before.

28 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I dare say they do but it doesn't detract from the 3m who can't work, how do the Italians plug that hole even without strikes. The Italian govt need to act pronto is the point even without a strike. You can't just remove 3m+ people from the workforce at a stroke and expect an economy / country to keep functioning as before.

They can just ask Boris and co how it's gone for us.

31 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Nothing to see here move along will be the answer.

COP26 should be quite a laugh as all the Hotels and Pubs in Glasgow are massively short staffed at the moment, I can only assume that they'll have to be offering big incentives or getting some "super agency" staff brought in.

Of course, they're still using covid as an excuse to not clean the rooms or change the towels daily when the real reason is that the majority of their staff have gone back to Eastern Europe and they've nobody to do the job.

58 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Well if you see Jefferey Sachs on TV giving his expert opinion, Italy is f**ked as we know it.

7 minutes ago, Detournement said:

That's weird because in the UK positive tests for Covid are higher amongst vaccinated people in all ages over 29.

20211014_143725.jpg

But when you look at hospitalisation and death, unvaccinated folk have much higher rates at every age group

image.png.56556395f3417e6b92a6b2ced6047665.pngimage.png.919ce3bf2f429cf2666ec18f568743af.png

5 hours ago, superbigal said:

I land at 1.50am on the 24th October so nice timing.  Should be able to book some cheap shite on the 22nd.

Albeit "Rogue outfit" Expert Medicals are only £28 for the day 2 PCR anyway.

I used ExpertMedicals earlier this year for a PCR.  It took 5 days from posting royal mail priority and finally emailing them before I got my negative result.  During the same time, to be on the safe side I had come home, did a drive through PCR from NHS and got my result.

Did Randox for PCR a few weeks back.  More expensive but result back after a few days.  I also did the NHS result and I got the all clear before Randox got back to me a day or so after NHS.

7 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

I used ExpertMedicals earlier this year for a PCR.  It took 5 days from posting royal mail priority and finally emailing them before I got my negative result.  During the same time, to be on the safe side I had come home, did a drive through PCR from NHS and got my result.

Did Randox for PCR a few weeks back.  More expensive but result back after a few days.  I also did the NHS result and I got the all clear before Randox got back to me a day or so after NHS.

It doesn't really matter how long it takes now though as people are only interested in getting the number for their locator form, what happens after that is inconsequential.

The cynic in me would say that's all the Government are interested in also, so as they can fulfill their contractural obligations to their chosen few and as such gain a seat on the board at a later date or at a minimum being booked as a "guest speaker" for a few well paying seminars etc.....

35 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It doesn't really matter how long it takes now though as people are only interested in getting the number for their locator form, what happens after that is inconsequential.

The cynic in me would say that's all the Government are interested in also, so as they can fulfill their contractural obligations to their chosen few and as such gain a seat on the board at a later date or at a minimum being booked as a "guest speaker" for a few well paying seminars etc.....

Pretty much agree with you.  Although if I pay £30-40 I would like a wee bit of reassurance that I am not positive and the company is actually providing a service.  Unfortunately I doubt this is actually the case with some companies.  Licence to print money.

Part of the reason I get a PCR when I think I might need one is I do not trust LFTs enough (and by the latest news not sure PCR companies can be trusted either).

Yet as I mentioned in a previous post, no matter how careful we are it just takes that moment if letting your guard down and you can set off a domino effect in various directions.

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

That's weird because in the UK positive tests for Covid are higher amongst vaccinated people in all ages over 29.

20211014_143725.jpg

What a shock to find you misrepresenting data again. 🤣

Have you not got better things to do with your time?

Just now, oaksoft said:

How do you ever find time for actual work? Seriously. 🤣

Easy - I have time off at the moment. Off today, and no teaching for the next week. 

(even so, I have reviewed two papers today and zapped a few emails which I shouldn't have done as it's my day off)