Coronavirus (COVID-19)

14 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Sage modelling 2k hospitalisations a day apparently, this will be what’s cited for the new restrictions.

Great to be back here again, absolutely smashing.

They can all get fucked.

That's an incredible number to extrapolate from zero 🙈

10 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

That's an incredible number to extrapolate from zero 🙈

they're persistent & consistent I'll give them that at least. I'm still waiting on them not being widely wrong but f**k it

trying to keep themselves front & centre rather than go back to their boring jobs?

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

1 minute ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

they're persistent & consistent I'll give them that at least. I'm still waiting on them not being widely wrong but f**k it

trying to keep themselves front & centre rather than go back to their boring jobs?

Just now, anotherchance said:

SAGE modelling must be up there with my Saturday accumulators for being in a different planet to the actual likelihood of what’s going to happen.

To try and be fair to them, they usually pick a data point / period and present a graph showing what would happen if this continued until a certain time.

It's crude, and completely unrealistic, but you can at least see how they have come up with their numbers.

This one is completely different. This is plucked out the air stuff.

This next tranche of restrictions is going to be the one that breaks the public and shatter the perception that folk are on board with it. Just IMO obvs. Credibility on restrictions is crumbling and people will see it, coupled with the anger casued by the tories.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Yep. That one was right up there with the confusing nonsense about how many people you could meet in which setting and from how many different families.

That and the difference of closing time of either 6pm or 8pm depending on whether you were a pub, a cafe or a social club.

It really is incredible and baffling in equal measure that so many people just nodded along with this utter shite without questioning any of it.

What happens if you do try to question things you perceive to be unjust, or plain stupid, or get you angry? I probably relayed this before, but when the initial ‘big’ lockdown happened, when it was all about one trip out for exercise, and only essential shops were open… I was in the Antonine Centre in Cumbernauld, Tesco, Superdrug, Boots etc open for our essentials. I needed a pee, only to find all toilets locked shut. In a pandemic where the government were hammering the ‘wash your hands to stop the spread’ message, in the ONLY place open, the ability to do just that, and perform the most basic human function was taken away. I personally witnessed, in Superdrug, an old dear asking the staff if she could use their toilet because she was desperate and the centre toilets were all shut.

I personally had had enough of stuff like that, had encountered similar in other local shopping areas. So, I contacted my MSP to ask that, far from toilets being shut, they should absolutely be opened. I relayed the story about the Antonine. He replied, and made a joke. He said ‘can’t folk go to the toilet before they leave the house?’

There’s no point, not when you politely query or question something, and  you’re up against that. Lost my fcuking vote on the spot.

56 minutes ago, Left Back said:

See the comms wifie doing all the laughing and joking in the press room has resigned.  That'll be the end of that then.  Once sacrificial lamb will appease the 1922 committee and everyone else will just carry on.

Worth every penny of her £130k salary, I wonder if the Tories could install me as a spokesperson for such generous remuneration at the publics expense.

Edited by 101

43 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Boss just told me to WFH until January at least, cheers Nicola👍

man-teleworking-wearing-shirt-tie-and-pa

Whilst wfh is not to everybody's taste.When all the restrictions got lifted in Norway in pure Norwegian manner my colleagues got offered to wfh or go back to the office...not one of them turned up at the office on the Monday 🤣

Yes. Basically brings it into line with Scotland and I think Wales too.
The proposals are probably benign enough that they'll be accepted by the majority (as much as I disagree with vaccine passports in particular) and will pass without too much criticism given yesterday's revelations. It is also very hard for people not to comply with them. 
The absolute fucking gall to stand up and announce these after the events of the last 48hrs though is astonishing. Even more so that he's just decided to do this on the hoof. 
it's a man out of his depth and desperately scrambling for a deflection. No-one is buying it. 

And to think that some here were defending the duplicitous shitebag a few weeks ago.

No way can Queen Nicola have us simply on a par with England. Even more shit imminently heading our way because some people will get a cold. Tremendous stuff. Of course, let's not forget the shameless distraction nonsense from the clowns in London either.
None of them are fit to govern.
You genuinely need to take a break from this thread before you have an embolism.