Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Oh I think he did get his answer.

His point was to get Javid to admit the government was publicly headless chickening and re-imposing long forgotten restrictions based on absolutely no hospitalisation at all from the new variant.

TBF, it was an excellent question and exposed Javid and is exactly what Labour should have been doing.

A handful of "colourful" Torty backbenchers appear to be doing a better job of holding the government to account than the combined Labour front bench.

I disagree it's early days, far to early to panic but he should be asking about severity of disease studies rather than a small number of cases.

As for him being colourful I couldn't agree with that, a C word certainly describes him but colourful isn't it. As for being held accountable they aren't accountable for this nor for their Brexit omnishambles. I would agree that Labour are less than effective at holding them to even the most basic level of account though.

6 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

it would bring them into line with us,

The problem is Sturgeon always seems to want to go one step further than Bojo the clown. Might mean something further for us on Thursday.  

11 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

'Plan B' is England only, is that right?

Yes. Basically brings it into line with Scotland and I think Wales too.

The proposals are probably benign enough that they'll be accepted by the majority (as much as I disagree with vaccine passports in particular) and will pass without too much criticism given yesterday's revelations. It is also very hard for people not to comply with them. 

The absolute fucking gall to stand up and announce these after the events of the last 48hrs though is astonishing. Even more so that he's just decided to do this on the hoof. 

it's a man out of his depth and desperately scrambling for a deflection. No-one is buying it. 

Edited by Michael W

No way can Queen Nicola have us simply on a par with England. Even more shit imminently heading our way because some people will get a cold. Tremendous stuff. Of course, let's not forget the shameless distraction nonsense from the clowns in London either.

None of them are fit to govern.

It was obvious to anyone paying any sort of attention that the restrictions were arbitrary nonsense drawn up by a government that loves to exert its control over the working class and minorities, and that the same people who created said farcical rules would obviously break them in the company of their rich and powerful mates, because they know they’re farcical and won’t stick to them.

I’m just as concerned by the main takeaway of the furious middle Englanders, which seems to have that classic, conservative-voting mentality of ‘I don’t care if there’s misery and I’m miserable so long as everyone else is miserable, ideally more miserable. Especially the ones with pink hair, they should be the most miserable’. Seeing that they were played for chumps last Christmas by following arbitrary laws that made no sense and were selectively enforced, whilst their overlords partied it up in Downing Street, must sting. Get it up them.

Anyway, now that Plan B is coming in England, almost purely out of spite for everyone having the audacity to find out about their party, will everyone finally admit that the basis for restrictions are not grounded in any sort of science, and instead are totally subject to the whims of a corrupt, lying government; and as such no reasonable, normal person should want any restriction lasting for another second in a highly-vaccinated population?

7 minutes ago, Snafu said:

You seem to be enjoying yourself a bit too much.

I don't find restrictions tremendous.

It's like football supporters who enjoy their rivals defeat more than their own team winning.

It's difficult thinking how I could make sarcasm more obvious...

51 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

'Plan B' is England only, is that right?

So what does this mean to all the P&Bers on this thread, last week,  who were threatening to move to England to get away from the restrictions in Scotland?  Are they calling the Removers off right now?

1 minute ago, Caledonian1 said:

So what does this mean to all the P&Bers on this thread, last week,  who were threatening to move to England to get away from the restrictions in Scotland?  Are they calling the Removers off right now?

Lickspittles will want even more restrictions up here now despite:

30 minutes ago, Elixir said:

No way can Queen Nicola have us simply on a par with England. Even more shit imminently heading our way because some people will get a cold. Tremendous stuff. Of course, let's not forget the shameless distraction nonsense from the clowns in London either.

None of them are fit to govern.

5 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

00BFA4C4-0CA8-47C1-8C41-2A446C2CBBA4.jpeg

Bingo!

Thank goodness we are potentially heading back to the safety of last December where you could meet family in a restaurant but not each others houses, its difficult to express how much more safe this would make me feel. 

17 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

00BFA4C4-0CA8-47C1-8C41-2A446C2CBBA4.jpeg

The replies to that tweet so far are all overwhelmingly against restrictions but I'm sure one of the usual suspects will be along shortly to tell us all we're "moonhowlers", that the views on this thread don't reflect the general public and how P&B is an echo-chamber.