Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:

"Corbyn funding", what a weird thing to think is an insult.

Piers Corbyn is a dangerous and quite frankly deranged individual anyone chucking cash at him, I would contest probably isn't fit for public office.

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

his perfectly reasonable question?

It didn't get an answer beyond that they weren't in hospital, for him to clip it and stick it on his social media I believe it playing to his band of followers, all politicians are of course guilty of this but for a knight to do so isn't a great look.

8 hours ago, Frankie S said:

with no indication yet that the Scottish government will follow Westminster in extending the rates amnesty for another 12 months

I think that's being a bit generous to Westminster. Scotland has had a 100% amnesty since 1st April 2020 until at least 31 March 2022. England had 100% from 01 April 2020 until 30 June 2021 then 60% from 01 July 2021, dropping to 50% from 01 April 2022 onwards.

Given the Barnett consequentials from Sunak's budget, I would be very surprised if it isn't announced in the Scottish budget that the discount in Scotland was going to be at least 50% for another 12 months from 01 April 2022.

That's in addition to the Small Business Bonus relief scheme in Scotland already being more generous than the English equivalent.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Piers Corbyn is a dangerous and quite frankly deranged individual anyone chucking cash at him, I would contest probably isn't fit for public office.

It didn't get an answer beyond that they weren't in hospital, for him to clip it and stick it on his social media I believe it playing to his band of followers, all politicians are of course guilty of this but for a knight to do so isn't a great look.

Okay, so we’re talking about Piers, not Jeremy. 
Whatever, Swayne is an absolute hero on this Covid topic.

One of the few politicians who has had the courage to go against the mainstream.

I would love ten minutes in the company of the top scientists, health officials, and politicians in this country to ask them a few questions. Right now, this week would be good for me…

I won’t list my questions, I reckon any sane and sensible P&B posters could pretty much guess what they would be. The first question would however certainly contain the phrase ‘you told us vaccines were the way out, we have them, most of us have had two or three jabs, so tell me your plans to lift all restrictions…cuntos’. That last bit is for the politicians.

There is a strange new movement I've spotted online. There have always been the "traditional" anti-vaxxers who feel that the virus is just a bad cold and we should let "natural immunity" prevail, regardless of the numbers of deaths etc. 

Now there is another movement. These are the uber-lockdown fanatics who are happy to rubbish the vaccines, say that they're hopeless against the virus and so we should all turn the clock back to March 2020 and lock ourselves away. These are the disciples of Deepti and her "millions of kids disabled by long covid" stuff. 

We shouldn't really care if Omicron can "escape" vaccines if it doesn't do much once it does so.
Cases ≠ sick people. Same same thing Javid bumbled over yesterday.
If this variant is a bit rubbish at making people ill then there's an argument for binning all restrictions and letting it infect anyone who wants it. If you'd rather not take the risk stay at home or be a bit more careful.

When people talk about Corbyn, particularly in a political context, it's natural to assume that it's Jeremy rather than his no-mark brother.