Coronavirus (COVID-19)

So: Denmark getting banged on the red list, then? Or is it just African countries?

Nothing at all racist or discriminatory about all this. Just for the good of 'public health' - apparently.

4 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Really hacked off with the pantwetting travel restrictions that came to force yesterday.

For a trip to Cyprus in January instead of the previous £17 it would have cost for a Lateral Flow on arrival I now need to book another 2 tests, one on arrival in Cyprus and one before flying home coming to a minimum of £75.

Fed up of this shite.

To 'protect' against a beyond shan variant that they reckon will be the dominant strain in the entire country by then. 

Another exercise in joined-up thinking. 

4 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Nicola Sturgeon confirms that there are no immediate changes to current restrictions but no preventions will be lifted at this time amid the rapidly developing Omicron situation. Additional protections will be placed under daily review she confirms.

Why only daily? She could waltz about the place with a spiky virus shaped 'football' containing lockdown codes. She'd still be winning the 'cares more' battle while doing f**k all difference to the progress of an endemic, glorified cold.

1 hour ago, Meldrew said:

no, i don't need wrapped in cotton wool, some do, and while i respect their needs, selfish c***s like you don't seem to give a f**k about them.

So how often did you wear a face covering and refused to enter an indoor space without being vaccinated during every bog-standard winter flu season before 2020? 

I'll be looking for a precise list of years in which you respected the needs of the same, tiny handful of clinically vulnerable people that you're so concerned about now. 

29 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

It was referred to on Politics Live today.

There actually was a visit paid to Arthur’s house but, many visits are done by Zoom.

No one contradicted the assertion. In fact the Labour MP was a former social worker.

I work with social work, and have never done a visit by zoom in the entirety of the pandemic. 

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

Could the guidance be different between England and Scotland?

It easily could be, but it would be pretty wild. The first month or two when no one had any idea what this was, there was essential visits only so people may have caught up with less at risk children online but things were back to normal visits pretty quickly! Obviously, any at risk child only being seen over zoom would be disgraceful. Social workers should have been working as key workers alongside everyone else. It isn’t exactly a job you can do at home. 

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

“The threat of hospitals being overwhelmed is now back on the table”

Knicker wetting drivel.

Sturgeon will be gagging for Downing Street to bring things back in. Rubbing her hands thinking of the possibilities to screw with our lives just in case hospitals get a wee bit busier.

Meanwhile, yet another treatment on the cards for this shanner of a virus.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Just trying to think through what my biggest bug bear has been about all of this.

Obviously as a fully grown adult I don't take kindly to other people telling me what, how and when to do things that they want me to do but it's more than that I think.

How do you feel about seatbelts?

1 minute ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, Meldrew said:
if he can't pay his mortgage, he shouldnt have pushed the boat out as far and settled for a more modest house

Ah right enough he should've planned for his business to be shut down by the government for over a year.

fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

To lie about not having a party rather than just apologies and pay the £10k fine, instead throwing the entire cabinet under a bus seems incredibly clumsy to say the least. How could they hope the joking about the party wouldn't become known.

2 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

*sucks air through teeth*

ooh careful now, they don't like that one. Not when they don't  want anyone thinking they'd been told what to do. 

Because it is a fucking moronic comparison. Genuinely laughable, in fact.

No surprise to see you falling for it hook, line and sinker.