Coronavirus (COVID-19)

In regard to the spate of Twitter stuff where folk take photos of trains, planes, and automobiles before wailing about crowding and masks, I reckon in one, two, three, oh, who knows how many years…. There will be two distinct groups still concerned about crowds and masks. The first group will be the genuinely vulnerable, perhaps elderly, perhaps with genuine feelings of uneasyness. The second group will be cnuts, who post on Twitter.

31 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Saw this today on the Twitter.

As Scotrail note in the replies, social distancing hasn't been mandatory on public transport for months.

Perhaps if she was so concerned about social distancing she could have left the train to allow those she has worked so hard to message to have more space. Or is her journey more important than these plebs?

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I don't want to dunk on the woman posting that tweet, it just struck me that it was a little out of kilter with how people are behaving in my experience.

Anyway, the UK Health and Security Agency have published a paper on the Omicron variant.  Very low base to work from but some interesting details in this thread.

One interesting thing about this is that 30% of the Omicron cases were unvaccinated and 10% only had a single dose.  It's only 22 cases but that seems very high.

Too early to tell I'd imagine. 

Although given the current vaccination rate of the population, surely most cases (at least in the over 16s) are occurring in vaccinated people by this stage? 

How come this is only getting leaked now? Is that scamp Dom Cummings behind it again?

It's a bit beyond belief that Laura Kuenssberg is only hearing about it now "from sources".

Edited by welshbairn

That is amazing. "Morbidly obese whale deflects all responsibility for health issues" is a more accurate headline.

These people should be forced to face the reality of their outrageously poor lifestyle choices, not shielded, given a platform, and looked upon as victims.

The best part of that video is reminding me that people used to be seriously concerned about tens of millions of people in the UK developing debilitating 'long Covid'. Based solely on self-reporting by malingerers and couch potatoes. 

d6fc4b86-3c83-444a-85af-aa2959571874.jpg.8d10d10b6e40bc62b348ec95f3a750ee.jpg

12 minutes ago, yoda said:

It's amazing that Susan Michie is orchestrating a communist revolution through facemasks and social distancing when Fidel Castro had to go through five years of armed struggle.

Yeah, man. It's not like authoritarian tendencies have anything in common with communism at all.