Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Forgive me if im incorrect, but this reads to me like you go about Partick trying to get vaccinated several times a week? Im all for being protected and feel very strongly people should be vaccinated, however from that post its 3 vaccines in a week or so, you have a pfizer problem don’t you? 

I live in the vicinity, and pass the Hall is on the road to the supermarket, so I can hardly miss it.

I was booster jabbed with the Moderna on Monday plus the flu jab, nothing else.

If it came across otherwise, then I apologise for poor expression.

1 hour ago, Wee Bully said:

At least you posted from the right account this time, Elixir / Glennie.

As far as I recall, this/these poster(s) is/are the only one(s) to refer to Susan Michie's membership of the Communist Party as a damning factor in considering her professional competence or motivation.  We aren't paranoid, 1950s, Americans wary of imminent threat from The Red Menace, so quite what the significance of Michie's political affiliation is escapes me.

I haven't lived in Dundee for decades, but when I did. to accuse a high-profile member of The Communist Party of being a Communist would have attracted some funny looks.  Still, it's a free country despite Michie and her co-conspirators and he/they should be left at liberty to pursue his/their little witch hunt.

Saw this today on the Twitter.

As Scotrail note in the replies, social distancing hasn't been mandatory on public transport for months.
Who is Kirsty Craig? In what way did she work herself into the ground?

These people have lost their grip on reality.

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Saw this today on the Twitter.

As Scotrail note in the replies, social distancing hasn't been mandatory on public transport for months.

I noticed one from James Cook moaning about those in the standing section at a gig not wearing masks. It’s hard enough with the heat without a mask at a gig, never mind with one! 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Who is Kirsty Craig? In what way did she work herself into the ground?

These people have lost their grip on reality.

Thought that as well. Surely she doesn’t mean by retweeting pish on Twitter relentlessly (although I’m sure some would call that hard work).

I don't want to dunk on the woman posting that tweet, it just struck me that it was a little out of kilter with how people are behaving in my experience.

Anyway, the UK Health and Security Agency have published a paper on the Omicron variant.  Very low base to work from but some interesting details in this thread.

One interesting thing about this is that 30% of the Omicron cases were unvaccinated and 10% only had a single dose.  It's only 22 cases but that seems very high.