Coronavirus (COVID-19)

25 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

1. Breaking the rules back in March 2020 (so within the first fortnight of the first lockdown, when no-one knew what was going to happen)

2. Calling it a “Shan respiritory infection” and a “nothing virus”

3. No concern at all for other people dying - they appear to be old anyway, so fair game

In the past 24 hours, you have managed to prove you don’t give a f**k about anyone apart from yourself, and never have,.  This isn’t some development where as time has gone on you’ve decided that the restrictions don’t make sense, or that we finally have to get on with our lives (I have some respect, nay sympathy for that view).  You didn’t care what happened to other people right back at the start.  

What an odious c**t you are.  

load of utter shite, unreal folk still bang out this line about motive

i warned against this hysteria from the start exactly because of what would happen to other people, the broad damage it would do to everyone, the danger of the big state

if theres anyone that "didnt care" its halfwit doomsday cultists abandoning all else for a coof obsession

1 minute ago, Glennie said:

load of utter shite, unreal folk still bang out this line about motive

i warned against this hysteria from the start exactly because of what would happen to other people, the broad damage it would do to everyone, the danger of the big state

if theres anyone that "didnt care" its halfwit doomsday cultists abandoning all else for a coof obsession

∆∆∆

Forgot to log back in using the Elixir account when replying. 

Two-hour long wait outside Partick Burgh Hall for vaccination today. Not for the first time this week, either. Waited 70 minutes for my jab at the same venue last Monday. And those queues are due to people with appointment times confirmed by letter, not walk-ups.

Also seems they've run out of vaccines for the over 65s.

WTF is going on with the planning at this venue??

29 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

There's a big difference between fucking up, admitting the mistake/resigning or being suspended from the party and making blanket denials, attacking your accusers and getting the servile press to line up like little church mice in No.10's garden to be told nonsense about eye tests. 

As expected, SNP make mistakes it’s fine, others don’t it’s a disgrace and heads should roll.

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

As expected, SNP make mistakes it’s fine, others don’t it’s a disgrace and heads should roll.

As expected, you ignore the fact that heads have rolled. Calderwood was binned, Ferrier has been suspended and will no doubt face a recall petition when she is found guilty of whatever it is she's been charged with. 

When Nicola forgot her mask for a moment she apologised. When Boris does it every week he just ignores the criticism and lies.

If you can't see the differences in showing leadership and taking responsibility here, I can't help you. 

32 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Two-hour long wait outside Partick Burgh Hall for vaccination today. Not for the first time this week, either. Waited 70 minutes for my jab at the same venue last Monday. And those queues are due to people with appointment times confirmed by letter, not walk-ups.

I once went to a party at Partick Burgh Hall, and they had run out of booze by half past 8.

I presume the same people are still in charge of ordering the stock.

33 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Forgive me if im incorrect, but this reads to me like you go about Partick trying to get vaccinated several times a week? Im all for being protected and feel very strongly people should be vaccinated, however from that post its 3 vaccines in a week or so, you have a pfizer problem don’t you? 

40 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

These centrally planned big city arrangements seem to be where they're falling down. I just get an appointment directly with my local surgery and have never had to wait more than a couple of minutes. The times are right down to the minute, like 15.38, and we're told not to arrive early. Heard stories about people in remote areas of the Highlands having a much worse time of it though so it's not all perfect up here.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, Wee Bully said:

1. Breaking the rules back in March 2020 (so within the first fortnight of the first lockdown, when no-one knew what was going to happen)

2. Calling it a “Shan respiritory infection” and a “nothing virus”

3. No concern at all for other people dying - they appear to be old anyway, so fair game

In the past 24 hours, you have managed to prove you don’t give a f**k about anyone apart from yourself, and never have,.  This isn’t some development where as time has gone on you’ve decided that the restrictions don’t make sense, or that we finally have to get on with our lives (I have some respect, nay sympathy for that view).  You didn’t care what happened to other people right back at the start.  

What an odious c**t you are.  

OYF.

54 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

You must have expected jags failure in Partick?

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

What about the act of piling people into care homes in Scotland which resulted in a huge percentage of unnecessary covid deaths in the country.

Who resigned or was sacked over that?

I remember the good old days when you proclaimed from on high "you were done with all this" and for a brief, tantalising moment the hope was there that you were for once being sincere. How sad, for everyone you were not. 

This is a conversation about covid rules not discharge policy you have waded into. I hope that helps but, judging from past experience I very much doubt that it will and you will continue to conflate issues, misrepresent information, misrepresent past events because deep down there's something quite, quite wrong with you.

FWIW I think the advice to discharge untested people into care homes was a total disgrace, along with DNRs for the disabled and other aberrations. How we got to that position and how that advice was arrived at is for the public enquiry. Not bampots wanting to make false comparisons for internet points and the adulation of strangers.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I remember the good old days when the likes of Michie were trying to persuade us all (with straight faces) that covid travelled almost exclusively on large droplets only and that's why masks were needed.

Now she's accepting it's the airborne nanoparticles (which come out the sides of the masks and through the material) too.

Progress I suppose.

These people never admit they were wrong all along. Over time, they just change their messaging subtly and hope nobody notices.

Scientists never admit they were wrong. It’s always “the data has evolved”.