Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

OK mate.  Whatever gets you through the night.

Old people dying of natural causes doesn't keep me up at night, no.

8 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

While high profile examples have undoubtedly been corrosive to compliance levels and public trust, particularly those neither acknowledged or punished, "but other people broke the rules" is a famously ineffective defence and an even worse excuse.

I'd have thought those who constantly whine about being spoken down to like children would avoid "but whit aboot them" type arguments to justify or validate their own non-compliance, like the *ahem* plague.

I was breaking rules way back in March and April 2020, champ. greggy.png

While high profile examples have undoubtedly been corrosive to compliance levels and public trust, particularly those neither acknowledged or punished, "but other people broke the rules" is a famously ineffective defence and an even worse excuse.
I'd have thought those who constantly whine about being spoken down to like children would avoid "but whit aboot them" type arguments to justify or validate their own non-compliance, like the *ahem* plague.

It's an entirely different story when it's the people making the rules that break them.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

It's an entirely different story when it's the people making the rules that break them.

Of course it is, which is what I meant by high profile examples being corrosive. Everyone makes mistakes, there have been understandable lapses but it's more the lack of acknowledgement of some of these that has done the most damage.

This was really in reference to the attempted lynching of Welshbairn by the freedom mob. 

govt nervtag Expert halfwit reports from his mental asylum.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/scientist-not-safe-christmas-party-6296757

no amount of jabs and restrictions will be enough, stop playing the game ffs

“Personally, I wouldn’t feel safe going to a party at the moment, if it involves being indoors in an enclosed space where you’re close to other people, and people are not wearing masks.

“Even if they’ve been tested and vaccinated, I wouldn’t feel safe.”

It's almost like the human immune system and vaccines work the same for this shan respiratory infection as they do all others once exposed to it.

Posted at 8:58

Sign boosters work against Omicron - UK expert

31284917-c2ae-43a2-8f1a-5836605ac924.jpg

BBC Breakfast

7efccee5-6f1f-4586-9fac-447f40c1afa2.png
Copyright: BBC

Following on from news of the UK booster study, the trial's chief investigator has told the BBC there are encouraging signs that existing booster vaccines will still offer protection against serious illness and death from the Omicron variant.

Prof Saul Faust, who led the trial at University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust, tells BBC Breakfast that while the UK’s vaccines have not been tested against Omicron yet, the results suggest the memory response of the body and its ability to respond to future infection “doesn’t seem to be as dependent on the variant”.

He adds that he hopes boosters will give “broad protection against multiple variants”.

image.gif

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Would expect no less from someone who sucks infofarts out of Piers Corbyns trousers, chum(p).

Imagine actually being as thick as you.

28 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

These graphs that he quotes put it most starkly for the layman (me), especially the third one. Early days though, maybe it will burn itself out(layman talk).

FFnyEVIWYA0mR4v?format=jpg&name=4096x409

And yet:

Posted at 8:21

WHO rep: Early days on Omicron impact in South Africa

31284917-c2ae-43a2-8f1a-5836605ac924.jpg

BBC Breakfast

image.gif.2592b33a3b9b90aaf9addd7db374a1a4.gif1cf356d0-3a4b-4d72-8bd2-af73a789c237.png
Copyright: BBC

While cases are rising rapidly in the South African province where the Omicron variant was first identified, hospital admissions are not yet increasing at the same rate - according to the World Health Organization’s representative in South Africa.

In the last 24 hours, South Africa has recorded 11,500 new Covid cases – a sharp rise on the 8,500 cases recorded the previous day.

Dr Owen Kaluwa tells BBC Breakfast the majority of new cases are in the Gauteng province, which has seen a rapid increase. Other provinces have also seen increases but not at the same rate.

He says hospital admissions remain fairly low “but it’s early days” and experts will have a better idea of the impact of the variant on serious illness in the next couple of weeks.

20 minutes ago, Glennie said:

govt nervtag Expert halfwit reports from his mental asylum.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/scientist-not-safe-christmas-party-6296757

no amount of jabs and restrictions will be enough, stop playing the game ffs

“Personally, I wouldn’t feel safe going to a party at the moment, if it involves being indoors in an enclosed space where you’re close to other people, and people are not wearing masks.

“Even if they’ve been tested and vaccinated, I wouldn’t feel safe.”

Knew it would be that utter wet wipe before I even opened it. I'm sure he's a right normal social animal, right enough.

6 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Just because you want something to be true doesn't actually make it so, bud.

1. Breaking the rules back in March 2020 (so within the first fortnight of the first lockdown, when no-one knew what was going to happen)

2. Calling it a “Shan respiritory infection” and a “nothing virus”

3. No concern at all for other people dying - they appear to be old anyway, so fair game

In the past 24 hours, you have managed to prove you don’t give a f**k about anyone apart from yourself, and never have,.  This isn’t some development where as time has gone on you’ve decided that the restrictions don’t make sense, or that we finally have to get on with our lives (I have some respect, nay sympathy for that view).  You didn’t care what happened to other people right back at the start.  

What an odious c**t you are.  

Seeing online that Labour have cancelled their Christmas party.
Laughably petty politics. Of course no Labour MP will go to any other large Christmas party, cause it’s definitely not a virtue signalling decision…

Damned if they do and damned if they don’t.
They are useless though and have been throughout this pandemic.

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Of course it is, which is what I meant by high profile examples being corrosive. Everyone makes mistakes, there have been understandable lapses but it's more the lack of acknowledgement of some of these that has done the most damage.

This was really in reference to the attempted lynching of Welshbairn by the freedom mob. 

These will have been the lapses made by Sturgeon/SNP members.

The unacceptable ones are by the Tories.

7 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

These will have been the lapses made by Sturgeon/SNP members.

The unacceptable ones are by the Tories.

There's a big difference between fucking up, admitting the mistake/resigning or being suspended from the party and making blanket denials, attacking your accusers and getting the servile press to line up like little church mice in No.10's garden to be told nonsense about eye tests.