Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Welshy in goalpost shifting shocker.

An utter mess of a simp.

For what it's worth I'm against vaccine passports because I don't think they're either effective or worthwhile when we have more than 80% uptake. I just don't think we should design public health policy around people who think Bill Gates is trying to implant microchips on them so he can follow them around.

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

For what it's worth I'm against vaccine passports because I don't think they're necessary when we have more than 80% coverage. I just don't think we should design public health policy around people who think Bill Gates is trying to implant microchips on them so he can follow them around.

Not everyone who will opt not to have a third / fourth / fifth vaccine will belong to this category, though.

Not everyone who will opt not to have a third / fourth / fifth vaccine will belong to this category, though.
In PRECISELY the same way, with absolutely no difference whatsoever, that my own never having had a flu jag has never been called into question as making me somehow selfish or anti vaxx.

2 minutes ago, Glennie said:

"normalize masking babies"

demon

anyone still going along with covid hysteria needs sectioning

"Wearing masks is fun" is ridiculous patter.

Even those who tolerate wearing them because they believe they work cannot possibly find them "fun"

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

In PRECISELY the same way, with absolutely no difference whatsoever, that my own never having had a flu jag has never been called into question as making me somehow selfish or anti vaxx.

It's just such a poor and lazy argument.

Just now, superbigal said:

53,945 UK cases reported today.  Leave Todd to advise if that is correct or wrong or up or down.  Simply looks like a big number for now. I "believe" it is the highest since 18th October.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/cases

Are these today's figures or 3 days ago's figures? Can never really tell which "today" you have chosen these days.

Just now, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
It's just such a poor and lazy argument.

Its deliberate IMO. As has ever been the case with covid, its always been the retort of any form of questioning to infer anti vaxx type ideas.

Spot on. The "go to" retort for either those who simply parrot what their favourite politician tells them without any thought, or those who don't want to admit they hold ridiculous views they know will retrospectively paint them in poor light.

34 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Good point. Instead of the LFT he also has the vaccination option to relieve him of being EXCLUDED FROM SOCIETY.

just hon ower yer mind an boady tae the state tae get permishun tae dae hings but

😂

Edited by Glennie

Ok, I know no-one will know the answer to this but after a frustrating 5 hours going round the houses, I'm looking for an opinion from the P&B massive:

I tested positive with a symptoms start date of 21 November. I exited self isolation after 30 November. A longstanding commitment, we are due to fly to Fuerteventura on 4 December (13 days after my symptoms started).

Filling out the Spain Health form to get the QR code for entry through immigration it asks about your previous 14 day covid history. Me, being an honest soul, 'fess up to being covid positive in the previous 14-day period and declare the wife and offspring as having been similarly in close contact with a covid positive person.

Spain Health then generates the QR codes but on the accompanying email it states - 'Based on your answers, we advise you not to travel...', (their bold, not mine).

My Jet 2 Travel Insurance allows me to cancel if there's a positive covid test within 14 days of departure (remember, I'm at Day -13). Gets me just about all my money back.

Having been round every imaginable agency today, no-one has yet said whether we can travel, whether anyone will take the blindest bit of notice at immigration or if we're doomed to having flashing red lights the minute we arrive, only to be huckled into a darkened isolation cell to wait the next available flight back to the UK. By which point we'll have spunked our flight and accommodation money with no recourse.

What would P&B do?

2 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Ok, I know no-one will know the answer to this but after a frustrating 5 hours going round the houses, I'm looking for an opinion from the P&B massive:

I tested positive with a symptoms start date of 21 November. I exited self isolation after 30 November. A longstanding commitment, we are due to fly to Fuerteventura on 4 December (13 days after my symptoms started).

Filling out the Spain Health form to get the QR code for entry through immigration it asks about your previous 14 day covid history. Me, being an honest soul, 'fess up to being covid positive in the previous 14-day period and declare the wife and offspring as having been similarly in close contact with a covid positive person.

Spain Health then generates the QR codes but on the accompanying email it states - 'Based on your answers, we advise you not to travel...', (their bold, not mine).

My Jet 2 Travel Insurance allows me to cancel if there's a positive covid test within 14 days of departure (remember, I'm at Day -13). Gets me just about all my money back.

Having been round every imaginable agency today, no-one has yet said whether we can travel, whether anyone will take the blindest bit of notice at immigration or if we're doomed to having flashing red lights the minute we arrive, only to be huckled into a darkened isolation cell to wait the next available flight back to the UK. By which point we'll have spunked our flight and accommodation money with no recourse.

What would P&B do?

my advice to you is to start drinking heavily - Bluto animal house1 | Meme  Generator

What would P&B do?
They've only advised not to travel. If it was going to be an issue I'd have thought you'd be refused entry and not given a QR code?

Like everything else, I don't imagine they'll be too vigorous in checking the codes. I'd still go for it.

18 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

What would P&B do?

This is definitely one for welshbairn.

I wish you every success.

20 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

What would P&B do?

If you miss your flight do you get to go on the flight the day after?

3 hours ago, Detournement said:

He means everyone. 

Basically the current situation every year. 

Regardless, folk will stop bothering their arse once it's clear the threat has well and truly abated.

3 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

3,002 new cases of COVID-19 reported

42,819 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

7.4% of these were positive

27 new reported deaths of people who have tested positive

48 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (was 63 one month ago)

680 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (was 939 one month ago)

4,349,058 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 3,953,170 have received their second dose, and 1,755,694 have received a third dose or booster

Smoking down south as well.

2 hours ago, virginton said:

Some medics have already started shifting the goalposts to 'the pressure of administering extra vaccines'. 

It's almost like they can't be arsed to do the job the public spends a fortune on.

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Insane -

Is this the one Welshy said it was perfectly ok to round up and ship people who tested positive off to, on the basis that internationals travellers were also going there, and they knew what they were getting themselves into?

Great look for him image.png.a96ca3a39252e2c9d87f27f488116742.png

What would P&B do?
I'm in Fuerteventura right now, the Spanish PLF was checked and the QR code scanned on entry. You need to do another PLF and answer the Q no or cancel. Fuerteventura going to L3 restrictions on Monday it was announced today, second tightening since we arrived mid November.