Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Beautiful moment outside the away end at Parkhead this afternoon. Asked to show my papers and naturally the fucking app didn’t load up properly and said my status was no longer valid.

Cue a 15 second silent stare off between me and the turnstile clown while I shrugged and said turnstile clown just stared at me, after which I walked through and that was that.

How much does this particular piece of theatre cost again?

1 hour ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

Unlike yourself, I am not an authority on the subject, but what the guy wrote seems to be the opposite of sociopathic behaviour.

I think someone being okay with legally mandated face masks for the next decade can safely be classed as having antisocial tendencies, particularly as an attempt to point score against those who rationally believe they should be gone.

7 hours ago, anotherchance said:

Beautiful moment outside the away end at Parkhead this afternoon. Asked to show my papers and naturally the fucking app didn’t load up properly and said my status was no longer valid.

Cue a 15 second silent stare off between me and the turnstile clown while I shrugged and said turnstile clown just stared at me, after which I walked through and that was that.

Same thing happened to me. Told her I would get my backup paper copy out but she seemed more interested in adding to her tally and just waved me through.

4 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Grown adults greetin’ about their Christmas being ruined. OFTW patter that.

Whether it’s Christmas or any other event, no one should be in a position whereby they fear their life being restricted in any way.

That some mentally vulnerable people (and others) may be at all concerned this could happen is a disgrace.

30 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

who had lanarkshire in the sweep?

Thought this was a given.

Eta: local lockdown incoming (and 8 games per month for Motherwell, Accies, Airdrie etc in the new year)

Edited by Hedgecutter

9 hours ago, anotherchance said:

Yes, the turnstyle operator is *definitely* the person who came up with this policy and deserves to be called a clown for the app not working!

9 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

Probably that and close contacts of Omicron cases have to self isolate despite their vaccination status is what I’m fearing.

If that is the case then it would pretty much negate a major reason why people get vaccinated. 

Anyway I'm expecting that we'll fumble about with something daft that takes us a wee bit clear of England again. Mandated gloves in pubs and a ban on background music in restaurants or something.