Coronavirus (COVID-19)

ICTChris

When the quarantine first started, I had a serious panic attack.
   I disinfected everything around me and wiped down every pen.
I was very afraid of contracting the corona from someone else.
  That's long gone, but I'm very afraid of getting vaccinated, I think different people can have different side effects, and I'm afraid we still know too little about what will happen to us 2, 3, 5 years after the vaccination.
   My mom had complications and was prescribed antibiotics by our family doctor, a distant relative of ours advised a website medical brand names , where you can buy them at an affordable price.
 My mom got them injected and all ended well.
 But I am very afraid of possible complications, to the same I'm afraid of infertility after vaccination.
All of my relatives have already been vaccinated, and even my boyfriend has been vaccinated, but I'm still not ready.

Edited by Tumnaal

1 minute ago, Tumnaal said:

When quarantine first started, I had a serious panic attack.
I had a huge fear of contracting corona from someone else.
  This has long gone away, but I am very afraid of getting vaccinated, I think different people can have different side effects, and I am afraid that we still know too little about what will happen to us after 2, 3, 5 years after the vaccines.
  It scares me a lot and I'm also afraid of being infertile after the vaccine.

Spend 5 minutes with my 3 year old in the middle of a tantrum and you’ll never feel scared about infertility again.

3 minutes ago, Tumnaal said:

This has long gone away, but I am very afraid of getting vaccinated, I think different people can have different side effects, and I am afraid that we still know too little about what will happen to us after 2, 3, 5 years after the vaccines.

Russell Westbrook Reaction GIF by NBA

6 minutes ago, Tumnaal said:

You’re never getting a bird acting like that anyway mate.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I give up.

Honestly I think that's for the best.

You're making a fool of yourself again.

It's almost as though you deliberately want to misinterpret that official government statement.

Either that or you don't understand how modern day politics works.

4 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

No announcement at all would have been better than this shambles.

I don't personally have an issue with politicisation but you pick your battles.

This is one they surely can't win.

They feel empowered by the public strongly backing virtually everything they have done so far.

That's why Swinney publicly creamed his pants with excitement a few weeks back when he talked about wanting to keep some emergency powers permanent. He honestly thinks he's going to be handed a whole series of life changing powers by public demand. And maybe he'll get them.

The old adage is true. If you allow them an inch, they'll steal a yard.

This time it's not anti-vax nutters who are the target. It's ordinary joe.

You have to wonder at what point the public will dump them like they did with Labour.

Edited by oaksoft

I'm beginning to wonder if the SG know full well the game is up with covid and that there's literally nothing we can do now except vaccinate and live with it.

Problem is that they can't admit that because they'll be tarred with the same brush they used themselves on the Tories for doing the same thing.

So they're trapped having to enforce a series of crap they know makes not a jot of difference.

Lockdowns, curfews, no vertical drinking, masking up for milk, obsessive testing, pcr tests for passengers, hand sanitiser everywhere and now vaccine passports, you name it, they've tried it.

Don't get me wrong. There's a case for saying it was reasonable to try some of those initiatives out like lockdowns but not acknowledging that real world evidence on our own doorstep tells them they are wrong is unforgiveable.

And all because they started an infantile "moral high ground war" against the Tories.

It beggars belief the general public is just sagely nodding along to this shite and ignoring the fact that we are the plague capital of the world.

The only reason we have any freedom at all is because the Tories are forcing the pace and the Tories are being pushed to this by the hard right wing 1922 committee. That's worth thinking about. We're having to be grateful to the hardest right wingers in the country for fighting restrictions on our behalf. They are the only people in the UK doing any actual leading. That is a shocking state to get ourselves into.

I have no idea what Sturgeon is doing here but she is not leading by any description of that word.

Right. That's my rant over. Bed time.

Edited by oaksoft

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

They feel empowered by the public strongly backing virtually everything they have done so far.

That's why Swinney publicly creamed his pants with excitement a few weeks back when he talked about wanting to keep some emergency powers permanent. He honestly thinks he's going to be handed a whole series of life changing powers by public demand. And maybe he'll get them.

The old adage is true. If you allow them an inch, they'll steal a yard.

This time it's not anti-vax nutters who are the target. It's ordinary joe.

You have to wonder at what point the public will dump them like they did with Labour.

Unfortunately, the SNP's poll lead has little to do with their quality of governance and everything to do with NS dangling a jam tomorrow referendum in front of a certain section of the population. Paradoxically, we can only stop them keeping emergency powers if we vote for independence. 

My work have the brilliant and sensible rule that if anyone on the site tests positive for Covid, we all have to leave the site, book a PCR test and not return until we have confirmation of a negative test. I was in the position last week where I received a message from my manager saying one of the project managers had tested positive and we all had to get off site etc., even though I haven’t seen this particular guy in months, and have never set foot in the office he used. As a contractor who doesn’t get paid if I’m not at work, you can imagine I wasn’t exactly over the moon about that. I have tried to explain that even the government guidelines don’t require me to go through that nonsensical process but I would be better off talking to the moon. 

I should add the guy who runs this job and came up with this policy is also a contractor who’s on about £1200 a day, so I don’t imagine a couple of days in the house hurts him in the pocket too much. For the rest of us it’s a bit of a hit only taking home half a weeks wage because some brain donor decided to come in to work whilst showing some of the symptoms of Covid. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

Went to Ayr races yesterday and that's the strictest enforcement of rules I've seen at ANY venue never mind sport. Zones round every indoor bar, no mask no service each zone being stringently policed by two stewards then Ayr station no mask no train with about a dozen Police with dogs patrolling and BTP on the actual train enforcing mask and drink rules. Very surprised given how much more relaxed things have been elsewhere recently.

what a load of shite keeping the tests for travel, I dont see any logic and facts to back that up as needed. Seems like its just been done to try and avoid looking like all they do is follow what westminster does but usually 2 or 3 weeks later

11 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

People will just travel to Scotland via the North of England airports and there's nothing to stop them.

Not true. NS stopped people travelling to and from Manchester a while ago and I think everyone agreed that it was an unqualified success. Really minimised the case numbers here. 

1 minute ago, BigDoddyKane said:

what a load of shite keeping the tests for travel, I dont see any logic and facts to back that up as needed. Seems like its just been done to try and avoid looking like all they do is follow what westminster does but usually 2 or 3 weeks later

It's 3rd rate childish politics.   She can do a u turn in 72 hours saying no choice due to England's decision and if anything does go wrong can then point a finger of blame at them.

It's pathetic and has again damaged our travel industry but hey as long as they look like they care more who gives a f**k about people's businesses etc.

They need to grow up.

3 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

It's 3rd rate childish politics.   She can do a u turn in 72 hours saying no choice due to England's decision and if anything does go wrong can then point a finger of blame at them.

It's pathetic and has again damaged our travel industry but hey as long as they look like they care more who gives a f**k about people's businesses etc.

They need to grow up.

The wee frees of safety theatre. 

Linda Bauld (chair of the oldest and most prestigious public health professorship in the UK): "it is too early to ditch pcr screening tests for people entering the UK and from a public health perspective poses a significant risk"

Thank goodness we've got some travel agents and an airport manager to tell her she's wrong because reasons. 

Linda Bauld going the full hog on the 'We care more' narrative on the news earlier.

'We are keeping the PCR tests in as we are maintaining our responsibility to genome sequence potential variants for not only the good of Scotland, but the UK and The World.'

How noble....🙄

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Linda Bauld (chair of the oldest and most prestigious public health professorship in the UK): "it is too early to ditch pcr screening tests for people entering the UK and from a public health perspective poses a significant risk"

Thank goodness we've got some travel agents and an airport manager to tell her she's wrong because reasons. 

And the rest of the UK - and indeed the majority of the rest of the EU who are also seemingly not pushing PCR tests upon their citizens' returns as a requirement.