Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

This is one of the (many) ridiculous and hilarious moonhowler 'facts' in this thread. That everyone who supports the SNP supports their approach to Covid restrictions. 

I've plenty of mates who are SNP voters who do not agree with any of the Scottish government's actions in regards to continuing restrictions. Equally, I know people who are died in the wool Unionists but who want further restrictions, or are at the very least in agreement with the SG's approach. 

I'm sure that I'm not alone in that. 

I know NO-ONE who's opinion on Covid measures is governed and dictated to by the political party that they vote for. 

The only people who seem to be making this a constant political issue are a few batshit mental ranters on here. 

Probably a fair few vote SNP because they see them as the only route to independence. Me included. Will probably continue to vote for them, but been put off recently because of some of the illogical stuff around Covid. Doubt the other parties would have done anything different. Probably won't bother voting at all. Fuvk knows. Bah. 😄

4 hours ago, superbigal said:

We have now sat without any real problems with an infection rate varying from 320 to 450 per 100k for many weeks now.
For want of a saying we have finally got of the elevator albeit on the 4th floor.
Therefore no reason to make any changes.

In Europe all these countries were below 100 and in many cases 50 for a long time. Their accelerated infection rates up to close to 1000 in the case of Austria, and still rising must have huge impact.
That coupled with much lower vaccine uptake etc etc.

Yes, Europe absolutely fucked it by delaying their exit wave and opening up until winter. The UK by contrast, particularly in England, have had six months of Delta spread (four post no restrictions) combined with high vaccination rates (and more effective dosing schedule), meaning much higher levels of immunity in the population than anywhere on the continent. We are in a far better place.

3 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

These absolutely vile toads are seriously trying to push this false dichotomy? Absolutely astonishing stuff. Has anyone in our big brains media asked them how they propose to err... fund this 'lockdown', if it were to happen? What a bunch of utterly risible clowns.

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

This is an interesting post, and it took me a while to realise what you meant. 

Am I correct in stating that in your mind, anyone on here who disagrees with your absolutism and has a record of voting SNP, is blinkered by political bias ? That none of us have a mind of our own, and that every argument made that disagrees with yours is only because we vote SNP ?

Can you not see how utterly ridiculous that is ?

Do you absolutely refuse to accept that in the minds of the vast majority of Scots, our opinion on covid restrictions (or the lack of) is far more nuanced than that, and has nothing to do with politics at all ? 

Why did it get to the point that in your mind, everything is absolute and fundamentally black and white, whereas.....and we're talking worldwide here....that obviously isn't the case ? 

^^^ word salad

Edited by Elixir

It isn’t political because there are people who normally vote SNP who are not happy with the restrictions (just as there are unionists who support them).

Unfortunately there's a small number who will agree with everything the Scottish Government does without question - Parp being the worst - he's just a fucking cultist.

13 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It isn’t political because there are people who normally vote SNP who are not happy with the restrictions (just as there are unionists who support them).

Unfortunately there's a small number who will agree with everything the Scottish Government does without question - Parp being the worst - he's just a fucking cultist.

But when NS uses phrases like "reckless toaries" as an argument when discussing the imposition or relaxation of restrictions in Scotland then it becomes political regardless of who regualarly votes for who.

But when NS uses phrases like "reckless toaries" as an argument when discussing the imposition or relaxation of restrictions in Scotland then it becomes political regardless of who regualarly votes for who.
Sorry I'm not being clear.

I mean those of us here who have positions on Covid.

We don't do it out of any party political stance bar the few cultists.

14 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Sorry I'm not being clear.

I mean those of us here who have positions on Covid.

We don't do it out of any party political stance bar the few cultists.

👍 I'll be first in the queue to tick the yes box. How we get the chance to tick the yes box is a bit troubling at the moment.

36 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Are we certain that those riots are against Covid, and not just because Feyenoord are shit at the moment?

Joking aside, they are 2 points off the top of the league (with a game in hand) and top of their Conference League group.

Hardly shit.

I find graphs like this a great visual tool which show that increased mitigations are simply not necessary.

Yes there are peaks (some particularly large ones too), however these are always self limiting, and once they go down they don't come back up. 

Glasgow City up here is a great example of this too.

When you dive deeper into these peaks you almost always see that the main age group driving the peak is school children.

I find it absolutely astonishing that this is not used as the main advert for vaccine effectiveness, rather than allowing a combination of 'scary' contextless figures and inane ramblings of 'experts' and bald, specky tubes to fuel "tEh VacViNeS dOn'T wOrK" chat and that we need to do something to "protect the NHS"

The public should not have to go looking for this type of information. It should be communicated clearly.

20211120_080009.jpg

I find graphs like this a great visual tool which show that increased mitigations are simply not necessary.
Yes there are peaks (some particularly large ones too), however these are always self limiting, and once they go down they don't come back up. 
Glasgow City up here is a great example of this too.
When you dive deeper into these peaks you almost always see that the main age group driving the peak is school children.
I find it absolutely astonishing that this is not used as the main advert for vaccine effectiveness, rather than allowing a combination of 'scary' contextless figures and inane ramblings of 'experts' and bald, specky tubes to fuel "tEh VacViNeS dOn'T wOrK" chat and that we need to do something to "protect the NHS"
The public should not have to go looking for this type of information. It should be communicated clearly.
20211120_080009.thumb.jpg.dff5a14f05a37b9cc797e59d8a8190ab.jpg
We know you like graphs ... [emoji16]

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Joking aside, they are 2 points off the top of the league (with a game in hand) and top of their Conference League group.

Hardly shit.

Yeah, they are actually not too bad so far this year. Seen them early doors when they hammered Luzern in the Conference qualifiers and it was hard to tell if Luzern were terrible or Feyenoord were quite good. Seems to be more of the latter on their performances since.

40 minutes ago, strichener said:

Yeah but they are no Clydebank are they?

When Feyenoord win away at Elgin with me having lumped a wad on at 17/2, they still won’t come close to being Clydebank.

Guest Bob Mahelp
9 hours ago, Elixir said:

Yes, Europe absolutely fucked it by delaying their exit wave and opening up until winter. The UK by contrast, particularly in England, have had six months of Delta spread (four post no restrictions) combined with high vaccination rates (and more effective dosing schedule), meaning much higher levels of immunity in the population than anywhere on the continent. We are in a far better place.

These absolutely vile toads are seriously trying to push this false dichotomy? Absolutely astonishing stuff. Has anyone in our big brains media asked them how they propose to err... fund this 'lockdown', if it were to happen? What a bunch of utterly risible clowns.

^^^ word salad

Bud, every single time you post you sound like an unhinged lunatic. You're making a fool out of yourself, and I can pretty much guarantee that a handful of nutcase moonhowlers aside, you're being laughed at by everyone on here. 

Now, why don't you try answering my question ? Are you so blinded by your belief that you, and only you, can be correct, that you actually believe that everyone who disagrees with you does so because of political affilitation ?

Guest Bob Mahelp
10 hours ago, oaksoft said:

How is it humanly possible for one person to so spectacularly misunderstand another posters post?

I'd suggest going back and re-reading Elixir's post again but I'd be wasting my time.

I honestly believed that I had right wing bigots and homophobes like yourself on ignore, so I didn't have to read your garbage. 

That's been put right now. 

When I got my first Astra Zeneca jab, felt nothing, zero. Wondered what the fuss was about with folk saying they were knocked for six. After my second Astra Zeneca jab, felt like Billy Abercromby had booted me black and blue down the entire side of my body the jag had been administered to. Yesterday, got the Pfizer booster in my left arm, flu jab in my right. After a dreadful night’s sleep, once more, feel like I’ve been hit with blunt instruments down my left side. It’ll pass after thirty six hours or so, but it’s puzzling me as to why I felt absolutely fine after jab 1, but subsequently, feel like shite.

Over to P&B’s medical experts (moonhowlers and simps welcome to contribute too).