Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

All the leaks, along with hospitalisations and deaths falling or at least stabilising, would suggest that neither is about to happen.

29 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

The vaccine passport is all they have left without furlough so you better fucking believe they are using it.

Edited by Abdul_Latif

1 minute ago, Abdul_Latif said:

The vaccine passport is all they I’ve left without furlough so you better fucking believe they are using it.

Bookmarked as you said but I don't see why they would with hospitalisations and deaths lower now than September or October, and case rates steady and much lower than August. 

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Bookmarked as you said but I don't see why they would with hospitalisations and deaths lower now than September or October, and case rates steady and much lower than August. 

Because they're fantastically reactionary and all those restrictions in Europe will have them thinking we must be seen to so something.

Never mind that it's not needed and is ineffective, it's to show they're doing something.

Deputy First Minister John Swinney said: "With cases rising gradually and pressures on our NHS, our approach is to keep people safe and get through a challenging winter without having to re-introduce any restrictions.

"Our vaccine certification scheme is working well, with venues and events affected continuing to operate and more than 1.5 million downloads of the NHS Covid status app so far.

:lol: 

You cannot mark this c**t's neck with a blowtorch. "Working well" having previously said there's no evidence it's working. 

IMG_20210804_140528.jpg

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

All the leaks, along with hospitalisations and deaths falling or at least stabilising, would suggest that neither is about to happen.

This cannot be a serious viewpoint?

Even if you are ultimately correct and neither happens, it is complete nonsense to suggest that the leaks have not been funneling towards vaccine passports being extended.

The lockdown option hasn't been mentioned until now, and is clearly there only to make vaccine passports seem like a nice, palatable option, rather than completely unnecessary like they are.

@Tynie Trotwood hits the nail on the head. With Europe adding restrictions left right and centre, the SNP simply can't allow themselves to be seen to do nothing. And, with cases already on the way down again, time is running out for them.

Edited by Todd_is_God

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

With Europe adding restrictions left right and centre, the SNP simply can't allow themselves to be seen to do nothing.

Their case rates are shooting up and Germany is having to ship patients abroad. Ours aren't, we've been through it and come out the other side. Everyone on here was saying it would happen last Tuesday, it didn't and the numbers haven't changed. I'd be amazed if anything changes this Tuesday.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Their case rates are shooting up and Germany is having to ship patients abroad. Ours aren't, we've been through it and come out the other side. Everyone on here was saying it would happen last Tuesday, it didn't and the numbers haven't changed. I'd be amazed if anything changes this Tuesday.

I will be more than happy to be wrong, but I've watched the SG fumble through this pandemic enough to know they can't just sit back and do nothing when others have tighter measures in place.

That article is pretty clear to me - it's either vaccine passports or lockdown type restrictions like distancing / capacity limits etc. And we know the latter isn't happening.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He won’t stop being a baldy speccy tube on Tuesday.

Oops.  Just realised you’re talking about something else.

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 hours ago, Elixir said:

Most of these posters have literal records of posts supporting the SNP, which date back to the time of the referendum - myself included. That must be a hard one to square for yourself.

This is an interesting post, and it took me a while to realise what you meant. 

Am I correct in stating that in your mind, anyone on here who disagrees with your absolutism and has a record of voting SNP, is blinkered by political bias ? That none of us have a mind of our own, and that every argument made that disagrees with yours is only because we vote SNP ?

Can you not see how utterly ridiculous that is ?

Do you absolutely refuse to accept that in the minds of the vast majority of Scots, our opinion on covid restrictions (or the lack of) is far more nuanced than that, and has nothing to do with politics at all ? 

Why did it get to the point that in your mind, everything is absolute and fundamentally black and white, whereas.....and we're talking worldwide here....that obviously isn't the case ? 

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I think our policy was to let Delta run its course in the summer with few restrictions by European standards, and hopefully it would be declining or steadying by the winter. It was a good gamble, we're well ahead of the curve of Europe, but they're hitting their peak at the worst possible time.

Building immunity in the summer is clearly the optimum way to reduce winter deaths but for some reason governments have kept restrictions in place through June and July in 2020 and 2021. 

4 hours ago, Ross. said:

In part it’s still a reaction to the financial crash in 2008. History shows that financial busts generally lead to a swing right politically as protectionism kicks in and people are told it’s all because of some bogeyman or other. All Covid has done is give lightweight facist wannabes a chance to try and swing a bit further than they had hoped they would be able to.

Historically we’d have got a good war out of it, nowadays that’s probably not necessary, but there will be a smattering of good riots and probably a political assassination or two if anyone tries taking things too far.