Coronavirus (COVID-19)

26 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

If she extends vaccine passports to every pub etc then she destroys the hospitality industry. I see absolutely no point in this madness. Why should a pub which has (and relies on) 20/30 regulars having a post work pint or whatever have to employ a bouncer on the door? 

I work in a gold clubhouse. I'm hoping that we can check passport first time they're in of this comes in and not everytime.

Also going to be lovely when we have a funeral tea in and I'm stood in door refusing entry to Senga.

If the rise in cases is being driven by under 20s why target pubs and other such businesses where schoolchildren don't attend. Just the latest example of doing something for the sake of it, totally pointless but potentially damaging harming to businesses. 

10 minutes ago, RH33 said:

I work in a gold clubhouse. I'm hoping that we can check passport first time they're in of this comes in and not everytime.

Also going to be lovely when we have a funeral tea in and I'm stood in door refusing entry to Senga.

This is exactly it, how are you actually expected to enforce this madness? 

Also given the concern is around cases in the young driving numbers up, can anyone please explain why this is the one fucking vaccine for kids which isnt being given in a fucking school if its a pandemic and its so fucking important to have kids over 12 vaccinated? Please someone gonna help me with this? They are constantly tweeting down my way ‘drop in vaccine centre open for over 12’s mon-fri 0900-1600hrs’. Has it not occurred to these fucking idiots that kids are in school at this time and might not make it? 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

We also work alone, so if 6ft2 Davie who's had a few elsewhere kicks off do I just give him a pint or risk a.punch......

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

This is how you slowly get what you want, just a slow gradual increase in restrictions, nobody realises what’s going on and ta-da! objective achieved.

1 minute ago, budmiester1 said:

This is how you slowly get what you want, just a slow gradual increase in restrictions, nobody realises what’s going on and ta-da! objective achieved.

That very much seems to be the way of it. They then heap the pressure on already fucked public sector agencies to enforce and monitor compliance. 

9 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Really unfair on bar staff if they are to be expected to ask for proof of vaccination/negative test before serving a drink - and possibly having to refuse and ask someone to leave. It's been difficult enough with closures, curfews, track and trace, masks, temperature checks (what happened to that?) etc. Now this. Maybe it won't be too bad, but seems a bit rubbish. Hopefully the case numbers will improve in the coming weeks (if that's the object of this) and it won't happen.

2,771 new cases of COVID-19 reported
22,733 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
12.8% of these were positive
17 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive 
57 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
779 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
4,331,574 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,930,317 have received their second dose

Can someone point me to the need to increase restrictions? These numbers are stable.

8 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

2,771 new cases of COVID-19 reported
22,733 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
12.8% of these were positive
17 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive 
57 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
779 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
4,331,574 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,930,317 have received their second dose

Can someone point me to the need to increase restrictions? These numbers are stable.

Yes, I can point you directly towards the need to increase restrictions. It’s needed because the SNP in Holyrood have the power to do it, and are exercising that power because they can, and it makes them look more caring than the fuckers with different coloured rosettes operating out of Westminster. If the SNP can keep this charade going for another two months, they’ll get a home playoff against the Netherlands government.

Edited by pozbaird

11 minutes ago, GTee said:

Really unfair on bar staff if they are to be expected to ask for proof of vaccination/negative test before serving a drink - and possibly having to refuse and ask someone to leave. It's been difficult enough with closures, curfews, track and trace, masks, temperature checks (what happened to that?) etc. Now this. Maybe it won't be too bad, but seems a bit rubbish. Hopefully the case numbers will improve in the coming weeks (if that's the object of this) and it won't happen.

If we just need to check on first visit it should be fine with the members. Could just keep a tick sheet behind bar so we all know.

Functions more difficult and pain in ass.

9 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Yes, I can point you directly towards the need to increase restrictions. It’s needed because the SNP in Holyrood have the power to do it, and are exercising that power because they can…. 

Sorry you are wrong, they are doing it because as pointed out, every other country (Wales, Ireland, Germany Holland and Austria) are doing it.  This obviously means those countries care more, and the Scottish government can't be seen as the bad guys.

It is the proverbial keeping up with the Jones's on a political scale nothing more. as the science left the equation long ago.

Edited by The Stig

6 hours ago, Tynie Trotwood said:

Coming soon an app that notes how many alcoholic drinks you have had per day and limits what you can buy.

Must have been agony for the wee free last night watching those scenes of jubilation and partying.

1984 Olympics 80S GIF

Why must it have been agony?

Home Nations Daily Cases  per 100K update (2 Days)  :  UK Average  354.6 to 376.0 up 6.03%, England  342.3 to 364.2 up 6.40%, Wales 479.1 to 500.8 up 4.53%, Northern Ireland 468.3 to 495.6 up 5.83%

All back on the rise again.  

Lockdown Austria up to 876.  Averaging 11,000 cases a day recently for a population only 45% higher than Scotland.

7 hours ago, Tynie Trotwood said:

Coming soon an app that notes how many alcoholic drinks you have had per day and limits what you can buy.

Must have been agony for the wee free last night watching those scenes of jubilation and partying.

1984 Olympics 80S GIF

1 drink per jag/booster only. 

I'm surprised nobody picked up on Nicola Sturgeon explicitly saying that vaccine passports were, first and foremost, about increasing vaccine uptake which is why proof of negative test is not (currently) acceptable.

It also seems "the opposition will always oppose" is the new "I make no excuses for keeping people safe". It's a disgraceful piece of rhetoric designed to shut down any debate rather than addressing the substance of the points being made.