Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Due to be going to Vienna next week for the Europa League but can see it getting knocked on the head. An utter pain in the arse. 
My wife went to Vienna yesterday, official verdict is that it's not too bad as long as you've got your vaccine passport (and your actual passport) sorted to get into pretty much everything.

28 minutes ago, virginton said:

Those 0-14 rates pointing to the only sector of society where any 'restrictions to save oor NHS/Christmas' should logically be directed.

AKA The Christmas Holidays.

Probably see vaccine passports extended to all hospitality settings over the Festive Period mind, to keep up the illusion that selfish adults (definitely not the kids) are driving the case numbers.

Update expected tomorrow from Sturgeon regarding the possible extension of the vaccine passport laws to cover other indoor areas such as pubs, cafes and cinemas.

Professor Linda Bauld also suggesting that there may be tougher advice to work from home or alternatively to wear a mask all day at work.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-59288384

Bauld and Devi trying to stay relevant, :lol: 

36 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Just a conspiracy theory...

Unless it happens here, then your proclamations about what is definitely planned and/or going to happen here absolutely are just conspiracy theories.

Stating something is going to happen here, getting laughed at for it, then using an example from somewhere else as if to somehow suggest you were right is nonsense, yet you do this constantly.

28 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Unless it happens here, then your proclamations about what is definitely planned and/or going to happen here absolutely are just conspiracy theories.

Stating something is going to happen here, getting laughed at for it, then using an example from somewhere else as if to somehow suggest you were right is nonsense, yet you do this constantly.

You said vaccine passports would never be used here for pubs and restaurants. 

It looks highly likely that Crankie is going to announce that later today. 

22 minutes ago, Detournement said:

You said vaccine passports would never be used here for pubs and restaurants. 

It looks highly likely that Crankie is going to announce that later today. 

Then you can come back later and say told you so.

I also look forward to that being enforced in the majority of boozers / KFC / McDonald's etc...

Edited by Todd_is_God

7 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Update expected tomorrow from Sturgeon regarding the possible extension of the vaccine passport laws to cover other indoor areas such as pubs, cafes and cinemas.

Professor Linda Bauld also suggesting that there may be tougher advice to work from home or alternatively to wear a mask all day at work.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-59288384

Bauld and Devi trying to stay relevant, :lol: 

I don’t see how they can enforce working from home without furlough as it means lots of roles are surplus to requirements.

I know in my office the cleaners, receptionists, facilities managers etc were all furloughed. The local sandwich shop has just taken on new members of staff- this time last year you were lucky if there were 2 customers in at lunchtime.

Even hospitality would be affected as a lot of pubs in business areas are not viable during the week without office workers.

Personally I’ve found being back in the office 3 days a week has been much better for my general well-being and I’m dreading the thought of being stuck in my bedroom again for months. 

Ahead of NS's briefing later I'll leave these here.

Not only are cases no longer rising overall, they aren't rising in any age bracket.

If she says they are, and subsequently uses that as justification for extending the use of vaccine passports, then it would be nice if, just for once, journalists / opposition leaders would call her out for lying.

They won't, though.

Screenshot_20211116-090238_Opera.jpg

Screenshot_20211116-090301_Opera.jpg

Ahead of NS's briefing later I'll leave these here.
Not only are cases no longer rising overall, they aren't rising in any age bracket.
If she says they are, and subsequently uses that as justification for extending the use of vaccine passports, then it would be nice if, just for once, journalists / opposition leaders would call her out for lying.
They won't, though.
Screenshot_20211116-090238_Opera.thumb.jpg.f730fe56bf680bccbb9281231af0c627.jpg
Screenshot_20211116-090301_Opera.thumb.jpg.99f4e0910da7d61fd18df5c49aaa9433.jpg

I do agree with you but it does depend on how you define ‘rising’ cases. Every age group under 65 is higher now than it was 30 days ago, equally they’re all showing signs of levelling off/dropping. It’s all in the spin.

Needless to say any extension of vaccine passports is fucking ludicrous though. Swinney has stated before that a) they don’t know if the scheme helps reduce cases (hint: it doesn’t) and b) that the aim of passports was to encourage vaccine uptake, not to control case numbers. And yet, the option of a negative LFT will be included if reports are accurate.

I suspect the old codgers cheering on vaccine passports for the selfish youngsters at nightclubs will have a different perspective when they can’t get into Greggs for a sausage roll without producing their papers.

3 minutes ago, Paco said:

I do agree with you but it does depend on how you define ‘rising’ cases. Every age group under 65 is higher now than it was 30 days ago, equally they’re all showing signs of levelling off/dropping. It’s all in the spin.

Needless to say any extension of vaccine passports is fucking ludicrous though. Swinney has stated before that a) they don’t know if the scheme helps reduce cases (hint: it doesn’t) and b) that the aim of passports was to encourage vaccine uptake, not to control case numbers. And yet, the option of a negative LFT will be included if reports are accurate.

I suspect the old codgers cheering on vaccine passports for the selfish youngsters at nightclubs will have a different perspective when they can’t get into Greggs for a sausage roll without producing their papers.

Not really. Once they level off the next move is down. That's not spin.

We should not accept any measures introduced to bring cases down when they are about to do so anyway.

The fact that large sections of the public would wave them through, almost with glee because, unlike Boris NS is doing something, is absolutely bizarre to me.

It's got hee-haw to do with England.