Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Really?

I ask, because you're engaging in that yourself. You want others to take medicine against their freely expressed will to make you feel a bit safer. If that's not a definitionof selfishness then I need a new dictionary.

Nobody is coming out of this situation looking good.

The right wing look like mentally ill nutters, the left look like shrieking control freaks, the centre ground won't think for themselves and then there's people like you using every opportunity to turn it into a moral issue (it's not - it's purely medical), neatly ignoring your own blatant selfishness and your own joy at the struggles of others to cope with things.

Nobody is coming out of it looking good at all.

I do think that frontline medical staff should have to take basic precautions like getting vaccinated to mitigate their risk of infecting patients, and having to take time off themselves. However I don't think that mask mandates and vaccine passports are comparable to the genocidal campaigns of Hitler and Pol Pot, so we'll have to agree to disagree.

26 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not remotely as rare as from bad reactions to the vaccine. I really don't get your shift to "I'm all right Jack, f**k everyone else." ; from collective responsibility to Libertarion f**k society, look after yourself.

I don't think so. 

Vaccine deaths were announced at 70ish in April and since then no more figures have been announced. All year mortality figures for people post 2 weeks of their first vaccine until 2 weeks after their second have been multiple times higher than unvaxxed mortality. 

Deaths within 2 weeks of the first vaccine injection are recorded as unvaccinated so we don't have the full picture. 

20211113_093205.jpg

26 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I don't think so. 

Vaccine deaths were announced at 70ish in April and since then no more figures have been announced. All year mortality figures for people post 2 weeks of their first vaccine until 2 weeks after their second have been multiple times higher than unvaxxed mortality. 

Deaths within 2 weeks of the first vaccine injection are recorded as unvaccinated so we don't have the full picture. 

No idea where that data came from, but do you not think that an awful lot of people have been vaccinated and not many haven't might be a factor? Like a cow far away looks smaller, but much bigger close up?

9 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

The CMO commenting on the Dutch lockdown saying he doesn’t think it’ll be the last one in the coming days and weeks.

I’ve supported just about all measures until this point but another lockdown is one I will not abide - that would result in a resignation from the SNP membership.

I mean sticking with masks for the "pure theatre" of it, and introducing the abhorrent vaccine passports wasnt enough for you to already chuck it? 

On 12/11/2021 at 12:04, AsimButtHitsASix said:

It's because whether you, me or anyone else, is at credible risk of harm from the disease we are all credible risk of passing it onto others.

Either the unvaccinated have their participation in society limited to protect others from harm, and they get to make that choice, or those with underlying conditions, who have no choice in the matter, have to decrease their own participation. It's a no brainer for me. Despite making up a small percentage of the population almost two thirds of covid deaths have affected the disabled. I can't fathom why disabled people, older people or people with respiratory issues should be forced to remain at home just because some flump who failed spud science thinks he knows how vaccines work better than scientists. 

absolutely zero surprise to see this red dotted to f**k

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

And in response to the I'm Alright Jack accusation I was out working for 15 months without a vaccine while you were hoarding bog roll and millions of people were getting paid to sit in the house watching TV. Go and f**k yourself. 

Now you complain. Thought you were immortal re Covid and would get no benefit from a vaccine.

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

And in response to the I'm Alright Jack accusation I was out working for 15 months without a vaccine while you were hoarding bog roll and millions of people were getting paid to sit in the house watching TV. Go and f**k yourself. 

dawson-crying.gif.4248c2ccf4336f17c6c74925bdb56aa3.gif

poor you

Edited by Meldrew

15 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

My Moderna booster has floored me. I am now an anti-Vaxxer. Something something DNA alteration, something something Big Pharma.

i know you can't choose, but i was looking into getting Moderna over Pfizer as i know an old fella that got his Pfizer & Flu Jab and ended up in hospital with encephalitis, i maybe just f**k off the whole booster thing.

11 hours ago, Detournement said:

I predicted that Denmark would bring it back. 

If you just work from the assumption that by next winter restrictions will be uniform across the US Empire you won't go far wrong. 

You actually think countries will be deliberately crippling their economies and societies forevermore because of the WEF. Hilarious stuff.

In the real world, once every country reaches the final destination of Covid being truly insignificant, the psycho bed wetters will be put in their place. This winter was always going to be transitional in many places, as I have always stated on here.

52 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Daily Mail has a story saying government plan to scrap free testing and dismantle all Covid infrastructure by March.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10198985/Operation-Rampdown-Codename-revealed-Government-papers-dismantle-key-Covid-measures-year.html

And just like that, England continue to lead the way. I really can't see them introducing any further measures this winter, and as the article states, ministers already consider it to be over. The 1922 Committee and Rees Mogg types in particular clearly want nothing to do with things like masks. Even Boris isn't wearing them in hospital ffs.

Hopefully this cuts off all funding to the Scottish Government for Covid theatre, and though we may have to endure it through the winter, come spring they'll have no option but to finally acquiesce.

12 hours ago, Michael W said:

I'll be astonished if vaccine passports and masks aren't brought back in England at some point this winter. 

I really can't see it, for the above reasons and media reports.

Also, some folk have mentioned talk of the Scottish Government bringing in lockdown measures again - even 'lockdown lite' - but the simple reality is they can't. That's a fact. All they can do is imagine up more theatre.

10 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This is complete nonsense. There are numerous examples of young, “healthy” people who have chosen to be unvaccinated ending up in hospital seriously unwell. Obviously it’s far more likely to go that way if you’re unhealthy or older, but it is blatantly happening to some that aren’t. The vaccines clearly do help at all levels to minimise this.

If there were numerous examples then why did the BBC feel compelled to only tell the story of obese, puffing mess '30 year olds' (looked about 55) who beached themselves near a hospital ward, in order to convince everyone to get vaccinated back in the spring? They clearly missed all the best exhibits for their case!

The reality is that Covid did not pose a statistically significant threat to healthy adults to begin with: that insignificant risk was just completely nullified by vaccination. The reason why restrictions were put in place is because the UK is a country of puffing, boomer fatties, who overload the health service just as they would the port side of a Channel ferry. 

The only rational reason for the entire healthy adult population of a country to get vaccinated for any such illness is to significantly reduce community transmission. Which unfortunately has not turned out to be the case, so when it comes to getting boosters, there is no credible argument for issuing them beyond a handful of vulnerable groups. 

A healthy 35 year old with two doses of a vaccine already really does not need another shot to see them through 2021-22. Send it to Kenya instead.