Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Place we are going in Costa Rica.

I understand that a lot of places are 2 of 2 and to be honest until a couple of days ago that is what Costa Rica were saying but their tourism site has now updated their FAQ to specifically mention the UK and any other country whose government stated a child's vaccine schedule only needs 1 vaccine. They also mention about people who have previously been infected and again say 1 vaccine is fine as well. But it is clear in both cases the proof of vaccine must stated that they are only getting 1 of 1 vaccines which is why I want to understand if that is what the PDF you can get from the Scottish Government says for children as I don't know the answer to that until my daughter is actually at the point she can be vaccinated. 

46 minutes ago, ArmadaleKillie said:

Place we are going in Costa Rica.

I understand that a lot of places are 2 of 2 and to be honest until a couple of days ago that is what Costa Rica were saying but their tourism site has now updated their FAQ to specifically mention the UK and any other country whose government stated a child's vaccine schedule only needs 1 vaccine. They also mention about people who have previously been infected and again say 1 vaccine is fine as well. But it is clear in both cases the proof of vaccine must stated that they are only getting 1 of 1 vaccines which is why I want to understand if that is what the PDF you can get from the Scottish Government says for children as I don't know the answer to that until my daughter is actually at the point she can be vaccinated. 

Sounds like Costa Rica know that UK children only get one vaccine, so I don't think you have anything to worry about. If it doesn't appear on the pdf or app you could always print off the rules from an official UK site as back up, along with the Costa Rican web page you mentioned. Your airline might be helpful for clarification of exactly what you need, they'll have to know what's needed before letting you board. 

P.S. One of your daughter's school friends will probably have a proof of vax pdf to have a look at?

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

The strange thing about this is none of the politicians in any country enforcing these measures on a sizeable proportion of their population seem to have any worries about how it will impact future elections. 

5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The strange thing about this is none of the politicians in any country enforcing these measures on a sizeable proportion of their population seem to have any worries about how it will impact future elections. 

It will probably impact them positively.

17 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

It will probably impact them positively.

I don't think so. The gimps that like restrictions are probably already voting for the dominant party. 

No one is going to vote for a party that bans them from leaving the house so they will definitely lose voters.  

Even if restrictions create some goodwill/approval it's hard to see people switching parties or going from non voters to voters on that basis. 

39 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The Netherlands looks like implementing restrictions again today as well.

Utter glee from the journalists no doubt as it gives them ammo to go and beg Sturgeon and Johnson for restrictions. 

They probably need to as the cases are going through the roof... what would be interesting to know is why that's happening? Headline numbers look to be way worse than UK (the masks on public transport and vaccine passes haven't helped funnily enough).

Edited by The Holiday Song

1 hour ago, The Holiday Song said:

They probably need to as the cases are going through the roof... what would be interesting to know is why that's happening? Headline numbers look to be way worse than UK (the masks on public transport and vaccine passes haven't helped funnily enough).

Aye Europe is on another of its weird cycles.

Slovenia currently 1080 per 100K, Croatia 951, Austria 740, Belgium & Czech at around 600

All rising at 40-50% in the last week.

Lower down Germany up 60% on the week. Poland 66%, Hungary 77%

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Surprised this hasn’t come up sooner tbh.

Can see Scotland going down the same road in the near future - maybe after they have extended the vaccine passport restrictions to pubs, cafes, bingo, cinema etc.

Plays right into their caring narrative and means they don’t need to pay anyone who can’t work as they have a choice to get vaccinated.

People being comfortable with a precedent set whereby the Govt of the day can limit your participation in society based on your willingness to medicate yourself, whether or not you are at any credible risk from the disease/virus you are being medicated against just has me absolutely and totally baffled. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

People being comfortable with a precedent set whereby the Govt of the day can limit your participation in society based on your willingness to medicate yourself, whether or not you are at any credible risk from the disease/virus you are being medicated against just has me absolutely and totally baffled. 

It's because whether you, me or anyone else, is at credible risk of harm from the disease we are all credible risk of passing it onto others.

Either the unvaccinated have their participation in society limited to protect others from harm, and they get to make that choice, or those with underlying conditions, who have no choice in the matter, have to decrease their own participation. It's a no brainer for me. Despite making up a small percentage of the population almost two thirds of covid deaths have affected the disabled. I can't fathom why disabled people, older people or people with respiratory issues should be forced to remain at home just because some flump who failed spud science thinks he knows how vaccines work better than scientists. 

I am absolutely no fan of the "no jag no job" stuff. 

Take for instance the example that someone has batshit crazy beliefs about the vaccine. The whole Bill Gates, microchip, 5G, Piers Corbyn, Lawrence Fox, Great Reset nonsense. If that person refuses the vaccine and therefore has their employment terminated, can't a case be made that they have been sacked because of their beliefs? Fairly sure that there is a legal challenge in here somewhere. 

Lots of people do lots of legal activities that put others at some degree of risk every single day. The issue is that this normalises introducing some sort of moral code into our society, where the government of the day can deem some property or other to be undesirable or dangerous and then to exclude them from society on that basis.

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I am absolutely no fan of the "no jag no job" stuff. 

Take for instance the example that someone has batshit crazy beliefs about the vaccine. The whole Bill Gates, microchip, 5G, Piers Corbyn, Lawrence Fox, Great Reset nonsense. If that person refuses the vaccine and therefore has their employment terminated, can't a case be made that they have been sacked because of their beliefs? Fairly sure that there is a legal challenge in here somewhere. 

I believe the legislation that covers this by specifying that your belief has to be worthy of respect in a democratic society.  So if my work found out I was a neo-nazi they could sack me but not if they found out I was a practising Greek Orthodox.

I guess it also depends on what impact these beliefs have.  I've mentioned on here before that I worked with someone who was a flat earther - he alos believed that the flu vaccine killed the elderly, that tap water makes you gay all sorts of mad stuff.  Should we have sacked him for that?  It'd be a bit different if he'd been a GP and he was telling 85 year olds not to get their flu jabs because the government was using them to kill them off.

6 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Despite making up a small percentage of the population almost two thirds of covid deaths have affected the disabled. I can't fathom why disabled people, older people or people with respiratory issues should be forced to remain at home just because some flump who failed spud science thinks he knows how vaccines work better than scientists. 

They don't have to at all, because they are currently getting their third dose of a vaccine in the space of twelve months: all of which were given on a priority basis.

They are no more 'forced to remain at home' by the tiny fraction of unvaccinated in the UK than they are by people not wearing face coverings on public transport, or not giving them 2m social distancing, or not sanitising every surface in sight, or any of the other fucking nonsense safety theatre that the UK has previously rolled out. 

If people cannot rationally adapt to the changing degree of personal risk that vaccines bring by now then that's their own problem. There's always The Guardian comments section and Devi Sridhar's timeline to occupy their time waiting for an endemic cold virus to go away. 

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

This article suffers from the same problem coverage of vaccination and vaccination rates suffers from here - it doesn't fucking mention any. Remember the vaccines first started and we had stated targets for what amount of the population we needed vaccinated to have some sort of immunity? Funny how that's never mentioned anywhere anymore.