Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I've got my flu vaccine tomorrow - they say on the letter they will offer me the Covid booster if it's more than six months since i got my second dose.  I checked on the app today and it's five months and 26 days.  Do you think they'll give me it anyway?  Would save me a trip to Ingilston I guess.

Not sure. They have wee tablet things that list the dates of your previous vaccines and confirm whether or not you are eligible.

If it needs to be 6 months it'll likely show as ineligible and you won't be offered it.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Grant Shapps said there were no checks to see if people had taken their day 2 tests when it was PCR, so I doubt that's changed. To cover yourself you could always take a free NHS LFT and photograph the result next to your passport just in case you're asked, but you probably needn't bother. What firm did you use by the way? I got ripped off by Chronomics for a pre flight test, nothing arrived before I left, and it still hasn't. I'm pursuing it but it was only £20, and it turned out I didn't need it. 

I did mine, as I'd paid for it, and uploaded it but it was checked as much as the passenger locator form I did. 

7 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

I did mine, as I'd paid for it, and uploaded it but it was checked as much as the passenger locator form I did. 

The airline checked my PLF at check in, the UK border force didn't. Think the airline gets fined £500 if they let you board without it, so they don't bother on arrival.

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The airline checked my PLF at check in, the UK border force didn't. Think the airline gets fined £500 if they let you board without it, so they don't bother on arrival.

Yeah there was a farce at check in regarding that. Certainly wasn't checked at arrival, used the e-gates and walked in. 

Thanks. Does anyone record the LFT results? The numbers must be huge compared to pcrs.
It is recommended that you scan the QR code on the test and record the result, but the reality is if it's negative folk don't give a shit, and if it's positive they will book a PCR.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I've got my flu vaccine tomorrow - they say on the letter they will offer me the Covid booster if it's more than six months since i got my second dose.  I checked on the app today and it's five months and 26 days.  Do you think they'll give me it anyway?  Would save me a trip to Ingilston I guess.

Guy at work this morning said he'd turned up for his flu jab somewhere in Falkirk but was days early for his covid booster and got told to come back when it reached 6 months. 

16 minutes ago, ddfg said:

Guy at work this morning said he'd turned up for his flu jab somewhere in Falkirk but was days early for his covid booster and got told to come back when it reached 6 months. 

Ridiculously shortsighted. Not sure if it’s the official NHS line or jobswothing, but it’s monumentally stupid to turn anyone who wants vaccinated away if there such a short time frame till it’s due.

Certain there will be a fair few folk that will just not bother to go back cause they can’t be arsed. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I would imagine that the take-up of Boosters is just going to dwindle to nothing as people can clearly see that very few are dying now and I think many now accept that the best course of action from here is to vaccinate in other countries.

Until that changes I expect the numbers to get nowhere near the same as the original double vaccine.

After all, we tolerate tens of thousands of flu deaths without taking the flu vaccines in great numbers.

They can't enforce passports across the board unless they wants to permanently kill the economy.

Their "Don't kill Granny", and "Vaccinate to save Christmas" messages sound like tired old cliches now.

People are done with this.

Wonder how long it'll take Sturgeon, Swinney, Johnson and Javid to realise that?

Talking of clueless clowns, is Leitch still in his job? Haven't heard from him in months.

Within 12 hours of that catastrophically bald tit Swinney's mewling the other day, the BBC could find vox-pops declaring that 'if it's a choice between vaccine passports in pubs and Christmas!!!!, I guess I'm for it!' They probably found it quite easily as well, because while the majority of the public are sick of it, they are also completely gullible to being presented with a false binary choice by the state and failing to recognise that a 'neither of the above' option also exists. 

A more significant issue with boosters is that adverse reactions to the original dose were not uncommon, which will provide a competing incentive that didn't exist before. Not to mention the reality that if you're already mandating boosters for everyone in society, you are essentially committing to a never-ending vaccination cycle for a glorified cold. 

1517853222_RpaYRMeapf0X(2).gif.37083e05fe45b65b53d44333b76328c4.gif

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

NHS inform website says The booster dose can be offered any time at least 6 months (24 weeks) after your second dose
so they maybe will offer it. If not, might be worth asking after showing them the website.

NHS Inform

Be interested to know how you get on. I’ve got mine through and changes the date to be more convenient but it’s before the 6 months, will just move it back if they say naw.

NHS inform website says The booster dose can be offered any time at least 6 months (24 weeks) after your second dose
so they maybe will offer it. If not, might be worth asking after showing them the website.
NHS Inform

24 weeks is different than 6 calendar months I guess, so they should be giving it earlier than 6 months.

My second was 19/05 so 24 weeks would have been 02/11.

Hopefully someone here can help with a question about those aged 12-16 who are vaccinated.

Does the PDF showing vaccination status show that it is 1 of 1 doses or 1 of 2 for that age group?

Got some issues with a holiday, new vaccine mandates and a child just turning 12 so am trying to work out if I need to cancel soon. They say if the vaccine record is clear that she only gets 1/1 due to out government it would be accepted.

2 hours ago, ArmadaleKillie said:

Hopefully someone here can help with a question about those aged 12-16 who are vaccinated.

Does the PDF showing vaccination status show that it is 1 of 1 doses or 1 of 2 for that age group?

Got some issues with a holiday, new vaccine mandates and a child just turning 12 so am trying to work out if I need to cancel soon. They say if the vaccine record is clear that she only gets 1/1 due to out government it would be accepted.

Countries have different rules, where are you trying to go? Most of the ones who only accept 2 jags will allow a pre flight test instead.

Edited by welshbairn

Fully vaccinated Is 2 doses in all of Europe.
Therefore they are treated as unvaccinated.
Then different entry rules in different countries.
Ie Spain pre departure PCR negative result in a test taken within 72 hours before landing in Spanish territory.
So use a reliable test service like Randox.

27 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Fully vaccinated Is 2 doses in all of Europe.
Therefore they are treated as unvaccinated.
Then different entry rules in different countries.
Ie Spain pre departure PCR negative result in a test taken within 72 hours before landing in Spanish territory.
So use a reliable test service like Randox.

Not true. In Italy it's 1 of 1 required if you've had the virus to be fully vaccinated.

ETA- not sure if same applies to 12 year olds tbh, to answer the previous post..

Edited by jimbaxters

Children under 16 don't need any proof of vaccination or testing to go to Denmark. 16 and 17 year olds don't need anything if they're travelling with vaccinated parents. Every country has different rules.

Edited by welshbairn