Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The care home one is a bigger problem than the NHS imo. 

Care home workers can decide to take the winter off knowing they will be able to walk back into a similar job with the same (shit) wages and conditions whenever they decide to get vaccinated. 

It's supposed to be enforced tomorrow but I've not seen any estimate of how many care home workers have chosen not to vaccinated.

The big elephant in the room is that the vaccine has undoubtedly led to an increase in mortality rates. Mandating that is insane. 

so how many deaths would there have been with no vax....give a number and sorce,please.

21 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Not sure if it's a counterbalance but it's certainly an undesirable consequence of the mandate.  Let's see who blinks first.

Surely NHS staff will know how the government will react when the deadline expires in the spring.  The deadline expires for care workers tomorrow I think.  Over 30,000 of those still not jagged.  Can't see them all being fired or that sector will surely fall over.

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

Surely NHS staff will know how the government will react when the deadline expires in the spring.  The deadline expires for care workers tomorrow I think.  Over 30,000 of those still not jagged.  Can't see them all being fired or that sector will surely fall over.

In days of old we'd expect a government to act responsibly and not make decisions that are unsustainable in practice.  In days of old mind.

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Undoubtedly higher in the JCVI 1-9 groups but lower amongst healthy people. This graph shows the impact of vaccination as it progresses through the age groups. 

20211110_105031.jpg

Without vax, surely excess deaths would have been far higher.

'The use of facemasks may be extended'. Not sure about this. Most indoor places and public transport require this at the moment.

Denying someone who is not keen on being vaccinated for whatever reason the ability to go to a restaurant for a meal is wild.

Albeit these may not happen. Could they be gauging the reaction to these suggestions first?

10 hours ago, Left Back said:

I live near Pitlochry and can confirm I’ve never been hit on the head by a falling coconut.  Now I know they’re a thing I’ll be keeping an eye out.  Cheers for the warning.

Hopefully you stay safe. The Scottish Government should be protecting us from falling coconuts by banning walks through the woods without wearing a helmet. xx

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

You have to imagine that the SG have done an impact assessment on the hospitality industry and decided to accept what the negative consequences are.

I read somewhere that between a fifth and a quarter of Scottish pubs open at the millenium have now closed.  Not sure how accurate that is but you definitely get the sense that the pub/hospitality industry is somethign that's down the pecking order.

Err, the Scottish food, drink and hospitality sector is/was a thriving industry.

Edited by Elixir

2 minutes ago, GTee said:

'The use of facemasks may be extended'. Not sure about this. Most indoor places and public transport require this at the moment.

Denying someone who is not keen on being vaccinated for whatever reason the ability to go to a restaurant for a meal is wild.

Albeit these may not happen. Could they be gauging the reaction to these suggestions first?

Let's not forget over 92% of those aged 16+ are fully vaccinated in Scotland already anyway, with 70%+ of vulnerable groups already having received a booster. Hospitalisations are falling at a steady pace. It is simply massive overreach from this pathetic administration.

As for face masks, maybe they'll mandate medical grade ones, so cloth rags are no longer permitted. That's working well in Germany... oh. Wait, no, it's not making a blind bit of difference there.

3 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Wife's mate in Netherlands was planning to come across to Scotland at the end of November but there's an announcement on Friday.

Possibly bringing in more restrictions and the trip could be off.

Seems to be a spike.

image.png.936b141269b42093312fd441751afea6.png

If you do this per capita, the Netherlands is already past the UK. I'm sure welshbairn will be along to tell us it's because their existing vaccine passports and mask mandate simply dinnae go far enough!

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

Let's not forget over 92% of those aged 16+ are fully vaccinated in Scotland already anyway, with 70%+ of vulnerable groups already having received a booster. Hospitalisations are falling at a steady pace. It is simply massive overreach from this pathetic administration.

As for face masks, maybe they'll mandate medical grade ones, so cloth rags are no longer permitted. That's working well in Germany... oh. Wait, no, it's not making a blind bit of difference there.

image.png.41eac5ab8312e1165dc526b1e05ef787.png

Some spike going on there. 

It’s very obvious that the Scottish government, including the previous labour admin , think that the pleb population are a bunch of jakey bams who can’t be trusted to control their own alcohol consumption. This is true for some and is often comedically celebrated in our media, but it is a loud minority who do this, most don’t
Scotlands relationship with alcohol, is an entirely different conversation

28 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Undoubtedly higher in the JCVI 1-9 groups but lower amongst healthy people. This graph shows the impact of vaccination as it progresses through the age groups. 

20211110_105031.jpg

The graph shows nothing of the sort. The graph shows that, a year on from two lengthy lockdowns, excess deaths are persisting. 

Other causes such as cancers, heart disease and the like are there because the NHS has, to many, been reduced or closed. Have a look at the heart disease chart - the bits in orange show Covid as an underlying health issue. A minor part now but a big part at the start of the year.

image.png.5664837bab00c39654c5962edd2dae53.png

11 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

image.png.41eac5ab8312e1165dc526b1e05ef787.png

Some spike going on there. 

Don't forget - Germany take things much more seriously than Plague Island, after all. Just imagine the humanitarian catastrophe if they didn't have pointless, discriminatory vaccine passports and medical-grade masks mandated amongst the general population!

23 minutes ago, Elixir said:

If you do this per capita, the Netherlands is already past the UK. I'm sure welshbairn will be along to tell us it's because their existing vaccine passports and mask mandate simply dinnae go far enough!

I'm assuming you're referring to this.

On 05/11/2021 at 13:40, welshbairn said:

Nobody has claimed masks and vaccine passports work 100%, the question is how much worse the numbers would be without them, if at all. 

Unlike your certainty that they do nothing, I think they must have some effect, the question is whether or not it's enough to make them worthwhile. 

36 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The graph shows nothing of the sort. The graph shows that, a year on from two lengthy lockdowns, excess deaths are persisting. 

Other causes such as cancers, heart disease and the like are there because the NHS has, to many, been reduced or closed. Have a look at the heart disease chart - the bits in orange show Covid as an underlying health issue. A minor part now but a big part at the start of the year.

image.png.5664837bab00c39654c5962edd2dae53.png

It shows that they are increasing and the increase began in sync with the vaccination schedule.