Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, oaksoft said:
What Boris says is totally irrelevant.
He can't be trusted on anything.

Boris could tell me it's raining outside and I'd have to go out to check. It probably wouldn't be raining.

To be fair, if he was in Glasgow this week, it would have been a fair assumption

Daily Summary for @oaksoft :   Deaths 0 (20 day before),  ICU cases 64 down 1   (? new admissions),  In hospital with confirmed Covid 910 down 16  (? new admissions).   

Figures for Jags.  1st Vaccines  1,799  2nd vaccines  1,879

Daily Cases Update:   Virtually no change today. Similar expected tomorrow. Remember this thread is a 7 day total with a 3 day lag as that gives most accurate data.

Teuchters in Aberdeenshire & Orkney smashing it.  

Much of Europe is surging as well in terms of weekly increase. Like of Germany up 65% on week.

Total Cases Scotland 7 days 22nd October to 28th October  were  17,969 to 17,957 down 0.07%, Positivity was 8.9% now 9.0%.  Cases per 100K were 328.7 now 328.5

Home Nations Daily Cases (2 days) per 100K update  :  UK Average   465.7 to 435.3 down 6.53%, England  467.9 to 435.8 down 6.86%, Wales 667.1 to 600.0 down 10.06%, Northern Ireland  467.2 to 450.8 down 3.72%  Deaths  74

In Europe for travellers (Countries Population over 3 Million)Croatia 590 (weekly up 46%),  Serbia 522 (weekly change -6%), Slovakia 486 (weekly up 51%), Bulgaria 480 (Weekly up 16%),   Romania 475 (weekly -13%), Belgium 415 (Week up 49%), Ukraine 361 (Week up 25%), Austria 335 (Week up 41%), Ireland  309 (Weekly up 7%),  Czech Rep 295 (Weekly up 65%), Netherlands 277 (weekly up 48%), These are the only countries over 250 cases per 100K.   The Baltic states Latvia 916, Lithuania 733, & Estonia 892 with smaller populations are in a bad way 

Scotland  peaks in wave 4 at 817.1 for 1st Sep to 7th Sep, (UK was 392.1), Cases that day were 44,663 and positivity 12.5%

Scotland peaks in Wave 3 at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland  peaked in wave 2 at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Clackmannanshire   622.0 to 633.7 

Orkney Islands   442.0 to 473.2  Up to 2nd from 2nd bottom in no time.

Aberdeenshire  462.8 to 459.4 

West Lothian  416.2 to 415.1

Fife   415.6 to 412.2

North Lanarkshire  406.9 to 400.4 

Stirling  380.5 to 382.7

East Ayrshire  383.2 to 377.5

Dundee City   362.9 to 369.6 

Argyll & Bute  371.1 to 364.0 

Angus   352.3 to 360.9

North Ayrshire  331.5 349.3  Up 8 places and over 20% in 2 days.

Aberdeen City   329.6 to 333.5  Up 13 places in 3 days.

Falkirk  350.0 to 330.1

East Lothian   345.7 to 329.9

BELOW AVERAGE 

West Dunbartonshire  338.5 to 324.9 

East Dunbartonshire  320.9 to 323.7 

South Lanarkshire   315.8 to 320.7 

Moray  308.2 to 319.7

Scottish  Borders   283.8 to 315.9 Up well over 10%

Highlands 295.6 to 305.0

Western Isles    279.2 to 301.9 

Midlothian  278.0 to 295.2

Dumfries & Galloway   296.0 to 293.3

Perth & Kinross  296.9 to 282.4

Renfrewshire  291.5 to 281.0  

City Of Edinburgh   273.7 to 278.4

Inverclyde   276.4 to 268.6

South Ayrshire  274.7 to 266.6

East Renfrewshire  256.1 to 262.3

Glasgow City  218.5 to 218.7

Shetland Islands   104.9 to 131.2

Absolutely shocked that the arse has fallen out the UK figures because English schools were closed all week.

Vaccine passports and facemasks were definitely the answer, though...

Very nice of the 'experts' calling for Plan B to out themselves as opportunistic, populist arseholes, though. They knew fine well what was going to happen, and desperately wanted to control the narrative. #unlucks

25 minutes ago, Tynie Traddles said:

The third jag does not appear in covid App either.

This, tbf, is understandable. To hold a vaccine pass currently, a person needs to have had two doses.

There is no need for the app to give any third party any more information than necessary.

It should*, however, be available to you when you check https://vacs.nhs.scot/csp as that is a personal record visible only to you.

*I can't check.

Edited by Todd_is_God

The UK recorded 38,009 new positive Covid tests on Sunday. Cases remain high but have ticked down slightly from a mid-month peak of 56,658 new cases on 18 October.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2021/oct/31/covid-live-news-coronavirus-origins-china-us-intelligence-report?page=with:block-617ebfad8f08fe3ad9f452c2#block-617ebfad8f08fe3ad9f452c2

I'd say that a drop of 33% in the space of eleven days is somewhat more than 'slight', but I've not spent the last month shrieking for 'Plan B' and need to cover the fact that we were wrong yet again!

Got back from Barcelona on Friday night, after spending 5 glorious days in the city.  Masks seem to be much more prevalent there, with a few bars/restaurants also asking for vaccine passport for proof for entry.  Public generally wearing masks just wandering about outside, I’d say about 75% mask uptake outdoors. 
On arrive in Spain, I had to show my passenger locator and vaccine passport. Landing back in the UK, i didn’t have to show anything although it appeared they were pulling some people aside and doing random spot checks at customs. 

My wife lost her sense of smell and taste yesterday so did a lateral flow which came back positive. I did one and it came back negative. As a result of her positive lateral flow, she booked us for PCR’s at the test centre at the forge yesterday afternoon. Both of our results came back positive last night. I did another lateral flow out of curiosity and again it came back negative. 

Got back from Barcelona on Friday night, after spending 5 glorious days in the city.  Masks seem to be much more prevalent there, with a few bars/restaurants also asking for vaccine passport for proof for entry.  Public generally wearing masks just wandering about outside, I’d say about 75% mask uptake outdoors. 
On arrive in Spain, I had to show my passenger locator and vaccine passport. Landing back in the UK, i didn’t have to show anything although it appeared they were pulling some people aside and doing random spot checks at customs. 

My wife lost her sense of smell and taste yesterday so did a lateral flow which came back positive. I did one and it came back negative. As a result of her positive lateral flow, she booked us for PCR’s at the test centre at the forge yesterday afternoon. Both of our results came back positive last night. I did another lateral flow out of curiosity and again it came back negative. 

TL;DR masks don't work.

Hope you are both doing well though, my double vaxxed wife was quite ill when she got it so hope you'll be just mild or no ill effects.

7 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Firstly, I hope you are both ok. But this just highlights the absolute futility of masking and vaccine passports.

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Firstly, I hope you are both ok. But this just highlights the absolute futility of masking and vaccine passports.

I’ve no symptoms at all, she’s lost her smell and taste but that’s it.  

What’s the current rules, can’t say I’ve kept up with them but I’m assuming not supposed to leave the house at all even for a walk/jog etc?

I’ve no symptoms at all, she’s lost her smell and taste but that’s it.  

What’s the current rules, can’t say I’ve kept up with them but I’m assuming not supposed to leave the house at all even for a walk/jog etc?
I think you need to isolate for 10 days as you've had a positive PCR.

As you had no symptoms it's 10 day's from the date of the test.

19 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Hibs have been grassed. Creepy train picture man has been one-upped. 

The businessman from Glasgow says his "blood boiled" after he and his wife witnessed three players and one member of Hibs staff failing to follow the rules on mask wearing during their stay at the Kingsmill Hotel in Inverness.

“There was a steady flow of them and while the vast majority of them were wearing masks, there were at least three who clearly weren’t.”

“There was also a staff member who I held a door open for at one point who was not wearing a mask either.”

Got to be an immediate 10 point deduction surely?