Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/28/covid-vaccinated-likely-unjabbed-infect-cohabiters-study-suggests

A study finds no difference in infectiousness between vaxxed and unvaxxed.

Science that will not be followed. 

I thought the most recent sciencey news was acknowledging of that, but at the same time highlighting that the vaccine still made you less likely to catch covid, and also less likely to suffer severe symptoms?

I would have thought this should maybe have been expected because vaccines are meant to stop a person contracting a disease, not stop them transmitting it?

Interesting to note that, just 7 days after the weirdos of SAGE (and iSAGE) predicted doom and gloom whilst squealing for restrictions to be reintroduced, week on week cases acrosd the UK have dropped by 15.5% by doing... absolutely nothing.

Time to bundle these absolute charlatans into a cupboard and flush away the key.

The funding the NHS discussion has a fairly obvious solution in the immediate term of having a higher tax on profit that were supercharged by the pandemic, PPE manufacturers, IT contracts, Online only retailers etc etc paying a far higher share due to either being in the right place at the right time or exploiting the pandemic to fill their boots.,

Not sure how much it would raise probably not an insignificant amount but of course nowhere near the levels of funding required over the medium term.

Tesco, HSBC, Apple, Google, Microsoft all up between 50/75% compared to the previous year ASOS up 275% and that's before you consider PPE procurement companies some going for turnovers of a few thousand up to several million. 

16 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Interesting to note that, just 7 days after the weirdos of SAGE (and iSAGE) predicted doom and gloom whilst squealing for restrictions to be reintroduced, week on week cases acrosd the UK have dropped by 15.5% by doing... absolutely nothing.

Time to bundle these absolute charlatans into a cupboard and flush away the key.

It's quite incredible that amateur mathematicians and economists on Twitter had models predicting this before SAGE also fell into line. It should have been obvious when weirdos like Pagel and losers like Labour desperately started screeching for 'Plan B', which err, already makes no difference at all in Scotland and Wales. 🥴

It really is soul destroying that England are already much closer to normality than we are. Scotland will be enduring theatre for at least another six months for absolutely no benefit and purely because the Scottish Government think there is political capital to be made out of doing so. 😢

15 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Wales going to be re-introducing some isolation restrictions...

At least Scotland doesn't have Labour and the chinless wonder in charge, I guess...

Utter freaks, man. 🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴

7 hours ago, scottsdad said:

A teacher of mine once said that the health service in the US was far and away the best in the world, so long as you had money. If you had no money it was one of the worst.

Our geography teacher told us we were heading for another ice age! Not sure why i do not have a O grade in geography🙄

17 hours ago, scottsdad said:

A teacher of mine once said that the health service in the US was far and away the best in the world, so long as you had money. If you had no money it was one of the worst.

This brings to mind a couple of things which have stuck in my mind:

Those crazy yanks - eating like they've got free healthcare!

and:

Imagine a UK version of Breaking Bad: Teacher is diagnosed with cancer, immediately enters into a course of treatment and is in remission and back at work within six months, having received full pay under "gold-plated" terms and conditions of employment. One episode, and not a lot of action or violence.

22 hours ago, oaksoft said:

What it needs, if it's not already happening, is a triage system at the door where time wasters can be told to f**k off before they even get to main reception.

This is a crisis because of covid. We need staff back at work. All of them. Unless they are actually ill.

It's the time wasters that ruin it for everyone. When my dad was ill in Jan 2020 this fcking triage system was in place and he couldnt even see a doctor face to face. My mum was pleading over the phone for a doctor to come up to see how ill he was, my dad was upset thinking his docs thought he was a time waster not worthy of seeing. Having to witness all that and the distress my dad was in in his last few weeks put me off the NHS sycopnhancy for life.