Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

😆 A magic Covid variant that "evades" tests.

I think I might need a second opinion. Not sure if it's helpful to amplify every nutter on twitter.

image.thumb.png.2ddbad2472e751d55b8a7df33d2658a6.png

Edited by welshbairn

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

What it needs, if it's not already happening, is a triage system at the door where time wasters can be told to f**k off before they even get to main reception.

This is a crisis because of covid. We need staff back at work. All of them. Unless they are actually ill.

No, it isn't. This is the entirely foreseeable result of a long-term, ideological attack on the biggest public sector organisation in the country. And when I say long-term, I am going back to Thatcher's severance of the link between health and Social care. With no pause whatsoever during the "labour" regime which should have halted and reversed the already serious decline.

The pandemic may have brought forward the day of reckoning, but this was always going to happen.

3 hours ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Yeah my point was more that we aren’t covering close what we need to fund public services. The salary point is equally as important i agree.

We absolutely are. The problem is we have a Government more concerned with the ability to kill people than to help them. Not exclusively a Tory trait, btw.

Unless you class Bliar as a Tory.

Which I do.

3 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

My wife's a nurse and the problem is a lack of staff, not just people isolating but people leaving because they have had enough.

3 hours ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Completely understandable when the staff themselves have been made scapegoat for it all going to shit.

Ungrateful bastárds! I wish I hadn't stood clapping for them all those Thursdays!*

* I didn't. I did, however, vote for a Party which would have given them, and other PS workers, a realistic pay rise. Unlike the nurse (!) in our street who thinks "Boris" is the best PM since Thatcher, and votes accordingly.

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

Ably abetted by Arthur.

Has he still got his NUM pied-a-terre?

I believe so. Weird thing is, I remember his missus being very active with the Wives' organisations during the strike, while that buffoon was still turning up at picket lines in a jag with driver.

Ask about them at the Big Meeting, and you'll find fond memories of Mrs S. Her husband, not so much.

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Ably abetted by Arthur.

Has he still got his NUM pied-a-terre?

3 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I believe so. Weird thing is, I remember his missus being very active with the Wives' organisations during the strike, while that buffoon was still turning up at picket lines in a jag with driver.

Ask about them at the Big Meeting, and you'll find fond memories of Mrs S. Her husband, not so much.

Looks like we're wrong, WRK, he bought the London flat under the right to buy, shortly after selling his Yorkshire residence (also partly funded by the NUM) to his daughter and son-in-law, according to these reports.

Tried to get the NUM to keep paying for it  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-20303797

Bought it off the council   https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3806872/Former-NUM-leader-Arthur-Scargill-investigated-purchasing-2million-property-half-value.html

1 minute ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

A lecherous middle aged man commenting on a young woman’s appearance and stating that he’d want to have sex with her. Thought so.E4A5AA6B-032A-4EDF-9520-8105383A5C5B.png.44215727b7b337bc5d1e190071d53379.png

Taking no lectures from the P&B resident incel how to interact with or discuss women. 

19 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Taking no lectures from the P&B resident incel how to interact with or discuss women. 

It will be interesting to see who else endorses your creepy comments. I can probably name them already. The bootcut jeans crew.

1 minute ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

It will be interesting to see who else endorses your creepy comments. I can probably name them already. The bootcut jeans crew.

Self awareness isn't your strong suit.

On 23/10/2021 at 12:21, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

There’s definitely bigger and more important ones but these are just off the top of my head:

1. Making wee Tiktok dance videos, ‘trends’ etc. Anyone who does this beyond the age of 14 is embarrassing and/or self-absorbed. Grow up.

2. Expecting you to pay for everything. I don’t mind paying for things at all and like doing it, but when it’s just an expectation then that can get to f**k. Get a job.

3. Wanting to do things/go places purely for the purposes of Instagram. All any bar needs to do to be able to charge £10 a drink is to stick up some fake colourful foliage and a shed load of fairy lights and it’s Instagram moths to a flame.

4. Driving any one of the following cars: Audi A1, Fiat 500, BMW 1 series. Self explanatory really.

5. Really hairy legs/armpits. Oooooo you’re such a feminist. Get out my face you gorilla.

Discuss.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Given that the USA has a dreadful health system and yet they spend much more than anyone else, that graph might not be a good indicator of anything TBH.

I tend to ignore anything to do with the US healthcare system.  I think one thing everyone would agree on no-one wants the NHS to look like that.  No idea why Kingsfund even include it in their comparison table.