Coronavirus (COVID-19)

30 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

I think NS announced vaccine passports on the day cases started to fall. I don't think I read anyone question her about this.

There is a big difference between saying "we hope vaccine passports will reduce the risk of a winter surge" and "if we don't have them, x would have to close" - you could quite easily pick apart the former as well, but it would be an open goal to get her on record stating the latter IMO.

10 hours ago, Left Back said:

Would your NHS dentist have your CHI number?

Yes, but you can have more than one CHI number. It's why that link posted by Welshbairn asks for name/postcode/dob to identify an individual, rather than CHI.

Different parts of the NHS might have different CHI numbers referring to the same individual so you might find the CHI your dentist has is different from one on your vaccine record. It probably is the same, especially if you haven't moved recently, but there's no guarantee. 

This is nuts. Certainly no issue with my own dentist. Bit of a waiting time but routine check ups are still every 6 months  
Yes as with GPs it's just a lottery. Some willing to crack on with life, others still hiding in caves in full PPE with a laptop and phone.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Linda Bauld on BBC news defending the app rollout and saying it was 'overwhelmed' by the sheer uptake of people downloading it early - then going on to state that 70,000 people felt the need to get it upon release and downloaded it at once. Seventy thousand. The tone she took was of almost incredulity that as many as 70,000 needed to download this straight away...did they honestly think different? I mean you'd have surely been prepped for closer to 700,000. 

The scary thing is, she actually believes that is a mitigating factor and not a complete embarrassment. 70,000 in the grand scheme of things is f**k all, about 1.5% of the population. Is the app being hosted on fucking Geocities?

Why would an NHS app for an entire country of 5.5m people crash under the weight of 70,000 downloads? One of the two main drivers for the existence of this app, so we are told, are for football and rugby crowds of 50, 60, 70k people so is this an admission that the app won't be able to handle the traffic that could theoretically be needed during large scale events?

She's gone on BBC to try and defend all of this and in doing so, made the whole thing look even more tinpot than it has been.

As the Spouse of a Hygienist

Dentists are now working as "normally" as they can.

The problem in NHS still is waiting lists due to the long time not seeing patients, but more significantly Fallow time following an AGP procedure will never be lower than 10 minutes. In some practices still waiting on proper ventilation that time is much higher.  This means less appointments in a day.

The days of a scale and polish from a Dental Hygienist on the NHS are likely to be long gone in most places due to the financial return for the time allowed.

Basic teeth cleaning services you really need to go private (On a plan) or invest in a decent sonic toothbrush.

You would be amazed at how much better an £80 toothbrush is over a £2 one.

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Linda Bauld on BBC news defending the app rollout and saying it was 'overwhelmed' by the sheer uptake of people downloading it early - then going on to state that 70,000 people felt the need to get it upon release and downloaded it at once. Seventy thousand. The tone she took was of almost incredulity that as many as 70,000 needed to download this straight away...did they honestly think different? I mean you'd have surely been prepped for closer to 700,000. 

The scary thing is, she actually believes that is a mitigating factor and not a complete embarrassment. 70,000 in the grand scheme of things is f**k all, about 1.5% of the population. Is the app being hosted on fucking Geocities?

Why would an NHS app for an entire country of 5.5m people crash under the weight of 70,000 downloads? One of the two main drivers for the existence of this app, so we are told, are for football and rugby crowds of 50, 60, 70k people so is this an admission that the app won't be able to handle the traffic that could theoretically be needed during large scale events?

She's gone on BBC to try and defend all of this and in doing so, made the whole thing look even more tinpot than it has been.

An expert in behaviour science should have been handy when working out how many people were likely to download the app. Oh well, pity Linda couldn't find one 

When I opened the APP for the 19th time this morning it had actually gone back to a sensible point.
It reacted differently while going through the validation.
It moved between the pages better.
Good God what do you know I only had to press that final green button once and it responded.
I am now recognised and in business..
It seems to be fine once you get registered and validated - it's getting through that that was the issue yesterday.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

It seems to be fine once you get registered and validated - it's getting through that that was the issue yesterday.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

It should simply have had a comms fail message.
Not a we don't recognise you and you must have fucked up.
That's the idiotic thing for me.

Somebody said it wasn't the app itself that was the problem, it was the NHS Scotland database getting too many requests. That might explain why they coped with far more traffic when they rolled it out in Denmark, up to a million on the first day apparently, though that might have just been site visits rather than app downloads and registrations.

"The launch created a major pressure on the portal and app – more than one million citizens visited sundhed.dk on the opening day. This is 600% more traffic than before COVID-19. Luckily, Sundhed.dk passed the test without any major problems."
 — Claus Duedal Pedersen, director of the sentinel unit, sundhed.dk

https://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/emea/denmark-launches-covid-19-passport-coronapas

They did not report till late last night.

Home Nations Daily Cases per 100K update  :  UK Average 356.5 to 358.3 up 0.50%, England  333.9 to 337.7 up 1.14%, Wales 653.7 to 643.7 down 1.53%, Northern Ireland   405.9 to 404.0 down 0.47%   Scotland 372.0 to 361.8 down 2.75%

Looks like only England still not peaked in wave 4 

Deaths:  England 80,  Scotland 34,  NI  8,  Wales 5   I think (Hope) these show we are now at our peak of Deaths. Circa 21 days after peak infections. As 34 out of 127 is far too high a proportion.

3 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's just such an odd stance that it is actually unbelieveable that not a single MSP or journalist has asked NS why certain things would have to be closed again despite being open for 2 months already, and cases, hospitalisations and deaths are falling.

Or the inconvenient fact they continue to operate without theatre in England and Scandinavia.

Has she always been a pathological liar and I just never noticed it before the pandemic?

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

And as usual throughout this whole shit show Musson is talking utter shite !
https://www.nhsggc.org.uk/your-health/health-issues/covid-19-coronavirus/for-patients-the-public/covid-vaccinations/drop-in-vaccinations/#

Probably best you do a quick 10 second Google fact check before you put your name to anything he publishes. Your opening sentence however is spot on.

So a tiny number of places and then after this weekend, there will be no guaranteed locations until they maybe make an announcement. Cool.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Remember that Linda is considered an 'expert'.

She was mewling only a couple of weeks back with Clownshoes about how England were essentulially ditching travel testing and that Scotland widnae be daeing it because!

Zero credibility.

All other respiratory viruses will have a considerable backlash, including influenza which kills hundreds in the UK every day at its peak in a bad winter. Well, that's fine to continue spreading in nightclubs and at the fitba, the Public Health Legends don't give a toss about that. Instead, let's make sure the Rona is catered for! Can't have people catching that can we (they most certainly will)!

13 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Or the inconvenient fact they continue to operate without theatre in England and Scandinavia.

Has she always been a pathological liar and I just never noticed it before the pandemic?

So a tiny number of places and then after this weekend, there will be no guaranteed locations until they maybe make an announcement. Cool.

Remember that Linda is considered an 'expert'.

She was mewling only a couple of weeks back with Clownshoes about how England were essentulially ditching travel testing and that Scotland widnae be daeing it because!

Zero credibility.

Yet another @Elixirclaim disproved. 

zero credibility. 

25 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

zero credibility. 

Fùck knows what he’ll do with himself when this is over.  Maybe he’ll start posting on the football threads!

Hopefully he’ll have a sympathetic neighbour who will keep a lookout for the milk bottles pilling up on the doorstep.

Yet another [mention=56587]Elixir[/mention]claim disproved. 

zero credibility. 
To be fair Elixir never made the claim. He posted the claim made by the charlatan hack that is Musson. It was a total bare faced lie but his readers will lap that up.

28 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

zero credibility. 

Disproved by wee BJK's link to a site which quite clearly shows no guaranteed drop-in facilities after this Sunday? It must be amazing living in Simpsville.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Fùck knows what he’ll do with himself when this is over.  Maybe he’ll start posting on the football threads!

Hopefully he’ll have a sympathetic neighbour who will keep a lookout for the milk bottles pilling up on the doorstep.

I'm pretty confident that scenario is much more likely to happen to geriatric fuds.