Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Spoke with my mum earlier and asked about her vaccine proof. She doesnt have a mobile so I was going to do it for her as a pdf and print it out. She informs me she chucked the appt letter out 😑 I'm guessing she could phone and try and explain to them (if she can get through to the hotline!). Any other dunce on here throw their appt letter away? If so how did you get your vaccine proof?

She doesn’t need it.  All you need is her name, DOB, post code, and to remember 1 of the dates you got jagged.

The website is really easy to use.

The App however is an abomination.  I say that as someone who supports the principle of this, but implementation is shocking.  

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

If you know the dates of when you had your vaccinations they can retrieve the data for you from the NHS inform website.

Just now, Wee Bully said:

She doesn’t need it.  All you need is her name, DOB, post code, and to remember 1 of the dates you got jagged.

The website is really easy to use.

The App however is an abomination.  I say that as someone who supports the principle of this, but implementation is shocking.  

Cheers lads. I'd highly doubt she'll remember any of those dates as it was months ago. Awk well she'll have to do without her shit dance shows for a good few months. The pity 

7 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Only 70k have downloaded the app. Either people are waiting for the issues to be fixed or telling the SG they can shove their app. 

From the posts on here, I am guessing most of them are the ones that were so vocally against them.  Has the SG published the guidance to business yet?  If there is no way to verify exemption then why would anyone use the app?

Edited by strichener

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I get the impression Scotgov/NHS Scotland have been a particularly bad client for the app designers, they said 3 weeks ago that they still hadn't been told what NHS Scotland wanted. I'd imagine there was loads of arguments and stamping of feet going on behind the scenes, and last minute changes demanded.

Probably the same team that tried to procure a ferry or two. 

It can't be the schools going back.
Three reasons leap to mind:-
1) Our cases started rising immediately our schools returned - probably too quickly for schools to be the main driver as you'd expect a week or two delay. England's schools went back a month ago and haven't seen the increase we had despite almost no restrictions at all compared to us.
2) Our cases shot through the roof almost overnight. England's rises are around the 1% mark and have only just started to show a slow rise.
3) England have had next to no restrictions since May when their schools were still very much in. Plenty of time to rule schools out and plenty of time to rule masks out.

BBC News - Covid: One in 20 secondary-age children infected in England
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58763845

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Spoke with my mum earlier and asked about her vaccine proof. She doesnt have a mobile so I was going to do it for her as a pdf and print it out. She informs me she chucked the appt letter out [emoji58] I'm guessing she could phone and try and explain to them (if she can get through to the hotline!). Any other dunce on here throw their appt letter away? If so how did you get your vaccine proof?
What exactly does she need it for ?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Probably the same team that tried to procure a ferry or two. 

I think the problem is there hasn't been anyone pushing to get proof of vaccine sorted inside the Government. The belief was that it was folk bringing back new variants from holiday last summer that set Covid raging again, so they didn't want to do anything this spring that looked like they were encouraging foreign travel. So they've only ever done anything in reaction to London, late and grudgingly, initially with a text file that was a fucking joke, anyone could have knocked one out on notepad. They should have started on this app 6 months ago, instead according to the designers it's been 3 weeks.

37 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Cheers lads. I'd highly doubt she'll remember any of those dates as it was months ago. Awk well she'll have to do without her shit dance shows for a good few months. The pity 

Her GP will probably have a record of her jag dates. Then you just fill in this, it's not hard.

https://vacs.nhs.scot/csp?id=recover_username

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Her GP will probably have a record of her jag dates. Then you just fill in this, it's not hard.

https://vacs.nhs.scot/csp?id=recover_username

^^^ didn’t read the screen on the app registration saying don’t contact your GP to get your CHI number.

I’m sure they’d be equally delighted to get loads of enquiries about when you got jagged.

Just now, oaksoft said:

Unless.....sigh......unless the system has locked her account in which case she'll have to join the lottery of the phone system. How many times do you need reminded that the website doesn't work for everyone?

Are you deliberately trying to be a p***k here?

You're the only person I know who didn't manage to get the pdf download.

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

^^^ didn’t read the screen on the app registration saying don’t contact your GP to get your CHI number.

I’m sure they’d be equally delighted to get loads of enquiries about when you got jagged.

You're entitled to see your medical record.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

You're entitled to see your medical record.

I’m sure you’re also entitled to know your CHI number as well.  You’re also entitled to see a GP.  How’s that working out for most people at this point in time?

Get off your fucking soap-box for once and have a look at the real world people are living in.

4 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Yeah record number of contacts from the general public in Gp land at present.  People queuing for nearly an hour to get through.

That's OK phone up to get  your chi number etc.  Ground control to Welshbairn.

Honestly it must be great living in your parallel universe.

Our surgery receptionist is pretty friendly and helpful, I really don't think it would be a major problem to get the date of one of my jags, or probably the CHI but I've loads of letters with it on so it's not a problem.