Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I wonder if the issue is that most people just don't know their CHI - they may have put it on letters but it isn't on the vaccine certificate

I've tried my passport, my driver's licence but no success - I don't know my CHI.
25045d198d056f433aa10d7dda46ce27.jpg

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Found my vaccine letter - input the details as given including the CHI.

Still not working.

Another heap of shit.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

There are literally thousands of systems in use across the public sector in the UK. Most you never hear a Dickie bird about as they work well. The ones that go wrong by their nature are well publicised. I've worked on hundreds over the years and they are no different to private sector systems in that some are great and some are dreadful. It's not unusual for perfectly good systems to be badly administered.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

I get the impression Scotgov/NHS Scotland have been a particularly bad client for the app designers, they said 3 weeks ago that they still hadn't been told what NHS Scotland wanted. I'd imagine there was loads of arguments and stamping of feet going on behind the scenes, and last minute changes demanded.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Why even put a number on it then?

Why come on so strongly and arrogantly about the whole issue?

Why not just admit you haven't a clue what you're talking about?

Is it just an ego thing?

Someone said my answer was non-committal.

And how is me saying I am not an expert in any way arrogant? I accept that my opinion on when a mask mandate should be lifted isn't really worth much in terms of making policy. 700 seems like the right number to me from what I have seen from the data. It was the number cases were at through most of the summer.

I think you have got a warped sense of who I am and what I am talking about and I think it comes from being in this echo chamber environment. You are overly confrontational and don't seem to listen what other people are saying. It is a proper lack of engagement on your part and the rest of your little crew.

And if you don't want to engage in any sort of reasonable debate just ignore me.

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It can't be the schools going back.

Three reasons leap to mind:-

1) Our cases started rising immediately our schools returned - probably too quickly for schools to be the main driver as you'd expect a week or two delay. England's schools went back a month ago and haven't seen the increase we had despite almost no restrictions at all compared to us.

2) Our cases shot through the roof almost overnight. England's rises are around the 1% mark and have only just started to show a slow rise.

3) England have had next to no restrictions since May when their schools were still very much in. Plenty of time to rule schools out and plenty of time to rule masks out.

England didn't stop wearing masks in shops and public transport overnight, plenty still do, compulsory or not. Is it your theory that continuing mask mandates in Scotland caused the surge?

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Shouldn’t be posting here then; this is an ‘experts only’ thread.

Pretty much. The Main Event have called things far more accurately and sensibly than The Psycho Brigade.

1 hour ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Probably schools going back earlier is the main driver.

Almost all of England is experiencing a rise in cases right now while scotland is falling.

guardianmap.thumb.png.5ae878b98d888c837bf3ed85bececa0e.png

That is the data on The Guardian right now.

England's key metrics have been essentially flat for two and a half months since 19th July. The small rise they are seeing now will dip into decline in the next two or three weeks once it has run its course through the weans. Bookmark this and get back to me.

Edited by Elixir

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

It can't be the schools going back.

Three reasons leap to mind:-

1) Our cases started rising immediately our schools returned - probably too quickly for schools to be the main driver as you'd expect a week or two delay. England's schools went back a month ago and haven't seen the increase we had despite almost no restrictions at all compared to us.

2) Our cases shot through the roof almost overnight. England's rises are around the 1% mark and have only just started to show a slow rise.

3) England have had next to no restrictions since May when their schools were still very much in. Plenty of time to rule schools out and plenty of time to rule masks out.

I think you are wrong on point 3. Freedom Day was in the middle of July.

If cases were rising before schools went back I think transmission through schools was one of the reasons that the spike got so high. I think there is still a lot to learn about what to expect from spikes in the virus. I am not even sure anyone can concretely say why the recent wave fell off. There wasn't any new restrictions, there was a bit more emphasis on keeping to rules and social distancing. Was that enough to make the difference?

Doesn’t matter how the cases in Scotland or England went up. Doesn’t matter if it was because of schools going back, or if masks made any goddam difference. Doesn’t matter at all. What really matters isn’t case numbers. What matters is that the NHS isn’t going to be overwhelmed, and that thousands upon thousands of people are therefore not going to die un-necessarily through Covid.

That’s what it was all about. That has been achieved. Time to ditch mandatory facemasks and apps that came out of a Christmas cracker.

Edited by pozbaird

Spoke with my mum earlier and asked about her vaccine proof. She doesnt have a mobile so I was going to do it for her as a pdf and print it out. She informs me she chucked the appt letter out 😑 I'm guessing she could phone and try and explain to them (if she can get through to the hotline!). Any other dunce on here throw their appt letter away? If so how did you get your vaccine proof?

Spoke with my mum earlier and asked about her vaccine proof. She doesnt have a mobile so I was going to do it for her as a pdf and print it out. She informs me she chucked the appt letter out [emoji58] I'm guessing she could phone and try and explain to them (if she can get through to the hotline!). Any other dunce on here throw their appt letter away? If so how did you get your vaccine proof?

Your mum will just have to w**k off the bouncers if she wants to get into a nightclub again.

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Spoke with my mum earlier and asked about her vaccine proof. She doesnt have a mobile so I was going to do it for her as a pdf and print it out. She informs me she chucked the appt letter out 😑 I'm guessing she could phone and try and explain to them (if she can get through to the hotline!). Any other dunce on here throw their appt letter away? If so how did you get your vaccine proof?

If you know the dates of when you had your vaccinations they can retrieve the data for you from the NHS inform website.