Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

That is around where we were before there was the big spike, a sort of background level. Therefore to me it seems like a reasonable number. But of course I am not an expert.

Shouldn’t be posting here then; this is an ‘experts only’ thread.

13 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

When you give the government your picture for a passport or dl its accessible to other agencies under the data protection act anyway, you are ‘giving’ this when you give them the image. But what you have with government use as opposed to apple etc is far more stringent control over its use via the OIC than any other user of your data. 

Again though, theres an issue of why its necessary in the first place. I can buy the need for a driving licence or a passport to be biometrically linkable to the owner to allow safe use of vehicles or safe international travel. I am full prepared to admit theres no circumstance where I will be ok with domestic vaccine certification so I dont want to waste your time, but I simply do not see the need to participate in this to make some arbitrarily chosen (by soapbox dwelling snobs) activities "safer". 

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

That hasn't been true for the whole pandemic and on the whole spectrum of how well or badly countries have done England and Scotland are virtually the same.

Why do you think England has had lower case rates since they stopped having any of the restrictions we do?

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

Why do you think England has had lower case rates since they stopped having any of the restrictions we do?

Probably schools going back earlier is the main driver.

Almost all of England is experiencing a rise in cases right now while scotland is falling.

guardianmap.thumb.png.5ae878b98d888c837bf3ed85bececa0e.png

That is the data on The Guardian right now.

Just now, BigDoddyKane said:

I have to say I find the SGs communication on covid rules unclear and vague. The 4th Oct is Monday and yet theres still no confirmation on the website Scotland will drop pre-tests for arriving when double vaccinated

Agreed, they haven't updated it. But they've said multiple times that we're following London rules and we won't need pre flight tests coming home after 4am on 4th October.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Agreed, they haven't updated it. But they've said multiple times that we're following London rules and we won't need pre flight tests coming home after 4am on 4th October.

Yeah they have said that multiple time but the media seems split down middle with the actual dates , I would have expected whoever job it is to have seen that by now and clarified the message

23 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

My only word on this because dots are mostly nonsense but the Dotting Crew that are downvoting anyone who disagrees with their anti-science shite should take a look at themselves. You are turning into the BRALT morons right in front of our eyes.

23 hours ago, virginton said:

Why must you turn this forum into a house of lies? 

2 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Having to turn my reaction notifications off because the same 5 arseholes will red dot every post I make on the coronavirus thread.

Oh 20 notifications. Wait it is the same 5 people continuing to have a collective year long melt down.

:1eye

1 hour ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I'm not bothered about my rep or anything like that. but it is annoying to see if anyone has replied to your posts and it is a stream of the same 5 people red dotting everything I post.

It is a petty thing that gets on my nerves

Didn't even last a full day. You hate* to see it happen. 

Spoiler

Nah not really. 

065fa35e-80b5-4de2-ad54-43675ea2ef1e.thumb.jpg.37cd75d9c48c0c58366458d9464aca23.jpg

Does anyone know of any successful public sector IT projects?

This seems to be another failure in a long litany of public sector IT project failures.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

There are literally thousands of systems in use across the public sector in the UK. Most you never hear a Dickie bird about as they work well. The ones that go wrong by their nature are well publicised. I've worked on hundreds over the years and they are no different to private sector systems in that some are great and some are dreadful. It's not unusual for perfectly good systems to be badly administered.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I wonder if the issue is that most people just don't know their CHI - they may have put it on letters but it isn't on the vaccine certificate

I've tried my passport, my driver's licence but no success - I don't know my CHI.
25045d198d056f433aa10d7dda46ce27.jpg

You can work out the 1st 6 of the 10 numbers in your CHI

1st 6 digits are your Date of Birth.

You can narrow down the 9th Digit to even for females and odd for males.

So not safe cracking stuff if you wanna give it a go.

BTW Still get no match found.

Attempt 18

Edited by superbigal

23 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I wonder if the issue is that most people just don't know their CHI - they may have put it on letters but it isn't on the vaccine certificate

I've tried my passport, my driver's licence but no success - I don't know my CHI.

You can get it on any prescription from your doctor or any letter from a hospital.

19 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I think the only people who know their CHI are unfortunate enough to be in regular contact with the NHS. The Danes and most others I've seen used their equivalent of NI numbers. Not sure if the NHS have them in their database though so it might not have worked here.