Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You understand that if there was some kind of conspiracy to get your pictures onto a government database that using pictures from already existing government databases and telling people that was happening isn’t quite the masterstroke you make out. 

Passport and DL photos are already available for comparison with facial recognition. 

The terms of service you click without reading will be different from passports and driving licences.

4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Btw, does @Detournement actually believe the horse de-wormer is an effective Covid remedy? Please tell me that's the case as I may have missed that episode.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33592050/

It is being used widely and effectively in the global south.

Ivermectin is a drug for humans not a horse dewormer.

44 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

That isn't true for everyone.

But whatever makes you feel better.

If you're plan is to lockdown forever and wear masks until the end of time to "protect" an extremely small number of people who have either refused or been unable to take the vaccine then you are, with respect, off yer tits. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

If you're plan is to lockdown forever and wear masks until the end of time to "protect" an extremely small number of people who have either refused or been unable to take the vaccine then you are, with respect, off yer tits. 

No but it is still reasonable to have a mask mandate while coronavirus is at the level it is.

We have just came off quite a big spike. I think that keeping the mask mandate until the virus is at the levels seen in the summer. And as I said most people aren't keeping to the mask mandate anyway so I don't think in the balance of harms that people are being unreasonably inconvenienced compared to the benefits of masks. Even if the only place a lot of people feel obligated to wear one is on a crowded train, bus or busy shop.

Are there stats for how many people have been fined for not wearing a mask? It seems like if you don't want to wear one you literally don't have to.

Lol ok mate. If youre using an apple or google phone you give them far more access to your life and privacy than anything the government would do with your passport picture. 
I mean, we're here at the same point again.

Its different to give than to have taken.

No but it is still reasonable to have a mask mandate while coronavirus is at the level it is.
We have just came off quite a big spike. I think that keeping the mask mandate until the virus is at the levels seen in the summer. And as I said most people aren't keeping to the mask mandate anyway so I don't think in the balance of harms that people are being unreasonably inconvenienced compared to the benefits of masks. Even if the only place a lot of people feel obligated to wear one is on a crowded train, bus or busy shop.

Are there stats for how many people have been fined for not wearing a mask? It seems like if you don't want to wear one you literally don't have to.

^^ Humza Useless

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I mean, we're here at the same point again.

Its different to give than to have taken.

When you give the government your picture for a passport or dl its accessible to other agencies under the data protection act anyway, you are ‘giving’ this when you give them the image. But what you have with government use as opposed to apple etc is far more stringent control over its use via the OIC than any other user of your data. 

20 minutes ago, Detournement said:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33592050/

It is being used widely and effectively in the global south.

Ivermectin is a drug for humans not a horse dewormer.

Independent trials and research from eminent sources has shown that invermectin is no more effective a treatment than a placebo.

There is anecdotal evidence that it may be a tad harmful too.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Source for this?

My own eyes.

Trains, buses and big shops. People will wear a mask.

In the cinema, walking out the football, leaving your table at the pub. I personally see almost zero compliance. I'm not saying people aren't wearing masks, I am saying they aren't wearing them in every situation where they are legally required.

My own eyes.
In the cinema, walking out the football, leaving your table at the pub. I personally see almost zero compliance. I'm not saying people aren't wearing masks, I am saying they aren't wearing them in every situation where they are legally required.
What you said was "most people arent keeping to the mask mandate anyway".

Thank you for clarifying the lack of a credible source tho m9

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

My own eyes.

How do you know they aren’t exempt?