Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Why do we need to go through biometrics to get a QR code through the app but I don't need my passport or anything like this level of security to get the same QR code on the pdf?

It's completely intrusive and I'm not sure why.

I'd imagine it's for security within the app itself, or at least to prove you are who you say you are when registering in the first place.

When I installed the English NHS App (not for any reasons around covid, I wanted to be able to do repeat prescription without going to the surgery), I had to deal the same thing. Register with a username , put in my NHS number, take a photo of my passport, then take a selfie. A bit fiddly but it worked fine. 

NHS England then added the Covid vaccination status stuff afterwards. 

Edited by Forest_Fifer

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

At least if Scotgov are utterly hell bent on dying on this particular hill, we can say that they deserve it.

Imagine calling for what you know is going to be a controversial, unpopular, and in the eyes of many (including several spineless individuals from within your own number who mysteriously stood down their concerns) discriminatory and divisive policy, then being utterly hopeless at inplementing it.

Surely in this scenario, you go to great lengths to ensure your detractors dont get MORE ammo to use against you, instead of wrassling around with the very first hurdle like a turtle on its back

They obviously knew this was going to happen which is why they kept quiet about how complicated it was before the launch. And failed to mention the requirement for photo ID despite the fact that the SNP and Greens argue against photo ID for voting for excellent reasons. 

Wee Toadwart Harvie who was so worried about discrimination before he got his ministerial pay rise hasn't said a word about it today as far as I can tell.

Edited by Detournement

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Because they need the selfie for future facial recognition tech. 

The passport/drivers license confirms it you. 

The moonhowler has landed...

When I saw you had posted, I thought it was to give your hot take in the new Merck drug that is showing great results in clinical trials, explaining to us that they're not pushing ivermectin because they want to make billions from the new one.

1 minute ago, Forest_Fifer said:

The moonhowler has landed...

When I saw you had posted, I thought it was to give your hot take in the new Merck drug that is showing great results in clinical trials, explaining to us that they're not pushing ivermectin because they want to make billions from the new one.

That's exactly what is happening!

Had you heard of pharmaceutical companies prior to 2020?

Edited by Detournement

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Someone who is susceptible to death via covid has already had two vaccines and will be getting a third soon. If you think me wearing a piece of cloth (not medical standard) on my face offers them any further protection that their 3 vaccines don't then I'm afraid the science your using is selective. We've already crippled the economy for the last 18 months and sacrificed a hell of a lot more to keep these people safe, if you're vulnerable and don't feel safe then I'm afraid that's a problem you need to deal with now, society has done all it can for you.

Masks are as much use to preventing covid infection as taking a knee is for preventing racism. 

That isn't true for everyone.

But whatever makes you feel better.

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

They obviously knew this was going to happen which is why they kept quiet about how complicated it was before the launch. And failed to mention the requirement for photo ID despite the fact that the SNP and Greens argue against photo ID for voting for excellent reasons. 

Wee Toadwart Harvie who was so worried about discrimination before he got his ministerial pay rise hasn't said a word about it today as far as I can tell.

As I've already stated, the NHS England app has exactly the same requirement to prove your identity, and it existed long before covid. I suppose its all down to the WEF/New World Order/Elites/etc thinking years ahead.

4 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

As I've already stated, the NHS England app has exactly the same requirement to prove your identity, and it existed long before covid. I suppose its all down to the WEF/New World Order/Elites/etc thinking years ahead.

Yes the NHS in England is selling everyone's data to Silicon Valley dirt cheap.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/ournhs/why-were-suing-over-the-23m-nhs-data-deal-with-palantir/

It's sad that you know the facts but lack the ability to place in them in any context. 

6 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

I think you'll find it's actually an Ernst Stavro Blofeld figure pulling the puppet strings from the shadows.

It must be an absolutely wild ride when everything that happens in your worldview is a conspiracy. Wild!

3 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Apparently according to Scotgov it works for the majority.

I assume this is a bare faced lie.

Someone should do a straw poll on here.

I mean, Sturgeon already blatantly lied when she said it was either this or yeeting businesses shut again...

Apparently according to Scotgov it works for the majority.
I assume this is a bare faced lie.
Someone should do a straw poll on here.
I know about two people who got it to work without any issues. It's a pure nonsense.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Because they need the selfie for future facial recognition tech. 

The passport/drivers license confirms it you. 

You understand that if there was some kind of conspiracy to get your pictures onto a government database that using pictures from already existing government databases and telling people that was happening isn’t quite the masterstroke you make out. 

Passport and DL photos are already available for comparison with facial recognition.