Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, virginton said:

An increase in taxes is not needed to provide funding to the NHS. A decrease in the defence budget and permanently scrapping nonsense vanity projects like Trident and HS2 can be our starting point, as well as a rationalisation of how the health system actually operates. 

Simply throwing 'more taxes' at the problem is not going to work on its own and is hardly sustainable either. 

We've still got £350m to come in sure. Should buy a few more beds. 

12 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:
We've still got £350m to come in sure. Should buy a few more beds. 

A week wasn't it, 350m a week ! It was laughable at the time but it now looks preposterous !

What's even more concerning, is that over half of the population who were permitted and bothered to vote, actually believed it !!

2 hours ago, TheBruce said:

As usual the pissing contest begins from the deniers.

It's simple, the Doc's say they have no more to give, 50,000 Doc's short, as the ambulance service say they have no more to give. IF the NHS is again overwhelmed and its getting there, then further restrictions will be applied, no matter what any politico says now.

However, the usual deniers say they know better.

Bookmark for winter.

🤫

This is desperate stuff. Hoping for this to happen just so you can say that WM got it wrong.

2 hours ago, TheBruce said:

As usual the pissing contest begins from the deniers.

It's simple, the Doc's say they have no more to give, 50,000 Doc's short, as the ambulance service say they have no more to give. IF the NHS is again overwhelmed and its getting there, then further restrictions will be applied, no matter what any politico says now.

However, the usual deniers say they know better.

Bookmark for winter.

🤫

Is the solution a more successful vaccine? Not sure if this has been discussed anywhere.

1 minute ago, sparky88 said:

Is the solution a more successful vaccine? Not sure if this has been discussed anywhere.

That’s an interesting point.

The various companies did an incredible job developing the vaccines so quickly but little has been said about tweaking them to make them more effective.

I wonder if this is happening.

14 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

The holy grail is a vaccine that knocks out all varieties of coronaviruses including future ones. There are a few attempts ongoing but I haven't heard any progress updates recently.

Edited by welshbairn

In the last 19 months, the NHS has reached the sycophancy stage similar to "the forces". I have a lot of admiration for the NHS, but its not without its significant faults as the pandemic has shown. Seems you cant criticise it in any way or you're a disgrace to your country[emoji849]
Depends who your criticising. Those who are working in our hospitals are not the target it's more NHS structure and funding that's rightly copping flak.

55 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

What's even more concerning, is that over half of the population who were permitted and bothered to vote, actually believed it !!

Reasons people voted for brexit in order ;

1- get rid of the foreigners

2- rule Britannia WATP

3- f**k the system lets upset the applecart

4- i don't like the EU

99 - spend money on the NHS instead

4,241* new cases of COVID-19 reported

40,749* new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

11.3*% of these were positive

0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)

90 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19

1,048 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19

4,142,783 people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination and 3,785,214 have received their second dose

*Please note that due to IT issues, the figures reported today are likely to be an underestimate of the total tests and cases. All affected data will be included in tomorrow’s reports.

1 minute ago, TheBruce said:

No, that is desperate stuff!

This IS government policy north and south of the border. It's protect the NHS and that is not changing. 

Try listening to those that actually work on the front line. Even listen to the recent caveats from both the FM and PM. It's protect the NHS, as opposed to your own echo chamber. As much as we may not like it, that is how lockdown/restrictions have worked thus far.

It's not my job to protect the NHS any more than it's my job to protect the Police or Fire Brigade.

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Your man Humza saying spot checks could be used at events, rather than checking 50k vaccine passports. A more sensible approach, but I give it 5 mins before someone is complaining "are you spot checking me as I'm black/asian/female/gay/look a bit dodgy 

Oh for God sake, don't let walloper see that post or you'll be in real bother !!!

13 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Your man Humza saying spot checks could be used at events, rather than checking 50k vaccine passports. A more sensible approach, but I give it 5 mins before someone is complaining "are you spot checking me as I'm black/asian/female/gay/look a bit dodgy 

Cockwomble was suggesting the very same thing.  Makes the whole idea even more pointless.

Daily Summary for @oaksoft Deaths 0 as Weekend reporting(0 day before),  ICU cases 88 up to 90  (33 new admissions over weekend),  In hospital with confirmed Covid  1018 up to 1048 (? new admissions). 

Please note that due to IT issues, the figures reported today are likely to be an underestimate of the total tests and cases. All affected data will be included in tomorrow’s reports.

Daily Cases Update: Day 3 of falling cases as we fall another 3% and I expect something similar tomorrow.  Still on top of the world at 730.8 per 100K.   Everyone of the main players now falling except West Lothian where Fauldhouse and Armadale are the latest hotspots.

In Europe apart from a trip to Belgrade it looks a lot harder to catch the virus. 

1st vaccination numbers are just shite. The passport threat is clearly not upping those numbers.

Figures for Jags.  1st Vaccines   2,906 to 2,167 ,  2nd vaccines   8,141 to 7,753

Total Cases Scotland 7 days 4th September to 10th September  were  41,232 to 39,994 down 3.00%, Positivity was 11.9% now 11.7%.  Cases per 100K were  754.3 now 730.8

Home Nations Daily update  :  UK Average  397.4 to 385.9 down 2.89%, England  342.7 to 332.2 down 5.98%, Wales 545.2 to 531.3 down 2.55%, Northern Ireland  567.5 to 566.1 down 0.25%

In Europe for travellers (Countries Population over 3 Million) Serbia 427.7 (weekly change up 68%),   Switzerland 220.3 (weekly change up 7%), Ireland  196.7 (Weekly change -5%),  Norway 162.2 (weekly change -13%),   These are still the only countries over 150 cases per 100K   

Scotland  may have peaked in wave 4 at 817.1 for 1st Sep to 7th Sep, (UK was 392.1),. Cases that day were 44,663 and positivity 12.5%

Scotland peaks in Wave 3 at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland  peaked in wave 2 at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

West Dunbartonshire    1198.8 to 1165.9

East Renfrewshire  1047.3 to 1022.3 

Inverclyde   1061.5 to 1013.5 

North Lanarkshire   1042.7 to 975.3  

Renfrewshire   998.4 to 949.3

Glasgow City  928.2 to 869.4  

South Lanarkshire   878.1 to 849.4

Midlothian   849.2 to 842.7

North Ayrshire    861.1 to 833.5 

Clackmannanshire   867.6 to 832.5

West Lothian   797.0 to 816.0  Strangely rising as everywhere falls.

East Dunbartonshire   865.3 to 813.8  

Dundee City   826.5 to 813.7

East Ayrshire   812.5 to 803.5 

Fife   792.8 to 782.6

Falkirk    773.5 to 767.3  

BELOW AVERAGE

South Ayrshire  676.8 to 682.2 

Stirling    684.5 to 658.0

City Of Edinburgh  656.0 to 638.0 

Argyll & Bute  678.9 to 625.1  

Aberdeenshire   618.1 to 620.4 

Aberdeen City    546.6 to 529.1

East Lothian    530.1 to 528.3    

Highlands  546.5 to 514.8

Dumfries & Galloway   517.2 to 505.8

Angus    513.7 to 493.0    

Scottish  Borders   432.1 to 451.2

Perth & Kinross    391.7 to 391.0

Shetland Islands   319.2 to 310.5

Moray   245.5 to 259.1

Orkney Islands  214.3 to 241.1

Western Isles  139.6 to 124.5

Edited by superbigal

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

It was there to drive the Remain campaign mental, not to appeal to voters. Cummings has admitted as much.