Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

His piece the other week comparing the Taliban to the SNP because he's barred from WDC meetings was the most 'old man yells at cloud' thing I think I've ever seen.

Do these Afghan families think they have it tough under the Taliban? Try being barred from Church Street and the council HQ :lol:

screenshot-democratonline.net-2021_09.02-12_37_18.png.dfea89a84b963e5a9e55b580c98a29b5.png

Anyway. That was totally off topic. As you were everyone.

I appreciate his awful attempt to write this in the same style as a Private Eye story.

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Who are the Scottish Football Supporters Association, and why is Sturgeon quoting their support! Who exactly have they asked to be able to speak on behalf of Scottish football...

No idea, but here's what they said on their facebook page.

image.thumb.png.d638bcfaf3528b41580013599106ab39.png

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Who are the Scottish Football Supporters Association, and why is Sturgeon quoting their support! Who exactly have they asked to be able to speak on behalf of Scottish football...

Had a look at their website and their annual report is available on the home page. Here's who they speak for.

Screenshot_20210902-125443.thumb.jpg.5e9a70a332a8d7348d15400ec1946d5d.jpg

I know a few people who are certainly not anti vax but who havent had the vaccine. Probably scare stories by the media about blood clots in the younger generation didnt help the case. Lisa Shaw is a prime example, relatively young fit and someone who would still have been here if she hadnt took the vaccine. My mum isnt anti vax but she says she wont be taking a booster if A - its mixed in with the flu jag and B - if it's something other than AZ which she got. Branding everyone who refuses to take the vaccine or finds vaccine passports disgusting as anti vax is a fallacy 
I think you will find I made that very point in my initial response. It's not designed to be a Covid mitigation it's simply a vaccine take up mechanism.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

No idea, but here's what they said on their facebook page.

image.thumb.png.d638bcfaf3528b41580013599106ab39.png

A facebook page with 2k follower and also about 8k twitter followers. A complete non-entity of an organisation.

The fact that these people have been quoted for their support is fucking hilarious.

Edited by djchapsticks

Just now, GiGi said:

Had a look at their website and their annual report is available on the home page. Here's who they speak for.

Screenshot_20210902-125443.thumb.jpg.5e9a70a332a8d7348d15400ec1946d5d.jpg

I’m not sure a football fans group speaks for the ordinary Scottish football fan - I don’t know anyone that would even contemplate joining something like that! 

Though, membership wise they are trying to say a large percentage of Scottish fans are members... which I find baffling!

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

A facebook page with 2k follower and also about 8k twitter followers. A complete non-entity of an organisation.

The fact that these people have been quoted for their support is fucking hilarious.

I’m not reading it as offering support.  I’m reading it as they’ll consult their members before taking a position.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
38 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:
I know a few people who are certainly not anti vax but who havent had the vaccine. Probably scare stories by the media about blood clots in the younger generation didnt help the case. Lisa Shaw is a prime example, relatively young fit and someone who would still have been here if she hadnt took the vaccine. My mum isnt anti vax but she says she wont be taking a booster if A - its mixed in with the flu jag and B - if it's something other than AZ which she got. Branding everyone who refuses to take the vaccine or finds vaccine passports disgusting as anti vax is a fallacy 

I think you will find I made that very point in my initial response. It's not designed to be a Covid mitigation it's simply a vaccine take up mechanism.

Coercion by another name then. Glad you find that acceptable practice by the SG. Ryan Giggs must be shaking his head, dragged over hot coals by the media for using coercion on an ex, yet when the Govt does it, its applauded 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

I’m not sure a football fans group speaks for the ordinary Scottish football fan - I don’t know anyone that would even contemplate joining something like that! 

Though, membership wise they are trying to say a large percentage of Scottish fans are members... which I find baffling!

From a deeper look they have 30k individual members of which only 50% could be said to attend football regularly. They hardly speak for any kind of majority in fans. 

Seems the SG havent thought this through as usual, are England going to require Passport Vaccines for Football?
EPL trialing them ahead of a decision in the next few weeks. Probably coincides with the English school return rise and hence might well happen. Don't think the lower leagues adopted it.

27 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its one of these wee quirks of international geo politics, love all that stuff, I know some people who will be working there in various capacities and essentially they can’t leave the site for 2 weeks. Im a bit of a geek when it comes to things like the legalities of embassies and UN sites etc, loads of good videos on youtube. But to answer your question i believe alcohol will be freely available in all the hotels in the site. Pretty sure hotel bars can be open for residents 24/7 anyway?

Yeh I find it all fascinating, wonder if anyone will be smoking inside the kind of things you wouldn't think about in Britain but I'm sure it's common place elsewhere.

Hotels can serve drink to residents round the clock yeh, but was hoping a wee shop would open for the delegates just to add to the quirkiness.

Coercion by another name then. Glad you find that acceptable practice by the SG. Ryan Giggs must be shaking his head, dragged over hot coals by the media for using coercion on an ex, yet when the Govt does it, its applauded 
Whit !!!

ETA seriously mate I'd think about deleting that post, there is ZERO comparison and nothing legitimises abusive, controlling behaviour of a partner. That's honking stuff !!!

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If you signed up for their emails they count you as a member, might be the same for followers on their social media accounts.

I'm sure they formed after they fell out with Supporters Direct which is closely (too closely imo) linked with the SFA.