Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

What on earth would you know about the basic laws of Physics? 🤣

Enough to know that not all the viral fragments will find their way through the wee holes in a mask, unless you're suggesting some quantum transportation effect?

25 minutes ago, virginton said:

The risk of 'a bad case of Covid' is absolutely miniscule for people who are not old and/or built like the side of a house. 

Aye, no problem then, as Scotland is well known for its overwhelmingly young population and excellent physical fitness and to top it all, the lowest bmi in the western world.  Well, not really. 

Do you ever wonder why there's queues outside chippies and Greggs every lunchtime? I doubt a health food shop has the same problem. 

We passed a High School in Edinburgh the other day at lunchtime.  I can only assume there's no school lunches at that one, as the queues at the nearby shops looked like UN aid operations in Ethiopia. (Well, ok, slight exaggeration, but you get the picture.)  Give it 20 years and Scotland will be pressing the Commonwealth Games mob to include sumo wrestling as a medal sport. 

1 hour ago, 101 said:

If there are more than 10,000 folk there I don't see why they would need an exemption? 

They wont need an exemption because the events campus becomes a UN territory at that point and isnt strictly subject to Scottish laws. 

8 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Getting my second dose of Moderna this afternoon and, with the way things have fallen at work so far, it looks like tomorrow afternoon is going to be my busiest point of the week.

If the side effects smash me then I'm afraid the good people of Dumbarton and the Vale might have to do without a few pages of their local paper :(

Do you work for the Dumbarton paper that waited outside the court for a beast and took a picture of the wrong person and still put it on the front page?

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

They wont need an exemption because the events campus becomes a UN territory at that point and isnt strictly subject to Scottish laws

Didn't know that, that's interesting. Will there be an offie to buy beer after 10pm then?

3 minutes ago, Empty It said:
9 minutes ago, hk blues said:
Sure, no problem with folk making personal choices,  Of course, they come with consequences. 

Making a medical decision shouldn't prevent you from going to the football.

My 20 year-old nephew refuses to be vaccinated because he reckons Gates will be hooked into him 24/7 - that's no fucking medical decision.

5 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

passed a High School in Edinburgh the other day at lunchtime.  I can only assume there's no school lunches at that one, as the queues at the nearby shops looked like UN aid operations in Ethiopia. (Well, ok, slight exaggeration, but you get the picture.)  Give it 20 years and Scotland will be pressing the Commonwealth Games mob to include sumo wrestling as a medal sport. 

Sumo wrestlers are actual athletes though. Again with this disrespect smh.

7 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Aye, no problem then, as Scotland is well known for its overwhelmingly young population and excellent physical fitness and to top it all, the lowest bmi in the western world.  Well, not really. 

Just as well that we already completed a mass vaccination program that prioritised the old and those with (often obesity-driven) 'underlying health issues' then. 

9 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Do you work for the Dumbarton paper that waited outside the court for a beast and took a picture of the wrong person and still put it on the front page?

I do not. I work for the acceptable face of journalism in Dumbarton. Or at least the one that isn't the Reporter (or Bill Heaney's blog..).

2 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Well, that's good news for the tourist resort we've been in this week.  It is fair burstin' wi' athletes! 😂

Being obese doesn't make someone a sumo wrestler any more than it makes a thin person a marathon runner. 

I digress. I find sumo very interesting.

My 20 year-old nephew refuses to be vaccinated because he reckons Gates will be hooked into him 24/7 - that's no fucking medical decision.
I'm sure the vast majority of people not wanting this particular vaccine are "Anti-Vax" like your nephew clearly is. I know several people that get the flu jab most years and have had the hepatitis B vaccine that don't want the covid vax.

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

Just as well that we already completed a mass vaccination program that prioritised the old and those with (often obesity-driven) 'underlying health issues' then. 

Ah, apologies, that must be why case numbers are virtually zero and that vaccinated people aren't catching it or being hospitalised. Obviously there have been no deaths of vaccinated folk either. 

If only. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

FMQs on just now..... Maddening to watch questions still getting shut down with "ItS a GlObAl PaNdEmIc!!!!!!" This far in.

As I've been saying since I signed up here she has a nasty authoritarian streak. 

Very similar to David Cameron in the way that being questioned really angers her. 

9 minutes ago, Empty It said:
19 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I'm sure the vast majority of people not wanting this particular vaccine are "Anti-Vax" like your nephew clearly is. I know several people that get the flu jab most years and have had the hepatitis B vaccine that don't want the covid vax.

He's not anti-vax, just an ill-informed and/or uninformed selfish arsehole.  Probably like a fair percentage of those choosing not to be vaccinated.  

Edited by hk blues

4 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Having to provide proof of a negative test to gain access to venues would require pretty much the same technology as proof of vaccination. Don't get that you would be happy with one and not the other.

FWIW proof your negative would have a better impact protection wise albeit far from foolproof.

Ehm quite simply because proof of vaccination does not 100% guarantee you're covid free. If they're wanting to bring things in to appease the knicker wetters who hate to see people having fun, then it should have been proof of negative test.

13 minutes ago, Empty It said:
23 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I know a few people who are certainly not anti vax but who havent had the vaccine. Probably scare stories by the media about blood clots in the younger generation didnt help the case. Lisa Shaw is a prime example, relatively young fit and someone who would still have been here if she hadnt took the vaccine. My mum isnt anti vax but she says she wont be taking a booster if A - its mixed in with the flu jag and B - if it's something other than AZ which she got. Branding everyone who refuses to take the vaccine or finds vaccine passports disgusting as anti vax is a fallacy 

Edited by Thereisalight..

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Ehm quite simply because proof of vaccination does not 100% guarantee you're covid free. If they're wanting to bring things in to appease the knicker wetters who hate to see people having fun, then it should have been proof of negative test.

I know a few people who are certainly not anti vax but who havent had the vaccine. Probably scare stories by the media about blood clots in the younger generation didnt help the case. Lisa Shaw is a prime example, relatively young fit and someone who would still have been here if she hadnt took the vaccine. My mum isnt anti vax but she says she wont be taking a booster if A - its mixed in with the flu jag and B - if it's something other than AZ which she got. Branding everyone who refuses to take the vaccine or finds vaccine passports disgusting as anti vax is a fallacy 

Maybe your lines are crossed - I definitely didn't say they were anti-vaxers.  In fact, I went on to say that many were a combination of ill informed or uninformed or selfish or any combination of the three, but certainly not anti-vaxers by default.  Some will be.

33 minutes ago, 101 said:

Didn't know that, that's interesting. Will there be an offie to buy beer after 10pm then?

Its one of these wee quirks of international geo politics, love all that stuff, I know some people who will be working there in various capacities and essentially they can’t leave the site for 2 weeks. Im a bit of a geek when it comes to things like the legalities of embassies and UN sites etc, loads of good videos on youtube. But to answer your question i believe alcohol will be freely available in all the hotels in the site. Pretty sure hotel bars can be open for residents 24/7 anyway?

24 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I do not. I work for the acceptable face of journalism in Dumbarton. Or at least the one that isn't the Reporter (or Bill Heaney's blog..).

Haha Bill Heaney is a complete gossip merchant, his blog is essentially old man yells at cloud. 

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Haha Bill Heaney is a complete gossip merchant, his blog is essentially old man yells at cloud. 

His piece the other week comparing the Taliban to the SNP because he's barred from WDC meetings was the most 'old man yells at cloud' thing I think I've ever seen.

Do these Afghan families think they have it tough under the Taliban? Try being barred from Church Street and the council HQ :lol:

screenshot-democratonline.net-2021_09.02-12_37_18.png.dfea89a84b963e5a9e55b580c98a29b5.png

Anyway. That was totally off topic. As you were everyone.