Jump to content

Coronavirus (COVID-19)


ICTChris

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Arabdownunder said:
4 hours ago, eez-eh said:
Pulling up someone for laughing at a virus ripping through a mostly unvaccinated country says a lot about me?
The zero COVID people are nutters but I’m not about to start laughing at the state Australia is in just now.

What state do you think Australia is in? Current outbreak in Sydney is running about 200 cases a day so hardly ripping through. Total deaths still less than 1000 nationally since the start of the pandemic. Effective quarantine, local lockdowns and aggressive contact tracing work.

Crap vaccine rollout/vaccine hesitancy and next to no natural immunity surely means quarantine and other similar authoritarian, dystopian measures for the foreseeable?

Edited by anotherchance
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:
5 hours ago, eez-eh said:
Pulling up someone for laughing at a virus ripping through a mostly unvaccinated country says a lot about me?
The zero COVID people are nutters but I’m not about to start laughing at the state Australia is in just now.

What state do you think Australia is in? Current outbreak in Sydney is running about 200 cases a day so hardly ripping through. Total deaths still less than 1000 nationally since the start of the pandemic. Effective quarantine, local lockdowns and aggressive contact tracing work.

Yeah, they work so well it's why they're shutting up shop for the umpteenth time. Current cases are growing despite this because it transmits so easily now, and even martial law until at least October might not work. Sign me up!

Meanwhile, the rest of the western world is moving on.

 

2 hours ago, anotherchance said:

Crap vaccine rollout/vaccine hesitancy and next to no natural immunity surely means quarantine and other similar authoritarian, dystopian measures for the foreseeable surely?

These nutters just don't get it.

Edited by Elixir
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Hopefully just to be used to speed up foreign travel but the article said "may be used for sports and large events" 🙄

Screenshot_20210731-172319_Chrome.jpg

Certainly would have been handy on my recent foreign trip.  Having to take my bit of paper and passport everywhere was a PITA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Admittedly I haven't been following much of what's happening in Australia, but how are they in the position they're in? I watched a video from one of the news channels there and it was like a totalitarian hell hole. Where did they go so wrong?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Oh the humanity!

 

Is it not the case that it;'s still the law in Scotland that facemasks should be worn on public transport ? 

I don't necessarily agree with it, but I'm not going to ridicule people who feel that the law should be adhered to. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

That's ridiculous. Fining businesses for asking customers to wear masks?

 

 

24 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

That's ridiculous. Fining businesses for asking customers to wear masks?

 

He’s correct.

Masks are useless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

That's ridiculous. Fining businesses for asking customers to wear masks?

 

Nope.

Fining them for REQUIRING customers to wear masks.

You don't do that sort of thing in a free country without expecting a bit of push back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Nope.

Fining them for REQUIRING customers to wear masks.

You don't do that sort of thing in a free country without expecting a bit of push back.

This thread really is beyond parody now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Is it not the case that it;'s still the law in Scotland that facemasks should be worn on public transport ? 

I don't necessarily agree with it, but I'm not going to ridicule people who feel that the law should be adhered to. 

It's more the laughable, sensationalist reporting.

The media really are a complete and utter disgrace no matter what way you cut it:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Three quarters of an hour for this "snappy" comeback.
I suppose that's what happens when you're in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Using how long it takes someone to respond to your posts as some indication of how long they had to think of a riposte is the thought process of a moron.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...