Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Did bad typing.

Do the symptoms differ when you get an infection when vaccinated than when you get it unvaccinated?

Purely anecdotal but in my experience the symptoms are broadly the same but are significantly less severe.

I know plenty of folk who have had it since being single vaccinated and a handful double jagged and it has ranged from 3 days to a week and a half of feeling a bit shite to really quite rough but nowhere near enough to go to hospital.

5 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Out of curiosity as I’ve not seen this anywhere yet.

Is the proposal in Scotland to allow people entry with a negative LFT linked to a QR, or is it you’ve had the vaccine or you can get to f**k? 

The word was that that they might think about allowing that later on, but not initially.

Did bad typing.
Do the symptoms differ when you get an infection when vaccinated than when you get it unvaccinated?

The shits seem to be more common and more of a cold type feeling and gone in few days to a week than respiratory stuff but I know two people who ended up in hospital one who was pregnant and they suspected they had developed heart related issues, seems to have calmed down after a couple of days in and one who was only 13 due to breathing difficulties and turned out they had got a chest infection along with it, they were only in for a night at a&e and not actually admitted.

28 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Out of curiosity as I’ve not seen this anywhere yet.

Is the proposal in Scotland to allow people entry with a negative LFT linked to a QR, or is it you’ve had the vaccine or you can get to f**k? 

Vaccine or GTF. Honestly never thought I'd see the day the world was like this. Hearing news like today really has set off my dark moods. I dont want to live in a two tier society 

There was no suggestion that people who were exempt from wearing facemasks for reasons such as respiratory difficulties should be banned from society, they just had to wear a lanyard (which was fucking nonsense as well). While I've been vaccinated and believe that everyone should be, people have that choice and coercing people into doing something they clearly don't want to is not the way to be running a democratic society. 

8 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

They seem to paint themselves as the party of the free thinking liberal elite but implement policies which are anything but, yet the left think they are just smashing and go along with it all.

Absolutely done with them, hope they get rinsed at the next election, would genuinely love to see Humza, Swinney et al on the scrap heap and Nicola on the back benches. 

Notice they’ve not put the passports as a requirement for churches etc despite the demographic which frequents them being far more at risk of covid than a nightclub goer. Wonder if thats because of the volume of religious fundamentalists in the party?

No chance they will get rinsed at the next election mate. People will still vote for them. 

I’ve been reading this thread for a while and just want to make a quick observation around cases rates and the published hospitalisation figures. First I want to say that I am not in favour of any more  restrictions but I have noticed a few comments which don’t make mathematical sense.

The case numbers we see on a daily basis are the rate of cases per day. The hospital figures are the absolute number of people in hospital.

Based on this, it is not possible to say with certainty that “the case numbers have peaked therefore the hospital numbers will peak x days later”.  You can say that the rate of  hospitalisations will peak but not the absolute number of people in hospital.

To calculate when the absolute number of people in hospital will peak, you need to know the discharge rate. This isn’t (to my knowledge) reported in the daily figures.

The hospital numbers will peak when the rate of people entering hospital is below the rate of people leaving the hospital. You could still in theory have peaked in case numbers and have rising hospital figures for quite some time (if the case number do not fall quickly)

I know this seems obvious to most people on this thread but I have seen multiple comments which don’t grasp this concept.

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

That is a prediction. Anyways, if they're heroes for using the same vax app now, why is it we'll be villains if we use it in a few weeks? It's not like we're on the same covid path.

How is it a prediction? It is what they are doing. Is it a prediction to say Scotland are playing Moldova on Saturday?

You are a complete sack, who cannot bring himself to admit anything the SG do is shit or wrong.

Imagine banning people from partaking in society if they don't want to take a vaccine against a virus that even if they caught would most probably not effect them. If it was about suppressing the virus a negative test would be enough but it's about taking away peoples right of choice.

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The word was that that they might think about allowing that later on, but not initially.

That makes absolutely zero sense considering a negative LFT means there’s a strong chance you don’t have the virus whereas you can still catch and transmit it even once vaccinated.

It’s almost like this policy has nothing to do with preventing transmission…

I’m awaiting COVID test results after a positive LFT yesterday
Pretty sure I’ve got it.
Feel fine but my symptoms were nothing like what’s been so commonly listed.
I had sore throat, bunged up and sneezing just felt like a cold.
I did LFT as staying at mates and came back positive.
On researching it seems the common symptoms have now been superseded by the ones I have (for example the much talked about loss of smell is apparently well down as a symptom that is presented)
It’s a bit odd that nhs and gov guidelines don’t state this as I would have happily bashed along thinking I had a minor cold.
Maybe I’ve missed it and it has been updated but certainly when you try and book pcr test it won’t let you unless you click one of
High temperatures
Persistent cough
Change in taste/smell

The official symptoms aren’t great at all now by all accounts but my guess is they don’t want every child’s maw or da in the country to book a pcr test every time Chantelle sneezes like what happened last year when they ran out of tests when the schools returned so they are asking people to use the LFT as a triage of sorts. I guess in your case the system kinda works?

Still cant get my head around how many people are actually ok about this. Just shows that being forced fed propaganda for 19 months can make a previously level headed and rational individual into a person that is advocating a two tier society. 
If this was about a virus then a negative test would be enough, fact is it's about control now and nothing else 
Having to provide proof of a negative test to gain access to venues would require pretty much the same technology as proof of vaccination. Don't get that you would be happy with one and not the other.

FWIW proof your negative would have a better impact protection wise albeit far from foolproof.

That makes absolutely zero sense considering a negative LFT means there’s a strong chance you don’t have the virus whereas you can still catch and transmit it even once vaccinated.
It’s almost like this policy has nothing to do with preventing transmission…
I think The SG themselves are strongly hinting at that. It's quite simply a very thinly veiled vaccination take up mechanism.

45 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Having to provide proof of a negative test to gain access to venues would require pretty much the same technology as proof of vaccination. Don't get that you would be happy with one and not the other.

FWIW proof your negative would have a better impact protection wise albeit far from foolproof.

He wouldn't  be happy if he won the lottery jackpot.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Imagine banning people from partaking in society if they don't want to take a vaccine against a virus that even if they caught would most probably not effect them. If it was about suppressing the virus a negative test would be enough but it's about taking away peoples right of choice.

Whilst I am not in favour of vaccine passports, I struggle to grasp the justification behind people not getting the vaccine. Unless you have a medical reason, why wouldn't you get it? You might be a young healthy person who wouldn't be particularly affected but, even against the delta variant, the vaccine reduces the risk of passing it on to others.

I'm more for carrot approaches rather than sticks but I just don't get the excusal of people not getting vaccinated.