Coronavirus (COVID-19)

It won't though - it's been designed by someone who thinks the demographic of nightclubs is young people - it isn't.

Whoever came up with this is about 40 years behind the times.

It's also not the same as carrying a mobile or getting a bank card - those have an element of choice - there is no choice about this no matter how you dress it up.

It's a sledgehammer that's aimed at completely the wrong target.

It's simplistic pish that ignores the reality that there are diverse range of reasons why someone won't be or hasn't been vaccinated.
So Gove wasn't as weird as it looked. Queue I saw on Saturday night looked pretty young (well to my eyes anyway)

I disagree with this policy in principle 

Very strongly, actually 

However, selfishly, I’ve double dosed and have been for a while so this won’t effect me so after initial anger I’m a bit meh 

You know who should be the focus of the real ire?

The selfish c***s who could have but didn’t get their vaccine 

Particularly those taking up beds in ICU

Idiots

Fucking idiots 

Wee Patrick should demand everything in writing in case Sturgeon and her pals get group amnesia again.
Nicola is going to play him like a fiddle. He'll be cutting the ribbon on a new oil platform before the the parliament is out. 
You might be bonkers but that last line genuinely made me chuckle.

5 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Listening to radio today and some guy was saying about a hospital in America where 90% of their customers/patients are not vaccinated and 10% of them have been. Hospitals in America making more money the more people stay away from the needle.

Ingrown toenail? Are you vaccinated? This way sir.

12 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Listening to radio today and some guy was saying about a hospital in America where 90% of their customers/patients are not vaccinated and 10% of them have been. Hospitals in America making more money the more people stay away from the needle.

Always a profit to be made from Covid! 

51 minutes ago, TheBruce said:

Have to back Ms Sturgeon 100% on this, as these surges in infections are a real cause for concern.

My son's mate (29yo)taken to the QEUH this morning, in ICU and on a ventilator, lungs fucked. A construction worker with no comorbidities. Non smoker. Slightly overweight. Hadn't been vaxxed. This IS a problem.

Why hasn't he been vaccinated?

2 hours ago, virginton said:

And what about other settings like further/higher education where participation is not compulsory but nobody is going to get lobbed off a course for not being jabbed?

The SG's  desire to pretend that hotbeds of infection match up to their middle class daydreams is why they've made a roaring c**t of this pandemic, time and time over. 

A week and a half before semester, too. Wonder if they will try to ram this into unis and colleges or if they will leave it. Time will tell. 

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

And a damn good job of mitigation the masks are evidently doing.

Oh, wait.

Shit.

Never mind.

If you have any evidence they do nothing to mitigate transmission I'd be delighted to hear it. It would mean countering the basic laws of physics, but have a go..

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

From the BBC website:

“The number of people in hospital has more than doubled since 20 August, from 312 to 629.

Intensive care admissions have not risen as quickly, but have still gone up from 34 to 59 over the same timescale.”

So in 11 days hospitalisation have double and the number in intensive care has increased by over 70%.

Yet people on here are bleating because the SG wants to introduce measures to reduce infections and encourage people to get vaccinated.

Fortunately the majority of people in Scotland will support this move.

So nowhere near hospital breaking point - as cases are beginning to peak. You odious cretin. b9rreGI.png

3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I've resigned my membership of the SNP today.

I recognise that the Scottish Government has to make tough decisions but the introduction of domestic vaccine passports is a step too far.

It completely goes against my views in terms of civil liberties.

I wish I had a membership I could resign in protest, tbh. knpGu0b.png

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

They're both measures to mitigate, not stop transmission, and to avoid another lockdown. 

The simpyness is just overwhelming. QLFMjQU.png

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If you have any evidence they do nothing to mitigate transmission I'd be delighted to hear it. It would mean countering the basic laws of physics, but have a go..

All the evidence you could ever need:

The implementation of vaccine passports for nightclubs and large events etc is one thing, but I’ve been thinking about the wider implications this afternoon.

Would you put it beyond especially SNP run councils to deny entry to libraries, gyms, swimming pools etc without proof of vaccination? I fear there is plenty to run on this, much of which has not even been considered yet.