Coronavirus (COVID-19)

18 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Just sitting laughing to myself imagining the “I support any measure to increase vaccinations” crowd saying they’d support the NKVD turning up in the night and shooting unvaccinated people to encourage people to get jabbed

Similarly I'm laughing at those on here condemning vax passports as a step to overbearing state control being mostly the same people who want to ban cash transactions.

Edited by welshbairn

Hospital Covid wards full of unvaccinated under 40s according to Devi on STV news tonight !!!
Jason Leitch was on BBC Scotland Radio saying that he wasn't going to speculate because he didn't have the figures on how many people in hospital were unvaccinated before then claiming it was 60% following that with repeating he wasnt going to speculate...

Jason Leitch was on BBC Scotland Radio saying that he wasn't going to speculate because he didn't have the figures on how many people in hospital were unvaccinated before then claiming it was 60% following that with repeating he wasnt going to speculate...
It wasn't really the unvaccinated part I would take issue with re Devi it was more the age demographic.

Aww baws looks like I'll be able to get back into Norway when this gets rolled out 
I take it Norway are similar to France, Germany, Ireland and probably soon to be England too in requiring a digital proof system. No guarantee they will all be inter-compatible with whatever we launch mind.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

I take it Norway are similar to France, Germany, Ireland and probably soon to be England too in requiring a digital proof system. No guarantee they will all be inter-compatible with whatever we launch mind.

Yeah you can't enter unless you have Qr code as proof 

I might have to go back to the office before this year ends after all,however most of them are still wfh but as you probably know it's pretty common over there anyway so it's actually been not that to big a deal getting everyone sorted to wfh.

16 hours ago, Empty It said:
16 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
It wasn't really the unvaccinated part I would take issue with re Devi it was more the age demographic.

For me it's the fact they all just lie and make it up as they go along without ever being questioned.

lie ? make it up as they go along ?   ffs, you sound like someone breastfed by mummy until you were 13

Edited by Meldrew

It's not a tribal thing for me, unlike many on here. If vaccine passports encourage more vaccination it's a good thing imo. I wouldn't think twice about getting a yellow fever Vax certificate to go to South America, and I think any adverse reaction to this will be seriously limited as people get used to it.
It won't though - it's been designed by someone who thinks the demographic of nightclubs is young people - it isn't.

Whoever came up with this is about 40 years behind the times.

It's also not the same as carrying a mobile or getting a bank card - those have an element of choice - there is no choice about this no matter how you dress it up.

It's a sledgehammer that's aimed at completely the wrong target.

It's simplistic pish that ignores the reality that there are diverse range of reasons why someone won't be or hasn't been vaccinated.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Here, if I am in a vaccine passport required scenario, does it negate the need to wear my mask?

If not, why not?

They're both measures to mitigate, not stop transmission, and to avoid another lockdown. 

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It won't though - it's been designed by someone who thinks the demographic of nightclubs is young people - it isn't.

Whoever came up with this is about 40 years behind the times.

It's also not the same as carrying a mobile or getting a bank card - those have an element of choice - there is no choice about this no matter how you dress it up.

It's a sledgehammer that's aimed at completely the wrong target.

How can you function or have a normal life today without internet access and a bank card? And according to the P&B demographic if you go to a club when you're over 30 you're OFTW.

Watching BBC Scotland and the total screen time given to voices against the passport so far is a combined 15 seconds to two randoms on Union Street in Aberdeen. 

No mention of it being discriminatory or BAME and low income individuals having lower uptake. 

Our media is a joke.

Edited by Detournement