Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I really don't see how they'll help substantially prevent cases. You'll keep out people that are unvaccinated or not fully-vaccinated (already a minority of the population) AND who have also tested positive on a PCR/LFT, which is a narrower section of the population still. We know that a negative test doesn't mean a person doesn't have it from people submitting negative tests and returning to the UK, only to test positive on the arrival tests. Fully-vaxxed people that have caught covid will also be undetected. We remove a small. Chuck of possibly infectious people and that to me doesn't suggest there is any real gain here and we are as well carrying on without them. 

Because the people who are pushing for digital ID are not bothered about infection levels. It's about controlling the population and preparing for digital currency. 

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Tinfoil sales soaring again I see !

It was apparently a tin foil statement to say that we would have vaccine passports this year but here we are.

As many people have stated with Delta there is no way to possibly consider this a Covid reduction issue. Digital ID has been on the agenda of the UK government and EU for years and this is the excuse to bring it in. 

Edited by Detournement

Football hasn’t even been able to introduce contactless payment at turnstiles so the idea that this could ever work is quite funny.
It will literally be a steward "checking" QR codes outside each turnstile or a bouncer doing likewise on a club door. I really think it's just about the only thing left in their armory without furlough. It will be a lip service thing. I suspect any old QR code on your phone screen will suffice.

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
6 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:
Football hasn’t even been able to introduce contactless payment at turnstiles so the idea that this could ever work is quite funny.

It will literally be a steward "checking" QR codes outside each turnstile or a bouncer doing likewise on a club door. I really think it's just about the only thing left in their armory without furlough. It will be a lip service thing. I suspect any old QR code on your phone screen will suffice.

Clachnacuddin had a guy scanning my QR code season ticket when they started off again, now they just give it a glance.

We should not force people to get vaccinated, we are live in a free society to make decisions if we want the vaccine or not. 

Hopefully the Greens will vote against this but I fear that other parties will vote for this as well. 

This is going to hurt bigger football clubs and nightclubs massively although I can see a legal challenge on this. 

Really disappointed in the Scottish Government for this. 

Edited by betting competition

2 minutes ago, betting competition said:

We should not force people to get vaccinated, we are live in a free society to make decisions if we want the vaccine or not. 

Hopefully the Greens will vote against this but I fear that other parties will vote for this as well. 

This is going to hurt bigger football clubs and nightclubs massively although I can see a legal challenge on this. 

Most people won't have a problem with it, some elderly football fans might need some assistance though.

It's not very liberal. I'm for getting a vaccination, I've had my two, but to essentially force people to get one is a slippery slope. 

I thought medical records were supposed to be private so why should people let a G4S jobsworth know anything about their private medical business?

So say for a Kilmarnock game. Because we are allowed capacity crowds we can hold, in theory, over 10,000 seated folk. But we’ll not reach that (Ayr games, possibly, aside). Would Vaccine passports be in order for that due to capacity?

30 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
32 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
Handy for holidays, in places like Germany and Ireland they check your QR code just about every venue. Won't apply in Scotland without parliamentary approval.

Yes will make going to the countries that require them in almost all settings (France springs to mind) much easier.

Simpin ain't easy!

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

True but it doesn't matter how many people don't have a problem with the government being able to track their every move if they want to.

Anti-vaxxers are not going to sit at home and allow themselves to be either bounced into a vaccine and passport or cut off from society.

If this is brought in, this is going to result in violence.

Anyone who isn't troubled by this hasn't thought about the consequences.

I really don't think we should be basing public health decisions on people who think Bill Gates is trying to micro chip them and Covid is spread by 5G.

19 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I can use my phone instead of a season card at Pittodrie this season.

Not used it yet but my season ticket is in my Google pay wallet.

18 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
21 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

maxresdefault.jpg