Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Why?

because i stopped drinking 15 years ago, as i grew tired or the same old same old, i get just as much enjoyment watching the Bacrlays or Serie A than anything in Scotland, and i've got more than enough equipment in my shed that i need not ever go to a gym again

17 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Yer pal clown shoes on GMS there giving Deepti a telt saying she’s wrong in her latest nonsense about covid in Scotland and also saying that he’s not worried by outside crowds at football and gigs.

Gurdasani is by far the worst of the iSage lot. Has a right bee in her bonnet about children and long covid, which I imagine is what she was challenged upon here. She claims that 7-8% of children suffer long covid and never presents evidence for it. 

She also confidently asserted that the UK would be 2-3x the case rate of January (peak of 60,000) by May. She should be roundly ignored and shunned. 

None of Brussels’ intensive care patients had received a vaccine

Monday, 30 August 2021

belgaimage-163565092-full.jpg
Credit: Belga / Dirk Waem

Brussels hospitals are gradually filling up with Covid-19 patients again, and one thing they all have in common is that none opted for a free vaccine against the coronavirus, according to the staff of Sint-Jan hospital in Brussels.

“In intensive care, no one has been vaccinated,” said Kenneth Coenye, a head doctor there.

“On Saturday we picked up a 35-year-old single mother who died from the virus. It was distressing and should not have happened.”

The Sint-Jan clinic currently houses three of the 51 Covid-19 patients who are in intensive care in Brussels, according to Bruzz.

These are a man in his forties, one in his sixties, and one in his eighties, all of whom have not been vaccinated.

“We know that the number of sudden deaths has risen sharply since the start of Covid-19, especially among relatively young people,” Coenye told Het Laatste Nieuws.

“On Saturday, we had to go and see a 35-year-old single mother who died from the virus. She had not been vaccinated and probably only showed symptoms for a few days. That is enormously distressing. It should never have happened.”

The woman’s children are now being cared for temporarily by the ex-husband.

“It is perfectly avoidable, and for that very reason so unfortunate,” said Coenye.

“Those who don’t get vaccinated will run into the virus sooner or later. One day we will end up with basic immunity, but I still advocate achieving that immunity through vaccination.”

Brussels has been struggling to match the vaccination rates of Flanders and Wallonia.

Barely half of the capital’s residents have been vaccinated, and efforts are being stepped up across the region to boost that number to 65 percent, which is still significantly lower than Flanders (87 percent) and Wallonia (77 percent).

16 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

LFT's would hace been great a year ago instead of the gradual closing up of things and then winter lockdown.

Pre vaccines it would have allowed people peace of mind before visiting older family members/going to pubs, restaurants etc.

It would give completely false piece of mind because the tests that the government gormlessly procured are useless. So much so that the US FDA's recommendation is for people to - quite literally - throw any tests that they have in the bin*:

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/safety-communications/stop-using-innova-medical-group-sars-cov-2-antigen-rapid-qualitative-test-fda-safety-communication

* 'trash' because America. 

5 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Gurdasani is by far the worst of the iSage lot. Has a right bee in her bonnet about children and long covid, which I imagine is what she was challenged upon here. She claims that 7-8% of children suffer long covid and never presents evidence for it. 

She also confidently asserted that the UK would be 2-3x the case rate of January (peak of 60,000) by May. She should be roundly ignored and shunned. 

Incorrect: she should also lose her research position and public platform as punishment for peddling lies. 

3 hours ago, Detournement said:

Vaccine side effects being classed as Covid related explains the uptick in young people in hospital. 

Just a thought...but maybe the doctors and the patient here aren't lying? It's entirely possible to catch Covid, have it incubating away for up to a fortnight, and then the symptoms hit. The fact she got a vaccine within that period doesn't end that process.

In the article it even says that their first thought was side-effects but that was later ruled out. 

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

It would give completely false piece of mind because the tests that the government gormlessly procured are useless. So much so that the US FDA's recommendation is for people to - quite literally - throw any tests that they have in the bin*:

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/safety-communications/stop-using-innova-medical-group-sars-cov-2-antigen-rapid-qualitative-test-fda-safety-communication

* 'trash' because America. 

Hadn't seen this before but I guess it's not hugely surprising. Another cock up in a sequence of cock ups !

because i stopped drinking 15 years ago, as i grew tired or the same old same old, i get just as much enjoyment watching the Bacrlays or Serie A than anything in Scotland, and i've got more than enough equipment in my shed that i need not ever go to a gym again
Wow you're so great. I wish I was you.

9 minutes ago, virginton said:

Incorrect: she should also lose her research position and public platform as punishment for peddling lies. 

Well, that too. 

At least she's set up well for the political career that she craves. 

6 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
23 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

Wow you're so great. I wish I was you.

a read dot would've been enough, instead of that cringey shite.

I can't tell if people are genuinely worried they are ill, or are just choking to post a picture of a positive test on social media and be able to say they've had covid.
Not really the SM type these guys bar football stuff and they saw it purely as a public health thing rather than anything political. They all saw Covid still as a big deal basically.

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

I take it we bought way too many testing kits and need to user them up.

I have a spare 90 odds sent to me due to Euro / Fanzone ticket purchases. BNIB to use the sales vernacular.

I've got a few left after I had to get a test before the first game back at Pittodrie. Even though I've been double jabbed since the middle of May.

Seems an utter waste of time but my wife will also be testing when the university goes back so maybe we can use some of them up.

Also seems at odds with the drive to cut out the single use plastics! Greta will be pissed off.

5 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
10 minutes ago, Meldrew said:
a read dot would've been enough, instead of that cringey shite.

Just saying it how it is. You're my hero.

really ? Thanks ever so much, i would've never have though a boy from motherwell could have had anyone else as a hero, other than the woman who shaped that town into the modern shithole it is today.

1942.jpg.d335a0630f4b8382720c779cb04ca7ec.jpg

1 hour ago, MP_MFC said:

Yer pal clown shoes on GMS there giving Deepti a telt saying she’s wrong in her latest nonsense about covid in Scotland and also saying that he’s not worried by outside crowds at football and gigs.

So we could have been at the fitba and festivals for the past 18 months?

What a waste, Jason.

13 hours ago, Baggio said:

Any tips for testing a 3 yr old? Not looking forward to this at all.

Kids are dropping like flies at the minute, loads off at our school, daughter's nursery was like a ghost town today as well.

Apparently it's only the nose you need to do for wee ones now. My ex had to test his 4yr old. Think it was a case of one parent holding her tight and stopping a left hook!