Coronavirus (COVID-19)

ICTChris

16 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Currently the UK does not even make the list of countries recommended to be allowed into the EU with Vaccinations.

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/travel-during-coronavirus-pandemic_en#restrictions-on-travel-from-third-countries-to-the-eu

This list is due to be reviewed tomorrow.  It is reviewed once a fortnight.  The key to getting on the list is (Bolded the important one)

• the health situation
  • the ability to apply containment measures during travel
  • reciprocity considerations

Individual EU countries are still allowed to make their own decisions, hence why Spain and Portugal allow Uk tourists but the likes of Belgium does not.

Current friendly list of non EU countries.

EU Member States should gradually lift the travel restrictions at the external borders for residents of the following third countries: 

• Albania
  • Armenia
  • Australia
  • Azerbaijan
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Brunei Darussalam
  • Canada
  • Israel
  • Japan
  • Jordan
  • Lebanon
  • Montenegro
  • New Zealand
  • Qatar
  • Republic of Moldova
  • Republic of North Macedonia
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Serbia
  • Singapore
  • South Korea
  • Ukraine
  • United States of America
  • China, subject to confirmation of reciprocity

I know of someone who was due to go to Bulgaria. He was all set to go when Bulgaria added the UK to their version of the red list. Holiday scrubbed. 

This is exactly why I've not even thought about a foreign holiday this year. 

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Being honest, I've no idea of what i'm supposed to do if i want to go on my holidays to Spain in September.

Do I need a test before i leave here ? or is the test to get back in the country which I've got to arrange over there ?

Also, does the testing requirements mean that a 3 day break isn't actually possible ??

I've attempted reading up on this but really none the wiser. 

Can anyone confirm what the current rules and regulations / requirements are when travelling from Scotland to Spain ? and if I do require a test, who provides this and how do I go about it ??

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain/entry-requirements

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-getting-tested/

Did you try any government website or did you just want to have a wee moan?

Just now, scottsdad said:

I know of someone who was due to go to Bulgaria. He was all set to go when Bulgaria added the UK to their version of the red list. Holiday scrubbed. 

This is exactly why I've not even thought about a foreign holiday this year. 

That was quite funny, not for your friend obviously, but about 5 minutes after the UK put Bulgaria on their Green list, Bulgaria said fuckthat and put us on red. :lol:

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Thanks for that, you really are such a nice person who must have lots of friends in the real world.

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There's no point in planning anything now, the rules change every week. If it was me I'd book the holiday now making sure the flights and hotel are refundable or at the very least postponeable. When I went via Portugal about a month ago I needed a pre flight PCR, another PCR to go from Portugal to Spain and back, an antigen test before flying back here, PCR test on days 2 and 8 after getting back, and 10 days quarantine, f**k knows why, double jagged on top of all the tests, I was probably the safest person on the planet.

Yes, i've actually had two holidays booked for quite a while (going on 18 months) as have just been moving the flights forward each time. So far I've had Poland 3 times, Costa Del Sol twice and Catalonia three times all from the original two which were booked and paid for prior to the pandemic. The hotels are always on a free cancellation and pay on arrival basis so no issues with that at all.

As you say, things keep changing but I'm still none the wiser as to whether I need a test to leave the country to go to Spain (why would you) but assume I'd still need to take one to get back ?

Despite Moonsters links (and snide remarks) I'm still rather confused about what is required and why ?

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Thanks for that, you really are such a nice person who must have lots of friends in the real world.

No problem. Lots of people have been baffled as to where they can find a covid test these days, they're like hens teeth, so it's only right to point the most vulnerable in society in the right direction. 

Yes, i've actually had two holidays booked for quite a while (going on 18 months) as have just been moving the flights forward each time. So far I've had Poland 3 times, Costa Del Sol twice and Catalonia three times all from the original two which were booked and paid for prior to the pandemic. The hotels are always on a free cancellation and pay on arrival basis so no issues with that at all.

As you say, things keep changing but I'm still none the wiser as to whether I need a test to leave the country to go to Spain (why would you) but assume I'd still need to take one to get back ?

Despite Moonsters links (and snide remarks) I'm still rather confused about what is required and why ?

If you're not going to Spain till September there's no point in finding out the exact rules for today, they'll probably be different tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I'm doubled jagged now but haven't announced it on Twitter. Am I still fully protected?

Not until you take a picture of yourself wearing your mask in an empty carriage announcing how you're keeping others safe.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

On that link I sent you, the very first line under entry requirements says the following:

"The Spanish government requires all arrivals to Spain from the UK to present on entry a pre-travel declaration form and one of the following: a negative COVID-19 test; or proof of vaccination."

It helps to read the links through before declaring yourself confused. 

I see James Melville is claiming he was at the anti vaxx protest on Saturday as he thought it was an anti vaccine passport protest.

Just now, The Moonster said:

On that link I sent you, the very first line under entry requirements says the following:

"The Spanish government requires all arrivals to Spain from the UK to present on entry a pre-travel declaration form and one of the following: a negative COVID-19 test; or proof of vaccination."

It helps to read the links through before declaring yourself confused. 

Yes, i did read it, however I was also under the impression that despite being double jagged that the Scottish Gov were still requesting a PCR test to leave the country, hence the reason I was asking.

Thanks for posting the links, however there's really no need to try and score cheap points with the snide remarks.

6 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I'm doubled jagged now but haven't announced it on Twitter. Am I still fully protected?

Labour would recommend a PCR test every time before leaving the house just to be safe and to protect others.

Yes, i did read it, however I was also under the impression that despite being double jagged that the Scottish Gov were still requesting a PCR test to leave the country, hence the reason I was asking.

Thanks for posting the links, however there's really no need to try and score cheap points with the snide remarks.

Government websites are literally updated every day with the new requirements, just keep checking them. I'll leave the snide remarks out if you leave the stupid questions out.

"Independent" SAGE's entire shtick is that the actual SAGE, which advises the government, is essentially compromised by its government advisory work. In other words, they simply back up what the government tells them to. They are therefore, at least in their own heads, there to provide opposition to the government by forming some sort of shadow governance body. 
The naming was a deliberate attempt to mislead the public, and I have seen a few slippages in the media where they have inadvertently called this group "SAGE". The "Independent" label is nothing other than an insult to actual SAGE in an attempt to discredit them. It's fine that people want to have alternative opinions, but this lots are essentially a pressure group that have been afforded far too much air time. 
For an organisation that is set up to be critical towards the government and its advisory group, iSAGE, or at least some of its members (particularly Gurdasani), are also very sensitive to being criticised. If you're going to dish it out and make all sorts of accusations, you need to take the heat when it comes back at you. 
The BBC have been the worst for pandering to these clowns and their mewlings.

They should not be given the time of day by any public broadcaster.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Government websites are literally updated every day with the new requirements, just keep checking them. I'll leave the snide remarks out if you leave the stupid questions out.

Honestly.

I see James Melville is claiming he was at the anti vaxx protest on Saturday as he thought it was an anti vaccine passport protest.

He was only there to get directions on how to get away from there.

Still can't believe that James Melville is actually a real person. Thought for years that account was just some sort of #FBPE bot. 

He's landed on the wrong side of the fence from his usual crowd, so I assume he has now been cancelled. 

Regarding travel to Europe.  As I said once the Centralised EU Bloc add the United kingdom to it's list of "accepted" countries then all these "localised" rules in each country are likely to standardise. Double vaccinated will be likely admitted without any further requirements via the Passenger Locator Forms.

As the EU update is due tomorrow and the UK update due by 31st July you can safely bet your bottom dollar lots of negotiations going on in the background.

If UK does not get added to the EU's list tomorrow then fully expect the EU not to get on the The UK's list on Saturday.  When have we not been  Tit for Tat with the EU lately ?

Edited by superbigal